Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    ponder on this. if you have a verizon pre, you're gonna pay a significant amout more for your plan.. when in reality, given that sprint roams to verizon towers when there's no sprint signal, you're gettin a much better deal.. for one.. the plans are just cheaper to start off with.. free turn by turn navigation.. call ANY mobile phone ANYTIME without using minutes! if i was a verizon customer who just bought a pre and stumbled upon this site and this thread.. i'd be a little jealous.. screw the extra ram and memory.. i want the long term money saver.. GO SPRINT!
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    No "3G" EVDO roaming :-/
    reality is that Sprint's coverage comes pretty darn close to Verizons. Thats why in ads they only compare themselves to ATT. I travel a lot an dhave sprint coverage everywhere with no problem. Anyone who pays more on Verizon is being a sucker.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ravsteve View Post
    reality is that Sprint's coverage comes pretty darn close to Verizons. Thats why in ads they only compare themselves to ATT. I travel a lot an dhave sprint coverage everywhere with no problem. Anyone who pays more on Verizon is being a sucker.
    Thats not true, they specifically attack at&t's 3G coverage in conjunction with the iPhone. at&t and VZW are neck and neck and are in a close competition with each other. Sprint is 80,000,000+ subscribers behind at&t, and are followed by t-mobile coming in last out of the big 4.
    the pre plus will not sell well on verizon anyway, to many phones they are competing with.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    i love sprints "now network" advertising, but i think they need to be more aggressive in making people aware of the advantages of their plans.. though i am a fan of gsm, i am still a very happy sprint customer because of the coverage, prices, phones, and features.. i say duke it out! sprint can take verizon.. sprint should do unto verizon as verizon does unto att.. it definitely won't be good for verizon to have two companies with ads revealing their shrotcomings.. such as verizons crippling of phones and expensive plans and features.. because technically, sprints network is just as big as verizons (when verizon advertises, they show not only their coverage area, but sprints as well) network.. thus making sprint just as "dependable".. sprints allowing them to brag about a huge number of uninformed customers? no way! the advertising department at sprint should hire me! lol
    Didn't Verizon just announce Unlimited Nationwide for $69.99 a month?
    Quote Originally Posted by Merton View Post
    Yes.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    yet verizon customers are still paying for navigation.. tisk tisk..
    Quote Originally Posted by d.moss View Post
    yet verizon customers are still paying for navigation.. tisk tisk..
    Not the Android customers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merton View Post
    That $69.99 is for Voice ONLY. To get data, you need to add $30 to the bill. Texting is also extra and Navagation is also extra.
    Quote Originally Posted by d.moss View Post
    ponder on this. if you have a verizon pre, you're gonna pay a significant amout more for your plan.. when in reality, given that sprint roams to verizon towers when there's no sprint signal, you're gettin a much better deal.. for one.. the plans are just cheaper to start off with.. free turn by turn navigation.. call ANY mobile phone ANYTIME without using minutes! if i was a verizon customer who just bought a pre and stumbled upon this site and this thread.. i'd be a little jealous.. screw the extra ram and memory.. i want the long term money saver.. GO SPRINT!
    Not at all. I'm SO SORRY for signing up with one of the worst networks in the US. I knew I would regret it and I did. Sprint reports that there's signal in my area via a roaming partner. Actually there is... line of site to a Verizon tower. The Pre SHOULD lock on to the Verizon tower but it does not. It locks on to the signal of a Sprint tower, a signal that is so weak you usually can't make a call and if you do successfully manage to dial a number the call gets IMMEDIATELY dropped. In a nutshell, it's totally useless. The algorithm that Sprint has programmed the Pre with for doing a handoff from one tower to another is so poor that your calls will get dropped long before you get successful handoff to a Verizon tower. My experience with Verizon and T-Mobile is that they handoff calls to their partners without dropping the call.

I've had nothing but the crapiest and most incompetent service with Sprint. I actually called up today to cancel. Fortunately you can get out of the contract without the ETF because they changed the terms of the contract effective January 2010.

I can sell my Pre on eBay and actually MAKE money on the switch to Verizon. I'm done with Sprint and their terrible network (well, to be fair this is often regional... it's CRAPTACULAR in southern New Hampshire).
    Quote Originally Posted by slbailey1 View Post
    That $69.99 is for Voice ONLY. To get data, you need to add $30 to the bill. Texting is also extra and Navagation is also extra.
    Sprint costs less for sure (the equivalent unlimited plan with data and texting is $120 on Verizon and you still don't have nav on some phones) but for me it doesn't make a difference as the Sprint network doesn't work AT ALL where I live. I've also had a myriad of other customer service related issues since I dropped my T-Mobile service and moved to Sprint. I knew I'd regret it and I do. Less expensive? Yes. Worth the savings? Well... my phone service doesn't work all that well so no, not really worth the savings.
    T-mobile's coverage sucks. Verizon sounds too expensive. Ive had Sprint for about 8 years and I am happy with the overall package.