Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by notaphonegeek View Post
    LOL, I love some people and the tags they applied to this thread. I'm a Palm/Sprint guy with 3 pre's and looking for two more. I was just watching the apple presentation and I thought the device looks pretty cool. It's not much bigger than my wife's Kindle, smaller than a laptop and has 3G coverage. I was just asking a question and this thread gets tagged as apple sucks/apple troll... Too funny!
    Your wife's Kindle uses e-ink. Reading on an LCD screen sux ****.
    After Apple's BLAH presentation, Palm stock jumped up almost 7% from the during-presentation price.

So the Ipad can do bits of what an Iphone and laptop can do, yet they want us to purchase the inbetween device? And they even try to make it act like a laptop by creating a keyboard dock for it?
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Don't forget with way more bezel, no multitasking, and yet another monthly bill for 3G data on the nation's most hurting 3G network.

Apple seems like they really swung and missed with this one.
    Doh sorry shouldn't have forgotten those... the big one is 3g network pricing/hurting
    Just want to correct some things that were mentioned here.

1. It does come with a dock that contains a physical keyboard.
    2. It's unlocked 3G so you can use any US GSM carrier and do prepaid or a monthly plan.
    3. Get a mifi or overdrive if you want to stick with Sprint for data.
    4. They haven't announced iPhone OS4 yet so hold off on the multitasking bit.

http://cdn.brightkite.com/e6/0e/e60e...6eb-object.jpg
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    Your wife's Kindle uses e-ink. Reading on an LCD screen sux ****.
    She reads about 3 books a week so it saves me $$$ She likes it, so it's ok with me.
    Phones in Family pre> pre> pre> Centro> Rant
    I think apple missed the point that people don't like to cary more then one device and eventhough the ipad is a giant ipod if they at least made it a iphone like so you can talk on it people would consider carrying around a giant turd. haha
    It's nice looking and thin. But I couldn't imagine using it for much. I'd much rather a laptop for what it costs. It's basically a pretty, but gimped (one app at a time!) netbook without a keyboard. It's not e-ink, so reading on it wouldn't be nearly as pleasant as a book reader. I was expecting more, honestly. Where's the front facing camera for video conferencing? Where's the wow?
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post

2. It's unlocked 3G so you can use any US GSM carrier and do prepaid or a monthly plan.
    But weren't they supposed to announce Iphone OS4 today? Shouldn't I have held off on buying the Pre Plus until I heard what Steve was going to say about Iphone OS4 today? Isn't one of the likely reasons Verizon has held off on advertising the Pre Plus and the Pixi Plus on tv is b/c they were waiting to see what Steve would say about Iphone OS4 today?

So Sprint does GSM? I don't understand your third point.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    I think apple missed the point that people don't like to cary more then one device and eventhough the ipad is a giant ipod if they at least made it a iphone like so you can talk on it people would consider carrying around a giant turd. haha
    +1 exactly. This can't run any PC/mac programs either... so you still need a computer.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html

Don't think that's right, sir.

So your saying carrying around a Phone a ipad isn't enough so we should start with sprints mifi as well. Ooooh man I will need a full backpack worth of stuff on ther other hand a laptop at this point will do the same and more.
    She reads about 3 books a week so it saves me $$$ She likes it, so it's ok with me.
    I'm saying the Kindle is a good thing, we have two in the house. I would never buy a device (like the iPad) for reading books.

Too big, eye strain from the LCD screen, not enough battery life.

It does NOT come with a dock. That's an optional accessory. iPad has optional keyboard dock, camera connection kit and Apple-designed case -- Engadget
    I'm saying the Kindle is a good thing, we have two in the house. I would never buy a device (like the iPad) for reading books.

I LOVE my Kindle. You almost don't know how much eyestrain you get from reading on an LCD until you read using e-ink.

I got a chuckle when Apple stated they are standing on the Kindle's shoulder with their Ibooks. Agreed that reading a book on an LCD screen would be a joke.
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    Not true, I often carry my pre and my laptop. As I also said before, my wife carries her Kindle and her pre as well. My 17 year old starts college later this year and it would make a great addition to his pre.

I would love to see this as a Sprint/Palm Web OS device with multitasking.

I would love to see this as a Sprint/Palm Web OS device with multitasking.
    Lol. So you want it to be completely different from what it is, only keeping the form factor.
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    Lol. So you want it to be completely different from what it is, only keeping the form factor.
    Absolutely!
    Gonna need some iPants with extra huge pockets to carry that dang thing around.
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    But weren't they supposed to announce Iphone OS4 today? Shouldn't I have held off on buying the Pre Plus until I heard what Steve was going to say about Iphone OS4 today? Isn't one of the likely reasons Verizon has held off on advertising the Pre Plus and the Pixi Plus on tv is b/c they were waiting to see what Steve would say about Iphone OS4 today?

So Sprint does GSM? I don't understand your third point.
    If you believed the rumors then yes they were "supposed" to announce iPhone OS4 today, but they didn't.. because the rumor was obviously not true! Probably May or June... just like the previous 3 years.
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast