Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    Sprint is a mystery in that it is the best value and (arguably) the best network, yet they are bleeding customers.
    In general, companies who provide the "best" of something that is clearly in high demand, don't bleed customers.

Sprint may be the "cheapest" (although generally T-Mobile is), but Sprint is hardly the "best value" if you have true connectivity requirements. Sprint's network lacks the robustness of one like Verizon's. Sprint is consistently listed in last place for call quality and customer satisfaction (JD Powers, et al, reports) and their industry high customer churn rate and continuing downward spiral in subscribers indicate Sprint's simply not providing best value for their customers.

If you truly rely on the quality of your wireless service (as an impact on your bottom line), you can't rely on Sprint. If you simply want to pay less than others regardless of the service you get, Sprint might be worth looking at.
    are people forgetting that sprint is the only company that has 4g currently and no phones available on it? Not to mention the deal sprint just reached with walmart in that every walmart will have a sprint 4g tower???? Sprint on paper does sound the most logical period, why else would verizon bump up their eft to $350? I mean they make profit every year and voda has been complaining about the divides not being paid in 8yrs!

oh I forgot how they just got bailout money too. Sprint to me sounds much more plausible. Only 49million customers? Sure, for now. I'm not a huge fan of apple, I am of sprint. I've stuck with them for 10yrs for a reason.
    Palm prē-ist.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I highly doubt iPhone on Verizon this year. I still just don't see Apple making a separate version for just one carrier, it's just not the way the company acts. I think next year, with an LTE iPhone, that we'll see that on Verizon, but it's too early for that now, in my opinion.

Now, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the Apple Tablet run on Verizon, but that's another story.
    +1. I have to agree with this opinion. Couldn't have said it better.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Sprint's network lacks the robustness of one like Verizon's.
    You obviously have not heard that Sprint has a roaming agreement with Verizon. Therefore every-time you loose service with Sprint you will switch to Verizon. That fact alone makes your statement seem inaccurate.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    In general, companies who provide the "best" of something that is clearly in high demand, don't bleed customers.

Sprint may be the "cheapest" (although generally T-Mobile is), but Sprint is hardly the "best value" if you have true connectivity requirements. Sprint's network lacks the robustness of one like Verizon's. Sprint is consistently listed in last place for call quality and customer satisfaction (JD Powers, et al, reports) and their industry high customer churn rate and continuing downward spiral in subscribers indicate Sprint's simply not providing best value for their customers.

If you truly rely on the quality of your wireless service (as an impact on your bottom line), you can't rely on Sprint. If you simply want to pay less than others regardless of the service you get, Sprint might be worth looking at.
    Now, I don't think that is entirely accurate. Sprint never places at the bottom on call quality... customer satisfaction I think is scewed a little as well due to the fact that (in my opinion) most customers are angry, because Sprint did not have a blockbuster phone lineup, and CS was abismal.

These things, for me anyway, have changed over the past year and a half. Thus, my perspective on Sprint has changed for the better as well.
    Last edited by pogeypre; 01/25/2010 at 03:58 PM.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Im sure some people might have bad coverage with Sprint but I've never had a dropped call, poor call quality, or even a lack of coverage in the entire city of Orlando. The CS on the phone is usually very good, the store CS varies but that is to be expected i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    you obviously have not heard that sprint has a roaming agreement with verizon. Therefore every-time you loose service with sprint you will switch to verizon. That fact alone makes your statement seem inaccurate.
    uuughhhhhhhh.
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotast165 View Post
    Not to mention the deal sprint just reached with walmart in that every walmart will have a sprint 4g tower????
    thats not even confirmed, it was only a rumor, dont spread lies. I wish they did though its a great idea IMO. if they did that i might actually be interested in 4g as it would be anywhere I'd ever travel
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by newone757 View Post
    thats not even confirmed, it was only a rumor, dont spread lies. I wish they did though its a great idea IMO. if they did that i might actually be interested in 4g as it would be anywhere I'd ever travel
    I agree you can't travel too far in Florida without hitting 1-2 Walmarts.
    yep im in hawaii for the next few years so i wont be doing much traveling anytime soon lol, but even on this little island there are 3 walmarts
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by newone757 View Post
    yep im in hawaii for the next few years so i wont be doing much traveling anytime soon lol, but even on this little island there are 3 walmarts
    Just off the top of my head I can count 5 Walmarts within a 15 mile radius from where I live... talk about excellent coverage lol
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Articles on the internet that are based on pure speculation and 'he-said-she-said' situations never lie!

This comes from my first home on the interwebs.. DSLReports.com.

I spoke with my brother today about what I was going to do.

I got the Pre after my iPhone 3G broke. I simply refuse to go to AT&T and I'd rather not leave sprint. I have a feeling Apple will show off something really flashy and cool and I'll get attracted to it but I'm trying to best to resist the urge to jump ship...

