Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152021222324252627282930 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiser10123 View Post
    for those talking about using google voice on ipad that wont work because apple doesnt want a google voice app which is why they would have to use the site for text messages sure but for phone calls where would you route the call to on an ipad if the ipad doesnt have a phone number to forward to
    wow.

you didnt even put a period at the end of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post

Cool eh? Bet its easier to theme for my Pre than it is an I-phone...
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by aewilliams View Post
    This thread quickly degraded to an iPad discussion....

I personally think the C40 will be a WebOS 4G device on Sprint. I can't wait! There is no reason Palm doesn't release a 4g device this summer or fall (as long as 4G doesn't hit battery life too hard). The technology is in place and the Pre needs to be replaced by something with better build quality, more storage & more memory by the end of the year. Throw in 4G on that device and it gives currnet Pre owners a reason to upgrade beyond just the evolutionary enhancements.
    gtfo. you're not going to re-rail a 20+ page derailed thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    Iphone market?
    Oh yea...right. And they invented the slate earlier this week...and Cut and Paste in iPhone OS 3....innovative. i wonder when they'll invent multitasking so we can all drool.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    If they were to do a slate, it would have to be evolutionary compared to the iPad.
    You know, here's what they could do. They could give it a few months, maybe even a year or two, and see if it catches on. If it does, then they could take the same basic device, and add a phone to it. Then they would be called "revolutionary" and "innovative".

I know, I know, something similar was done once before... but that was adding a phone to an small media player... This would be different, since it's not small, and not just a media player.

Besides, what worked before would surely work again.

Plus, they could give it a different name. Make it appeal to men more. Maybe call it the meJock....
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    You know, here's what they could do. They could give it a few months, maybe even a year or two, and see if it catches on. If it does, then they could take the same basic device, and add a phone to it. Then they would be called "revolutionary" and "innovative".

I know, I know, something similar was done once before... but that was adding a phone to an small media player... This would be different, since it's not small, and not just a media player.

Besides, what worked before would surely work again.

Plus, they could give it a different name. Make it appeal to men more. Maybe call it the meJock....
    I say they call it the IPad. Seems everyone now a days has to use that name to describe their tablet. I am a bit disappointed though, didn't Jobs feel stupid after the whole Cisco iphone debacle?

Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    If they were to do a slate, it would have to be evolutionary compared to the iPad.
    that wouldnt be hard.

Secondly, I could see someone like IBM and Cisco wanting to get involved to make a webOS slate and smartphone enterprise-centric...think of a slate that can interface with Cisco's telepresence initiative. It would go against Palm's "fat-middle' market but enterprise could help drive this market. What market did smartphones come from after all?
    what's that medical app that all the doctors drool over?

items of this nature would be nice in a hospital setting. each room or patient could have one in place of charts. doctors could update records in real time, order tests, double check drug interactions.

patients could use them to check email or whatever else web related while they are laying there waiting to die.

of course, none of this would be possible in County since they would all get stolen.
    Big Prize Giveaways Do you want an Apple iPad? These look awesome. Make sure you enter daily - drawing is on Feb 3!! Enter now. http://www.bigprize.com/ipad
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts

Cool eh? Bet its easier to theme for my Pre than it is an I-phone...
    I don't get what you are trying to say?

After jailbreaking the iPhone has way more customization: THESE ARE ALL iPHONE SCREENSHOTS

Did you read those at all?

1. It fails because of per kb data charges..... Well we have unlimited now

2. It fails because of Apple dosent play nice with others and other device makers will push it out of deals with carriers....Well they seem to play nice with att....

3. Really?

4. It fails because of no tactile response....Unless the author goes on to say it has a good predictive text.

5. Noone is predicting it fails in that article.

After jailbreaking the iPhone has way more customization: THESE ARE ALL iPHONE SCREENSHOTS

Apple: iPhone jailbreaking violates our copyright | Apple - CNET News

I don't have to break any laws to do it to mine though.... just saying... its easier.

big whoop. welcome to Windows Mobile capability, years ago.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Apple: iPhone jailbreaking violates our copyright | Apple - CNET News

I don't have to break any laws to do it to mine though...
    People arrested for jailbreaking: 0

that number isn't going anywhere

Actually the FBI is going to trackdown and arrest every member of Modmyi, it's worth the money and it will take off millions of evil jailbreakers off the streets. iPhone's everywhere will be safe.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    big whoop. welcome to Windows Mobile capability, years ago.
    Windows mobile? lol
    People arrested for jailbreaking: 0

that number isn't going anywhere
    the fact the apple looks at their modding community as copyright infringement means nothing to you?

Windows mobile? lol
    what's funny about that? "jailbreaking" is not some magical Apple product method of customization.

Windows Mobile devices have been doing tweaks like you posted for years prior.

lololllolololooolololololllloolloollol
    that wouldnt be hard.

what's that medical app that all the doctors drool over?

items of this nature would be nice in a hospital setting. each room or patient could have one in place of charts. doctors could update records in real time, order tests, double check drug interactions.

patients could use them to check email or whatever else web related while they are laying there waiting to die.

of course, none of this would be possible in County since they would all get stolen.
    I like this concept. maybe send the tip to the Palm request line.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    what's funny about that? "jailbreaking" is not some magical Apple product method of customization.

Windows Mobile devices have been doing tweaks like you posted for years prior.

lololllolololooolololololllloolloollol
    It's funny because Windows Mobile sucks, and the themes arent as extensive. Look at the screen shot with stacks!! stacks!!! on a phone!! And obviously not every windows mobile device is capable of doing this

the fact the apple looks at their modding community as copyright infringement means nothing to you?
    Why should I care? They like to have control over the entire experience, I don't see why they wouldn't take that stance.

Are they going to take legal action? No.

I've even brought my jailbroken iPhone to the genius bar, and showed it off the Apple employees. They all thought it was pretty cool, luckily they didn't have me arrested right?
    It's funny because Windows Mobile sucks, and the themes arent as extensive. Look at the screen shot with stacks!! stacks!!! on a phone!! And obviously not every windows mobile device is capable of doing this

Why should I care? They like to have control over the entire experience, I don't see why they wouldn't take that stance.

Are they going to take legal action? No.

I've even brought my jailbroken iPhone to the genius bar, and showed it off the Apple employees. They all thought it was pretty cool, luckily they didn't have me arrested right?
    yeah, lucky us....

The truth is, it is easier to theme a pre than an iphone.