Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
    wow i just wanted to post my buddy is a die hard apple ****** and just sent me a text about how people on the apple forums are saying the ipad would have a better shot if it ran webos lol he used to have a 650 and has played with my pre and had to tell me that he agreed with the idea of a webos tablet making more sense lol
    Palm prē-ist.
    wow i just wanted to post my buddy is a die hard apple ****** and just sent me a text about how people on the apple forums are saying the ipad would have a better shot if it ran webos lol he used to have a 650 and has played with my pre and had to tell me that he agreed with the idea of a webos tablet making more sense lol
    Palm prē-ist.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    you clearly have an allegiance.

it's ok though. : patshead :
    I don't post negative subjective remarks about any particular company or it's customers. Therefore I am not similar to people who do just that.
    actually IIRC, didn't these forums also make fun of palm for the name pixi?

A dumb name is a dumb name, and it deserve to be mocked. The Pre isn't that great a name either. I will accept iPod though, as that is a literature reference.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    actually IIRC, didn't these forums also make fun of palm for the name pixi?

A dumb name is a dumb name, and it deserve to be mocked. The Pre isn't that great a name either. I will accept iPod though, as that is a literature reference.

i liked the vid showing the experience of buying and reading a book... and maybe using a kindle is just as good... but just thinking on the marketing side...

if apple can get the major publishers of college text books and be able to in one fell swoop be able to offer all the texts books for purchase and use on the iPad like they seem to be doing with other publishers...

then i think it will be a game changer compared to just a kindle. cause i was thinking back in those days lugging my engineering chem1 and calc and all my other books... if i could walk around and they were all on a slick tablet/pad like that? and have access to apps to boot.... sweeeet!

i guess whoever is the first to do something like... capture a market like that... and an age group of 18-22 yo... this will win big.
    well im not biased in the least bit. I love the pre, and love the phone as well (unlocked/jailbroken of course) BUT this iPad has to be the stupidest thing ive seen from apple yet. How are you going to have a product that is supposed to compete with netbooks and find a balance between laptop/smartphone that cant even multitask?? no matter how you twist it that is ridiculous. To me it really just looks like a toy. You cant do real work and then pause to reply to emails at the same time?? wow, just wow. is the demographic for this kids/teens?? Because thats the only people i know in real life who actually want one.

If they fix that one big glaring issue then i could see how it could be desirable. But that is major
    wow...lots of double posts...

But I just got quicktime running...it was corrupted and I needed to uninstall and reinstall (just works my *** ). Watching the vids now

Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    I'd like to, and have tried several times tonight, but Quicktime will not seem to work with Chrome.
    that's funny.

and the demo guy were having problems.
    i was confused as to why the demo guy was having so many problems navigating.

he was like a waitress who doesn't know how to keep the drinks filled.
    that's funny.

i was confused as to why the demo guy was having so many problems navigating.

he was like a waitress who doesn't know how to keep the drinks filled.
    I think it was the Engadget guy that was fudging the demo, he seemed pretty clunky with his "taps" ... He was frustrating me. Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    I don't post negative subjective remarks about any particular company or it's customers. Therefore I am not similar to people who do just that.
    the name is dumb, get over it. just because you aren't flaming doesn't mean you aren't leaning towards one side.

the Apple fans are no better.
    OK, to help get past this name thing, I came up with an iDea.

Apple could take this:

And add this as an accessory:

And they could rename the kit to:

The iNad

Guys would feel more comfortable with that than something called an iMaxi. Plus, they could put batteries in it to give it 4 more hours of time.

Think about SJ, it could work....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (16.5 KB, 54 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (1.9 KB, 107 views)
    Another thing I just noticed ... http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/rev...keyboard-dock/

Take a close look at the keys on the keyboard, they are iPad specific, and one of them is the expose key (for those of you that are Mac familiar will know what that is) .. is this a hint at multitasking in the future?

If you're not familiar with Expose, then checkout http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exposť_(Mac_OS_X)
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Another thing I just noticed ... Review: Apple iPad Keyboard Dock | iLounge
    .. is this a hint at multitasking in the future?
    good great do it.

if they at LEAST added that, id buy the top end 3G one today, name be damned.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    the name is dumb, get over it. just because you aren't flaming doesn't mean you aren't leaning towards one side.

the Apple fans are no better.
    I didn't say anything specifically so don't assume, and I didn't say I was better. I do think Apple does a great job with products. Hence they've made over $100 billion in the past two quarters in a recession. Objectively speaking, they are doing very very very well. I thought the name Macbook was lame when the Macbook Pro first came out in 2006. I've owned 2 Macbook Pro's since then. The name of a product won't prevent people from buy it.
    how can you do real work and then reply to emails? come on... the same way if you were to do it on the iphone or touch now... your working on an app and you go to your email and when you go back to your app, it is in frozen state at the last point you were working on like many apps do now. I mean come on... when you are at work and the different apps you use, how many are actually "running" and performing tasks and crunching numbers while you are doing something else.

it's not perfect because i do wish it did have some sort of multitasking option for the day i want to have my movie keep playing while i go check my email and on a bigger tablet like that do wish it had flash...

but i can see a use for it where i can have a tablet that is practically instant on and can have laying around to check a website, or check email quickly or calendar or run a quick app on it (as i seem to have more apps to go to on my phone for quick things then i do on my pc lately). or take it traveling where those tasks are pretty much all i want to do with a netbook.

i imagine just like 1st gen iphone, people will be demanding it do more and i am willing to bet they will do just as much with software upgrades to offer more features as they did with their phones including some multitasking like i think they will do and show on the iphone update in future.

Quote Originally Posted by newone757 View Post
    How are you going to have a product that is supposed to compete with netbooks and find a balance between laptop/smartphone that cant even multitask?? no matter how you twist it that is ridiculous. To me it really just looks like a toy. You cant do real work and then pause to reply to emails at the same time?? wow, just wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    OK, to help get past this name thing, I came up with an iDea.
    if the hanging nads come in different colors, well, color me in.
    if the hanging nads come in different colors, well, color me in.
    That's Nutz website

Gonna make you an iPhanGuy yet...
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    I didn't say anything specifically so don't assume, and I didn't say I was better.
    BUSTED! i didnt say you were better but you just said you were an Apple fan because I said Apple fans are no better and you said you didnt say you were better.

I do think Apple does a great job with products. Hence they've made over $100 billion in the past two quarters in a recession.
    seriously? that's like the awful new Ford truck commercials. they try and say their trucks are better because more people buy them.

Objectively speaking, they are doing very very very well.
    theyre great at marketing. there is nothing wrong with any of their products, but they are few and far between the best of any class.

I thought the name Macbook was lame when the Macbook Pro first came out in 2006. I've owned 2 Macbook Pro's since then. The name of a product won't prevent people from buy it.
    you'd be surprised how much insecurities and frail ego's can make or break a consumer product.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    That's Nutz website

Gonna make you an iPhanGuy yet...
    i nominate my dog to be the face of the iNad campaign.

Neuticles.com