Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 131819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
    Just curious, I came here from the front page link to find out about the C40, not the iSad.

I think the C40 will be a larger Pre....nothing to base it on, just an opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Staring at a computer screen all day is much different than reading a novel on such a device. Nothing beats e-ink aside from paper itself.
    I have read plenty of ebooks on my Kindle iPhone app with absolutely no problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    I have read plenty of ebooks on my Kindle iPhone app with absolutely no problems.
    Then why would you want an iPad?
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Just curious, I came here from the front page link to find out about the C40, not the iSad.

I think the C40 will be a larger Pre....nothing to base it on, just an opinion.
    I would think it would be a whole new form factor. Maybe something without a physical keyboard and a bigger screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    Then why would you want an iPad?
    because reading an ebook on a device with a 10 inch screen is a lot better than reading an ebook on a device with a 3.5 inch screen.
    Apple iPad Review (PHOTOS): 9 Worst Things About The Apple Tablet

http://www.cnn.com/2010/TECH/01/28/ipad.irpt/index.html

http://mashable.com/2010/01/27/9-upc...he-apple-ipad/

Strange, this kinda negativity is popping up everywhere....while the jury is obviously still out, I bet the majority of people whom would buy one, are right now wondering how long the wait till Ipad 2.0 will be.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    This is why all threads in where you participate eventually break down into name calling. I guess we must all agree with you opinion.
    It was a joke. Lighten up Francis. Notice that it got me for thanks... I guess someone agrees with my opinion

(Besides, wouldn't you agree that "it seems like I am repeating the same thing" was just a tad condescending?)
    I understand people will want it, I just don't think it's an amazing device. There was a ton of hype and, just like the Segway, I think a huge let down, that's all. At least it was for me. For people who love everything Apple produces no matter what it is, not so much.

If HP had introduced the exact same device, nobody would care.
    B-B-B-Bingo. You nailed it!!
    I would think it would be a whole new form factor. Maybe something without a physical keyboard and a bigger screen.
    I think it would be a longshot if Palm released something that was not a smartphone. That said, a tablet running webOS would scale and present very gracefully.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    Apple iPad Review (PHOTOS): 9 Worst Things About The Apple Tablet

Apple iPad: 'Oversized iPhone' for some, 'iVolutionary' for others - CNN.com

9 Upcoming Tablet Alternatives to the Apple iPad

Strange, this kinda negativity is popping up everywhere....while the jury is obviously still out, I bet the majority of people whom would buy one, are right now wondering how long the wait till Ipad 2.0 will be.
    Here is a pretty good hand ons.........Hands on with Apple’s iPad (with videos and photos) — RoughlyDrafted Magazine
    About — RoughlyDrafted Magazine

Look at some of their other articles....have they ever liked anything non apple?

http://www.roughlydrafted.com/category/tech/

humm, not exactly mainstream eh?

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/...-ipad-failure/

There are plenty of positive articles out there.....somewhere....
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 01/29/2010 at 12:02 PM.

I don't listen to Rush often, but enough to know he's a big Apple fan. Heard him today while I was grabbing lunch. In his introduction to the show, he mentioned "Apple's new iTampon". I still think Apple's in trouble over this one...
    because reading an ebook on a device with a 10 inch screen is a lot better than reading an ebook on a device with a 3.5 inch screen.
    Yes, and reading an eBook on a lightweight device with an e-ink screen, that fits in your back pocket, has buttons on the side for turning pages so you can use it single-handed while lying in bed or sitting at the coffee shop, free 3G network and a battery that last for weeks is better than reading an eBook on one that doesn't.

But since there's no Apple logo on it, you can't see that.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    I think it would be a longshot if Palm released something that was not a smartphone. That said, a tablet running webOS would scale and present very gracefully.
    No, I'm not thinking it would be non-smartphone. Just be built more like a Droid ERIS. But that's just speculating. I think the more options they come out with the better.
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Yeah, and if Steven Spielberg had made Raiders of the Lost Ark with the guy from MacGuyver instead of Harrison Ford, nobody would have cared that much. I guess the Devil is in the details.
    You're proving my point, I said exact same device.
    Yes, and reading an eBook on a lightweight device with an e-ink screen, that fits in your back pocket, has buttons on the side for turning pages so you can use it single-handed while lying in bed or sitting at the coffee shop, free 3G network and a battery that last for weeks is better than reading an eBook on one that doesn't.

But since there's no Apple logo on it, you can't see that.
    Unless I want to browse the web, read a color comic book, edit a spreadsheet, send an email, play a game, look at color pictures, watch a movie, edit a database, check my calendar, check my task list, check my Evernote Notes, use Instant Messenger, check twitter, talk to you on PreCentral, etc.

can you see that?
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    About RoughlyDrafted Magazine

Look at some of their other articles....have they ever liked anything non apple?

Tech RoughlyDrafted Magazine

humm, not exactly mainstream eh?

FOXNews.com - Has Apple Lost Its Mojo?

There are plenty of positive articles out there.....somewhere....
    OK, I know there is bound to be somone that doesn't like this, joke or not; but who else thinks

This:

Bears an uncomfortably uncanny resemblance to

This:

???
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    OK, I know there is bound to be somone that doesn't like this, joke or not; but who else thinks

This:

Bears an uncomfortably uncanny resemblance to

This:

???
    they stole the name....why not!
    After being contacted by Apples Legal team, I have agreed to update this comment. They have innovated on the name iPad. They have not nor ever "stolen" anything.

Unless I want to browse the web, read a color comic book, edit a spreadsheet, send an email, play a game, look at color pictures, watch a movie, edit a database, check my calendar, check my task list, check my Evernote Notes, use Instant Messenger, check twitter, talk to you on PreCentral, etc.

can you see that?
    Make a phone call.... ooops. Never mind.

Then I'd have to reach for my Palm Pre. That can do just about all of the other things listed above (I suspect spreadsheet and database is coming pretty soon)...
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Make a phone call.... ooops. Never mind.

Then I'd have to reach for my Palm Pre. That can do just about all of the other things listed above (I suspect spreadsheet and database is coming pretty soon)...
    Carefull not to put it in the same purse as your ipad, the usb dongle, the keyboard dock, SD dongle or charger. Wouldn't want your pre to get scratched with all that stuff floating around in there....