Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    If I had $500 extra and wanted an ebook, Kindle, Nook, or an extra Web Browsing device. I would most certainly buy one. I am trying to show some financial restraint (I will probably buy one anyway though).

My point is during the Keynote I didn't want one. When I had a few minutes playing with it I completely changed my mind. On the flight back to NY last night I was thinking about it the whole way (wishing I had it with me). I think its definitely not a device for everybody, but I think it will be very successful (not iPhone level success though).
    (Just about) everything is about price. I would likely be interested if it was $300. Neither of us is buying at $500. And I submit that if a person that paid $$$$ to go to an Apple keynote, then spends the flight home lusting after the device, and is still not convinced to part with the asking price; well, I'd have to say, it doesn't look good for success.
    Then the Apple Tablet is not for you. I have no problems reading ebooks on a LCD screen. I dont print out things in order to read them ever.

You do know, that some people just might not agree with your opinion. The Kindle iPhone app has been downloaded over a million times. Lots of people disagree with you (and maybe even your sister)
    Well then buy one, hell - buy two and pretend I bought one of them. Why do you people need everyone to be on board??
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Of course they would. I have no trouble "admitting" they are competitors, what makes you thinik I would have trouble admitting that? Competition is a good thing. Were it not for iPhone, we'd still be stuck with Treos.
    I agree. I still think about my old Treo 650. Palm was so much ahead of everybody else then.
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    1.If you were to look at the post before the poster sarcastically says two successful products are a big deal. The sales number are HUGE compare to anyother mobile product out there on the market.
    And you miss the point. Apple's sales being 10 times, 100 times, or even 1000 times, does not mean that Palm is a failure as a company. It means Apple is a bigger success. I will never make as much money as Bill Gates, but I get my bills paid with money left over for a few other things. That doesn't make me a failure; and I'm not about to kill myself because he makes in a week what I'll make the rest of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    2. Apple is a high-end retailer, never said it was luxury, you did. They do carry some affordable products with great build quality.
    Apple runs a few retail outlets, but they are not a retailer. They are a manufacturer. "High end" implies top of the line. I don't think so.
    Then the Apple Tablet is not for you. I have no problems reading ebooks on a LCD screen. I dont print out things in order to read them ever.

You do know, that some people just might not agree with your opinion. The Kindle iPhone app has been downloaded over a million times. Lots of people disagree with you (and maybe even your sister)
    But you're missing the irony. You basically agree with him (and his sister). The device is not worth what it costs.
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    nobody is arguing about build quality. and if they have affordable products, how are they considered "high-end?"
    Because he likes them....

and...
    and...
    and...

um.... they're cool.
    But you're missing the irony. You basically agree with him (and his sister). The device is not worth what it costs.
    But I don't agree with him. I think this device is perfect for somebody that is looking to buy an netbook now or an ereader. I am not at the moment (but I will probably get the Apple Tablet around launch).
  8. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    thats racist!
    I mean blank form
    I agree. I still think about my old Treo 650. Palm was so much ahead of everybody else then.
    And they stayed with "then" way too long.
    But I don't agree with him. I think this device is perfect for somebody that is looking to buy an netbook now or an ereader. I am not at the moment (but I will probably get the Apple Tablet around launch).
    In business, the final vote is with the buck. Everything else is chatter.
    In business, the final vote is with the buck. Everything else is chatter.
    Yep. Early Wall Street estimates are 3- 5 million units sold first year. I dont know what Apple has planned but that would probably already make it the most successful Tablet ever.
    And they stayed with "then" way too long.
    true, but I still remember looking at that screen for the first time after owning and using the Treo 600 for awhile and being amazed.
  13. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    And you miss the point. Apple's sales being 10 times, 100 times, or even 1000 times, does not mean that Palm is a failure as a company. It means Apple is a bigger success. I will never make as much money as Bill Gates, but I get my bills paid with money left over for a few other things. That doesn't make me a failure; and I'm not about to kill myself because he makes in a week what I'll make the rest of my life.
    How dare ? you can only be called a successful person if you can make the same amount of money as Bill Gates, and BTW , everything Bill does is right ( Steve J does is right).

Joke apart , this thing is good looking , only if it had few more features.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    I mean blank form
    i was kidding.

welcome to the internet.

take a seat and stay a while.

Yep. Early Wall Street estimates are 3- 5 million units sold first year. I dont know what Apple has planned but that would probably already make it the most successful Tablet ever.
    That sounds like about the number of Pre/Pixi sales. That's good that you consider that "successful". Seems a "big" company would have higher expectations though...
  16. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    I wonder if APPLE makes any changes between now and the sale date.
  17. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    That sounds like about the number of Pre/Pixi sales. That's good that you consider that "successful". Seems a "big" company would have higher expectations though...
    The other thing everyone is missing here is the cost of this iPad.
    Its homegrown for the most part. With in-house CPU and cheaper memory , it would have cost them nothing , may be 100 bucks at the most.

I am waiting for the guys who rips it out open.
    true, but I still remember looking at that screen for the first time after owning and using the Treo 600 for awhile and being amazed.
    I'm still amazed at how much my little Centro can do. I've got literally any every of application that I would need to make my phone what I want it to be.
    Dont know about that. Sounds like pretty amazing number to me. Higher projections than the original iPhone. I bet far higher than any of company trying to introduce a tablet right now too.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcoaster View Post
    I'm still amazed at how much my little Centro can do. I've got literally any every of application that I would need to make my phone what I want it to be.
    and it never even multitasked.