Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 44
  1. #21  
    Is anyone surprised? Basically the same hardware in the phones. With the right coding/jailbreaking....multitasking should come easy.
  2. #22  
    btw, i love the condom on your desk haha
  3. rashad1's Avatar
    Posts
    520 Posts
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
       #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    btw, i love the condom on your desk haha
    I'm in college, gotta play it safe ;-)
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by qst4 View Post
    Cross Platform?
    Agree. <moved>
  5. Olidie's Avatar
    Posts
    385 Posts
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    #25  
    Interesting.
  6. qst4's Avatar
    Posts
    300 Posts
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    #26  
    My fault Rashad, I wrongfully assumed you knew about cross-platform. There's a lot of interesting stuff like this in there.
  7. #27  
    I could be mistaken on this, but I'm pretty sure that the multitasking in this video isn't real multitasking. When not in focus, the 3GS apps pretty much save their state and halt entirely, similarly to how the original Palm OS (Garnet) handled things. This just puts a frontend to it with screenshots of the last action you took.
  8. #28  
    ^^what would make you think that?
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by newone757 View Post
    ^^what would make you think that?
    The fact that every single app of the 44 is static and paused, mainly.

    Like I said, I could definitely be mistaken. I don't have an iPhone or iPod Touch, so I wouldn't know for sure.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    The fact that every single app of the 44 is static and paused, mainly.

    Like I said, I could definitely be mistaken. I don't have an iPhone or iPod Touch, so I wouldn't know for sure.
    the video of the pre did the exact same thing.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by newone757 View Post
    the video of the pre did the exact same thing.
    Okay, but I know for sure that the apps are still active in the background on the Pre, since I actually own one.

    I can't say the same about the iPhone, so I went by appearance, and clearly stated that I wasn't sure in the first place. If that's incorrect, please feel free to say so.
  12. #32  
    i dont know. i own a touch and use this but i have nothing to make me believe they are inactive, but no solid proof that they arent either. I dont think the picture of them is live though cause if i minimize safari while its loading it wont update the thumbnail, but when i switch back to it the page is already loaded. So im "pretty" sure its true multitasking, but the images of the cards are not live images. so we both could be half right lol
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    never seen the iphone look so good before loll
    agreed.

    Very interesting though. I will say this, that larger screen makes webos look so sexy!
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  14. #34  
    good job looks good.
    Treo 700wx > Treo 755p > Treo 800w > IPhone 3g > Treo Pro > Palm Pre
  15. rashad1's Avatar
    Posts
    520 Posts
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
       #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I could be mistaken on this, but I'm pretty sure that the multitasking in this video isn't real multitasking. When not in focus, the 3GS apps pretty much save their state and halt entirely, similarly to how the original Palm OS (Garnet) handled things. This just puts a frontend to it with screenshots of the last action you took.
    They all work in the background actually, unfortunately the cards aren't live though, so they don't update you on what is currently happening within that app.
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    They all work in the background actually, unfortunately the cards aren't live though, so they don't update you on what is currently happening within that app.
    Thanks, I stand corrected.
  17. Kedar's Avatar
    Posts
    994 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    #37  
    It is a bit laggy when you have that many and you play a game, but that is expected.

    Good stuff! The iphone looks so much better when you take away all of apple's restrictions on customization.
  18. Raphy's Avatar
    Posts
    70 Posts
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    #38  
    question, if both the iPhone 3GS and PrPrPr&#$275$; $have$ $the$ $same$ $processor$, $why$ $can$'$t$ $I$ $do$ $this$ $on$ $my$ $original$ $Pr$&#$275$;??
  19. rashad1's Avatar
    Posts
    520 Posts
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
       #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    It is a bit laggy when you have that many and you play a game, but that is expected.

    Good stuff! The iphone looks so much better when you take away all of apple's restrictions on customization.
    I was also streaming music on Pandora, forgot to mention that.

    Yeah it does, but nothing can be done about looking somewhere else for service. If you unlock for t-mobile, you can only use EDGE which I find lame.

    Quote Originally Posted by Raphy View Post
    question, if both the iPhone 3GS and PrPrPr&#$275$; $have$ $the$ $same$ $processor$, $why$ $can$'$t$ $I$ $do$ $this$ $on$ $my$ $original$ $Pr$&#$275$;??
    Because the iPhone has more options when it comes to hacking it.BTW I like how you put the little "-" above the e, cute
  20. #40  
    Very cool Rashad. I can see that as these phones become more capable, the WebOS method of flicking through cards is going to get pretty kludgey/painful after more than ~10 programs are running. Hopefully a more efficient task-switching metaphor is in the making.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions