Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
    I had a dream last night it was a burgundy Centro. Saw the old school PalmOS launcher :O
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post

Seems odd, until you remember who you're dealing with. And you realize that if Apple develops a nice tablet computer, like I was looking for, they're not guaranteed to make money off every app I use on that computer, and every song I buy on that computer, and every movie I watch on that computer, and every book I read on that computer.
    You sir, hit the nail right on the head. I'm surprised I haven't seen more people make this connection.

On-topic: I would be interested to see a webOS version of the iPad. Multitasking on it would be great. I just hope that's not what the C40 is. I agree with others here that Palm needs new phone hardware soon.
    I was patiently waiting for big news from Apple, after they only announced this enlarged iPod Touch.. I was quite surprised seeing as how this company always makes innovative products.. I personally see this thing being as big as the apple tv.. Very limited product

I wish they'd used a streamlined version of Mac OS X to run this thing.. Then I believe it would of had more appeal.. The lack of alot of features.. And multitasking.. Good luck with productivity.. I'll just stick with my Touch.. It's a shame, if Apple can't convince me I want a tablet I don't think anyone could..

As for the C40, I'm looking forward to what Palm has up their sleeve.. New hardware as was stated would be killer..
    Quote Originally Posted by feyded1020 View Post
    I was patiently waiting for big news from Apple, after they only announced this enlarged iPod Touch.. I was quite surprised seeing as how this company always makes innovative products.. I personally see this thing being as big as the apple tv.. Very limited product

I wish they'd used a streamlined version of Mac OS X to run this thing.. Then I believe it would of had more appeal.. The lack of alot of features.. And multitasking.. Good luck with productivity.. I'll just stick with my Touch.. It's a shame, if Apple can't convince me I want a tablet I don't think anyone could..

As for the C40, I'm looking forward to what Palm has up their sleeve.. New hardware as was stated would be killer..
    I got to try one out yesterday. I will say this, the hardware is incredible. Not sure I would give up my laptop for this, but I would definitely give up my netbook for it.
    I love how apple haters criticize new offerings by apple, but then go waving palm's weak little flag around as if to say " oh yeah? well PALM'S toy will be BETTER! nahhhh!! This after a DECADE of underwhelming disappointing products from palm.

Bunch of annoying children playing sandbox games.
    If Apple wants a real game changer they should allow their OS to be installed on PC. For now I have no real need or much interest in buying an iPad seems like that is something made for the macheads.
    Quote Originally Posted by feyded1020 View Post

+1 i was expecting them to release tablet but this was a dissapointment in my opinion. they could of done better.

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
  8. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    So now Steve is going to convince me that that bigger iPod is really what I needed. Almost had me this time...
    I would change the word " Bigger and Magical"
    Interesting debate. In all the back-and-forth, we're learning a lot about what people want from their mobile devices and some excellent points have been made, both pro and con, in regards to the iPad.

Personally, I don't see how the iPad meets a need in the marketplace. It will fully meet the "wants" of many (even if that "want" is simply for another device with an Apple logo on it...those people DO exist), but it's not a groundbreaking device it was touted to be.

Some may view that as Apple-bashing or failing to understand the cleverness of the device. However, I believe that many who are unimpressed with the iPad actually do believe the device is a clever concept. Personally, I love the idea of an ultra-portable connectivity device with a screen larger than a smartphone. It's just that this one features limited capabilities at a premium price. If Jobs had said that the iPad would retail for $249, I believe that this thread would be far different.

An iPad has the form-factor of a netbook without the functionality. Or, the functionality of an iPod Touch at twice the size. And it's roughly twice the price of either. Other than the logo I don't know what makes it stand out. Give it multi-tasking capability and drop the price by 25% (at least...) and then you'll have a far more intriguing device.
    Last edited by semprini; 01/28/2010 at 11:01 AM.
  10. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Seriously, you guys are killing me. My wife is about to wake up, and then I will be dead.

I'm even more convinced, someone in marketing/branding at Apple really fell down on the job on this one...
    Wow,
    Stop it guys , my stomach is hurting.
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    I love how apple haters criticize new offerings by apple, but then go waving palm's weak little flag around as if to say " oh yeah? well PALM'S toy will be BETTER! nahhhh!! This after a DECADE of underwhelming disappointing products from palm.

There's an old canon of litigation that goes something like this:

If the facts aren't on your side, argue the law.

If the law isn't on your side, argue the facts.

If neither are on you side, just argue.

You've got that last one down pat.
    There's an old canon of litigation that goes something like this:

If the facts aren't on your side, argue the law.

If the law isn't on your side, argue the facts.

If neither are on you side, just argue.

You've got that last one down pat.
    Close, but it goes like this:

If the facts aren't on your side, pound the law.

If the law isn't on your side, pound the facts.

If neither the facts or law are on your side, pound the podium.
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post

And yet, you're sticking with one of the "underwhemling disappointing products" ... Interesting...
    Quote Originally Posted by semprini View Post
    If Jobs had said that the iPad would retail for $249, I believe that this thread would be far different.
    It's funny, I told my wife almost the same thing last night when we were talking about the device. I said that if it had come out at $300, it'd probably be a big seller. See, I like Apple $50 more than you
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    I hope not the ipad was and is the most over hyped nothing in the world. It os a apple itouch on steriods!
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by mmprotection View Post
    If Apple wants a real game changer they should allow their OS to be installed on PC. For now I have no real need or much interest in buying an iPad seems like that is something made for the macheads.
    Well, I disagree with you on that one. Apple's niche market in the pc (personal computer, lower case) game is that their products work. Right out of the box. Hardware is rock solid, software (no matter who it's from) almost as much so. They achieve that through tight control.

The PC world is totally different. Even those that consumers buy assembled really are just assembled "build a computer". Name brand computers (at the consumer level) have one set of chips on one production run, and the new lowest bidder on the next production run. The nature of the industry means there is less control, and thus less reliability.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    I hope not the ipad was and is the most over hyped nothing in the world. It os a apple itouch on steriods!
    The iPad is targeted at a more professional audience, but also includes non-professionals as well.
    I'm sorry I'm gunna flame apple here but really...? Ipad? More like imaxipad. It's a dumb idea, ugly looking, and even if it does well, I would never want to have my 3g relied on atts network with them complaining about network strain and unexpaned 3g. Apple didn't think well enough on what people need on a tablet and honestly I don't see many with tablets if barely any. Most people have notebooks and pdas from what I've seen. The ipad belongs exactly where, well, pads go. So congraulations ladies... Heres a chance to splurge on something more then shoes
  20. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    I see it more as a convergence device for a kindle and ipod touch. All this talk of netbooks or laptops is nonsense and i'm not sure why Jobs even brought them up.

The only way that i see Apple has a chance of making a case for it is being an e-reader and lining up publishers, mind blowing ipad apps, plus whatever spillover they get from those who use ipod touches since this is basically a high end ipod touch.
    Sure, it won't fit anything we know of , okay , but that doesn't mean that we know everything. Steve J knows a new way of consuming digital information with a magical device. We should thank him for showing a new way by buying this device

They have loyal customers to support their R&D effort.
    APPLE will sell a million of these before upgrading it with real OSX. But with current specs ( no flash, can't watch CNN video whats up with that) the browsing experience is not so magical.