Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1621222324252627282930 LastLast
  1. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    After 500 posts later ,I know what this thing is
    This is nothing but an ebook / e-reader that can half browse the internet.
    I think Steve J didn't want to market this as an e-reader or ebook simply because the issue of eink would be raised by everyone from cnet to cnn. So they tried to spin this as a magical internet device.

That's it ladies and gentlemen, its an ebook based on iPod Touch for folks who needed bigger screen.

PALM can do a similar one. If they really want to be in the game , they should partner with Amazon. A new C40 with Wimax / e ink, multitasking, cards and physical keyboard would practically kill many devices.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    The truth is, it is easier to theme a pre than an iphone.
    Subjective statement...

4. easy steps

1. download black rain (5 second jailbreak)
    2. download cydia
    3. download winterboard (theme app)
    4. download theme

Also the themes are more than chaging icons and font colors. They can change the entire UI of the phone and apps within the phone.
  3. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    Windows Mobile devices have been doing tweaks like you posted for years prior.
    That I can agree completely. WinMo was (is) powerful, they need to polish UI,Speed,stability.
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    It's funny because Windows Mobile sucks, and the themes arent as extensive. Look at the screen shot with stacks!! stacks!!! on a phone!! And obviously not every windows mobile device is capable of doing this

Why should I care? They like to have control over the entire experience, I don't see why they wouldn't take that stance.

Are they going to take legal action? No.

I've even brought my jailbroken iPhone to the genius bar, and showed it off the Apple employees. They all thought it was pretty cool, luckily they didn't have me arrested right?
    Check out civil law vs criminal law. I don't think there have been any lawsuits to date, but that was true of the music industry regarding illegal MP3 downloads for a long time as well (and your attitude was similar to that of the lawbreakers)... Not so much any more....
    Subjective statement...

4. easy steps

2. download cydia
    4. download theme

Also the themes are more than chaging icons and font colors. They can change the entire UI of the phone and apps within the phone.
    yeah, how about creating the theme? See, I have a custom theme on my Pre. Made it myself.

http://www.saurik.com/id/9

or
    http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...e-builder.html

and now that the package manager is part of preware, isnt it really 3 steps to theme webos?

1.dev mode

2.preware

3.Theme
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 01/29/2010 at 01:57 PM.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    You're kidding me right?

These themes also are just for the home screen
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    yeah, how about creating the theme?
    I've only modified or combines already made themes.

Most people who download themes, don't create them

Edit: It's easy just to replace icons and the font color on the iPhone, the more complex themes are well, more complex.

Want to make your own theme? There's an app for that: http://justanotheriphoneblog.com/wor...-on-the-iphone

I'm sure they've developed easier ways since the days of iPhone 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Check out civil law vs criminal law. I don't think there have been any lawsuits to date, but that was true of the music industry regarding illegal MP3 downloads for a long time as well (and your attitude was similar to that of the lawbreakers)... Not so much any more....
    Downloading illegal mp3 equates to stealing

Jailbreaking my phone for custom themes doesn't

anyway I'm not going to get into a jailbreaking argument, back to the original offtopic- topic

yeah iPad SUCKS!!!!No one will buy it. Did you see the iPad Mad tv skit?

Last edited by rashad1; 01/29/2010 at 01:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    After 500 posts later ,I know what this thing is
    This is nothing but an ebook / e-reader that can half browse the internet.
    I think Steve J didn't want to market this as an e-reader or ebook simply because the issue of eink would be raised by everyone from cnet to cnn. So they tried to spin this as a magical internet device.

That's it ladies and gentlemen, its an ebook based on iPod Touch for folks who needed bigger screen.

PALM can do a similar one. If they really want to be in the game , they should partner with Amazon. A new C40 with Wimax / e ink, multitasking, cards and physical keyboard would practically kill many devices.

Ok. I will try again. Its a large screen device that can..........
    read ebooks, read magazines, read comics, email, edit docs and spreadsheets, access my database, IM, VOIP calls, browse the web, check facebook, check twitter, play games, access my corporate calendar, access my task list, access my notes, play my music, watch video, access all of my iPhone apps, etc.

While the iPhone/touch can do many of these things, the larger screen allows for a better experience in MOST cases. If you don't agree that's fine. You can continue using your netbook and kindle, or hoping for the hybrid amazon/Palm tablet that in your own words will "kill many devices".
    I've only modified or combines already made themes.

Most people who download themes, don't create them

Edit: It's easy just to replace icons and the font color on the iPhone, the more complex themes are well, more complex.

Want to make your own theme? There's an app for that: iPhone Theme Builder – Make Your Own Summerboard Themes, On The iPhone €” Just Another iPhone Blog

I'm sure they've developed easier ways since the days of iPhone 2.0

Some people will buy it, doesnt sound like a lot of these people will

anyway I'm not going to get into a jailbreaking argument, back to the original offtopic- topic

yeah iPad SUCKS!!!!No one will buy it. Did you see the iPad Mad tv skit?

Not if Apple had their way. I've read the complaint. Apples says using the bootloader is what is infringing. Your right though back on topic, I forgot what the topic was so I need to look at the topic tags....

Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Not if Apple had their way.
    Until the Federal government and Interpool create an Anti-Jailbreaking division for Apple. I don't see anything happening, you are more likely to get a ticket for j-walking.
    Subjective statement...

4. easy steps

2. download cydia
    4. download theme

wow. none of that is sanctioned by Apple.

give credit to the crackers who made your iPhone that customizable, not Apple.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    That I can agree completely. WinMo was (is) powerful, they need to polish UI,Speed,stability.
    BUT WINDOWS SUCKS AND WHERE ARE THE STACKS??? THE STACKS!!!!! /rashad
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    wow. none of that is sanctioned by Apple.

give credit to the crackers who made your iPhone that customizable, not Apple.
    I do give those guys credit, where did I ever say Apple gets credit for custom themes? But, I digress....
    Until the Federal government and Interpool create an Anti-Jailbreaking division for Apple. I don't see anything happening, you are more likely to get a ticket for j-walking.
    or until apple releases 4.0. Then you wait till someone other than the company you gave $500 to comes out with a way to make your phone do what you want it to...

Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    DYING PATIENT - "Are you the doctor?"
    DOCTOR - "Yes I am. I'm here to help"
    DYING PATIENT - "What can you do for me?"
    DOCTOR - "I'm sorry, I'm the WebOS Doctor. I'm here to restore the tablet. You bricked it."
    DYING PATIENT - "Oh."
    DOCTOR - "I'll be coming by pretty much every day."
    DYING PATIENT - "Well, that's nice."
    are you ignorantly implying that a WebOS device needs to constantly be doctored?
  16. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    BUT WINDOWS SUCKS AND WHERE ARE THE STACKS??? THE STACKS!!!!! /rashad
    I do give those guys credit, where did I ever say Apple gets credit for custom themes? But, I digress....
    then what the freak is your point? WinMo, AppleOS, WebOS and Android are ALL customizable.

The irony is that the folks that download illegal MP3's claim that doesn't equate to stealing, but they are both breaking copyright law.

Go figger....

if Apple gets their way, both instances would fall under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, soooooooooooooo..............
    then what the freak is your point? WinMo, AppleOS, WebOS and Android are ALL customizable.
    I think his point is that Apple didn't do it first, Doesn't make it easy and deserves none of the credit for theme's on the iphone.