If I did decide to leave and get the iPhone on Sprint or VZW (the latter would be less likely anyway) I'd have to wait not only until it came out, but I'd also wait a few months to get an annual upgrade credit. By that time, I'm sure Palm will have webOS up to a level of awesomeness not conceived by any Pre user.

Not only are Palm's updates important, but developers apps as well. I just heard Assassin's Creed is in the App Catalog. While I really don't fancy it's console sibling, I'm always down for mobile games. This is exciting news that we have yet another cool-somewhat respectable 3D in our catalog.

I'm sure by the time Apples shiny new toy hits, I'll be so caught up with the Pre and whatever version of webOS we're running, that I'm not even going to care. Much like how I honestly didn't care my iPhone broke after I got the Pre. Like giving a crying baby a piece of candy!
    Last edited by Tcub; 01/25/2010 at 06:47 PM.
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    Now, I don't think that is entirely accurate. Sprint never places at the bottom on call quality... customer satisfaction I think is scewed a little as well due to the fact that (in my opinion) most customers are angry, because Sprint did not have a blockbuster phone lineup, and CS was abismal.
    Sprint isn't out of the cellar yet. According to JD Power's most recent analyses:
    Mid-Atlantic Call Quality (2009): Sprint - last place.
    North Central Call Quality (2009): Sprint - second to last.
    Northeast Call Quality (2009): Sprint - tied for last.
    Southeast Call Quality (2009): Sprint - 3rd of 5.
    Southwest Call Quality (2009): Sprint - tied for last.
    West Call Quality (2009): Sprint - tied for last.

And ...

Customer Care Performance (2009): Sprint - last place ... still abysmal.

Go read the reports for yourself. JD Power's methodologies are sound and inform much of the industry (and investors) as to the value of a corporation's stock. You may think your own experience is different, but unless you regularly use phones from the top 4 (or five depending on region) wireless providers, you have no basis for your assessment.
    Competition is good. It makes device manufactures and cell companies better. I wish you could take any device to any carrier and any carrier could sell any device. BREAK DOWN THE CELL PHONE WALLS!!!
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    - iphone will be on all networks by year end. Vz first, then sprint, last will be t-mobile.
    - iphone will have multitasking with coverflow type switching.
    - sprint will have to charge more for the phone with the plans being as low as they are. They are also thinking about having a seperate iphone plan with higher rates, but most likely stick with charging more up front.
    - apple will release their tablet with cmda and gsm available in june.
    - rim or nokia forced to buy palm.
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    - iphone will be on all networks by year end. Vz first, then sprint, last will be t-mobile.
    - iphone will have multitasking with coverflow type switching.
    - sprint will have to charge more for the phone with the plans being as low as they are. They are also thinking about having a seperate iphone plan with higher rates, but most likely stick with charging more up front.
    - apple will release their tablet with cmda and gsm available in june.
    - rim or nokia forced to buy palm.
    thank you miss cleo, how's prison?
    Hey. Uh. You guys are all talking like Apple and Sprint are just deciding which color shirt to wear today.

Savior? Huh? Are you nuts?

Apple's next carrier partnership comes down to ONE thing. Money. Do you know how much AT&T has spent to supporrt carrier exclusivity on the iPhone? North of 1.3 billion dollars. And that's not discretionary, "oh, should we or should we not take the kids to Disney World this year" spending. That is contractually obligated subsidy, marketing and kick-back expenditures.

So, if you want to guess who's next for the iPhone, start looking at who can afford the cost of exclusivity. And yes, it will be exclusivity. The next carrier WILL be CDMA. And for all parties concerned it will feel like the iPhone just came out.

Oh. And don't think AT&T won't pull out a blank check at the last minute to extend exclusivity into 2011. Their relationship with Apple shows a history of eleventh hour moves.

detroitkruk
    Quote Originally Posted by digink View Post
    Just off the top of my head I can count 5 Walmarts within a 15 mile radius from where I live... talk about excellent coverage lol
    OT... that's Walmarts distrbution strategy. The place a distribution center that serves soemthing like 5 to 10 stores all within a 15mi radius.
    Sprint isn't out of the cellar yet. According to JD Power's most recent analyses:
    Mid-Atlantic Call Quality (2009): Sprint - last place.
    North Central Call Quality (2009): Sprint - second to last.
    Northeast Call Quality (2009): Sprint - tied for last.
    Southeast Call Quality (2009): Sprint - 3rd of 5.
    Southwest Call Quality (2009): Sprint - tied for last.
    West Call Quality (2009): Sprint - tied for last.

And ...

Customer Care Performance (2009): Sprint - last place ... still abysmal.

Go read the reports for yourself. JD Power's methodologies are sound and inform much of the industry (and investors) as to the value of a corporation's stock. You may think your own experience is different, but unless you regularly use phones from the top 4 (or five depending on region) wireless providers, you have no basis for your assessment.

This seems like an interesting follow-up to your post -
    Announcements: Sprint outperforms AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon in business market survey of customers
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12