Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 75
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by dgraham98 View Post
    Engadget guys are the experts ? Give me a break. Amazon and B&N are going lock out Apple. At CES color LCD readers were announce or released by bucket load without content agreements.

    Content is the game, you control the content, make it easy and cheap to get and you own the market (iTunes and iPod). Amazon and B&N went on a spending spree and bought up the content and are now introducing equipment. Amazon is also going to kick back royalities to publishers making it tough for others to get content.

    Amazon has already started $0 on books

    I love it, when you say anything negative about Apple, the covert Apple ******* hanging around this Fourm are flushed out.
    Umm..noone is going to buy this thing to just read books. That will merely be an option..and hardly one that Apple gives a crap about. Besides that, the device will have...wait for it...Kindle and Nook apps already.

    Mags and newspapers? This device will have..wait for it...a safari browser. One merely needs to go to the mag's or newspaper's mobile (or full) site. Most are free for viewing online. These sites are often updated by the minute.

    Apple isn't wanting in amazon's limited market that consists of just book lovers. They're wanting to create a new market. A device that offers drawing, watching media, surfing, running all the iphone/tablet apps, games, etc..all that stuff before worrying about using it as you would a Kindle to read a book.
  2. urkel's Avatar
    Posts
    944 Posts
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by dgraham98 View Post
    Amazon and B&N are going lock out Apple. At CES color LCD readers were announce or released by bucket load without content agreements.
    No need to rehash what CardFan already said so just read that over a few more times and rethink exactly how likely it would be that Amazon/BN would "lock out Apple" or anyone else when theyre already distributing an ereader app for the iPhone, Windows, Mac and Android.

    Quote Originally Posted by dgraham98 View Post
    I love it, when you say anything negative about Apple, the covert Apple ******* hanging around this Fourm are flushed out.
    So lets deconstruct this accusation. What exactly is more "fan boy" behavior here?

    1) People participating in a clearly marked Apple thread in the cross-platform forum expressing guesses on what this product may actually be.

    or

    2) Someone who comes here (as you admit) to "say negative things about Apple" by presenting unfounded facts as truth regarding a company they irrationally dislike and a product they have zero intention on ever buying.
  3. digink's Avatar
    Posts
    322 Posts
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Umm..noone is going to buy this thing to just read books. That will merely be an option..and hardly one that Apple gives a crap about. Besides that, the device will have...wait for it...Kindle and Nook apps already.

    Mags and newspapers? This device will have..wait for it...a safari browser. One merely needs to go to the mag's or newspaper's mobile (or full) site. Most are free for viewing online. These sites are often updated by the minute.

    Apple isn't wanting in amazon's limited market that consists of just book lovers. They're wanting to create a new market. A device that offers drawing, watching media, surfing, running all the iphone/tablet apps, games, etc..all that stuff before worrying about using it as you would a Kindle to read a book.
    Do you work for Apple? if not please stop making wild ASSumptions about something you probably actually know very little about.

    I for one can care less about Apple or this tablet, but it is just bothersome how people get so emotionally attached to a company, its pretty sad really. You see their disillusion kick in and they start talking like they are VP of sales for the company.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by digink View Post
    Do you work for Apple? if not please stop making wild ASSumptions about something you probably actually know very little about.

    I for one can care less about Apple or this tablet, but it is just bothersome how people get so emotionally attached to a company, its pretty sad really. You see their disillusion kick in and they start talking like they are VP of sales for the company.
    Assumptions? This is a cross platform forum and this is a thread about just that. Assumptions, speculation, anticipation.

    Since you could care less, then i'm not sure what you're doing here :P
  5. #25  
    I think you are blowing this way out of proportion. Apple has not done anything impressive for years. The tablet is not going to be that big of a deal. Its going to need some wireless pipes and I'll bet that will be ATT. Its probably going to cost $50 a month to use the thing because you can't tether with an iphone without jail breaking. Smartphones are the popular technology of this era. The tablets are just going to be a niche product for apple fans and a pimple on the technology horizon.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  6. urkel's Avatar
    Posts
    944 Posts
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    #26  
    Why are the most opinionated people the ones who want a product the least?

    Whether it's the Zune, iPhone, Nexus One or Wii then why get so emotionally invested in it's success? Palm will live or die on WebOS so every misstep should be scrutinized. But Google? Microsoft? Apple? These guys have the financial flexibility to take a risk and absorb the loss if it fails. The product could be a dud like the AppleTV or a success like the Xbox. Either way, more choice is good for the consumer. And if you don't like it then save your money for something else. They won't mind.
  7. #27  
    I can't wait for this thing to come out and be done with. Tired of all the Apple rumors. I am going to watch just to see the product I don't want. If I want portable net connected devices I'll have the smartphone, if I want to carry 10" devices, I'll have a netbook to watch/read my media and get some work done as well. Oh and I'll say this won't have a camera, apple ******* just think of everything they want inside but they don't think how to use it. I can't imagine apple putting a camera on the table. Think how funny it would be holding up a big slab to take a picture, and your arm strain to hold it for video chat. Just not going to happen. Get a notebook for that.
  8.    #28  
    It's been almost confirmed that it will run native iPhone OS apps so be prepared to see a lot of famous iPod Touch apps featured like the piano keyboard and the game with the wooden box and the metal ball rolling around on a 10 inch screen. It's sure to be app-tastic and media friendly. I'm looking forward to Madden 2010, Wild West Pinball and Heads Up Poker myself.

    Of course, the actual product availability won't be for months so you can look forward to lots more speculation this Spring.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    I think you are blowing this way out of proportion. Apple has not done anything impressive for years.
    I would argue their steadily rising stock value, steeply increasing revenues, and strong profit showing even in bad financial times is impressive. Or were you expecting "one more thing?"
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    I would argue their steadily rising stock value, steeply increasing revenues, and strong profit showing even in bad financial times is impressive. Or were you expecting "one more thing?"
    Don't you see? It's all about their Apple's great great marketing, not any product attribute. Everyone who buys these things are like zombies waiting in line. They are drawn like moths to sparkly stores and bright colors. In fact, the entire performance of the company can be attributed to the Mac guy commercials, the architects of the Apple Stores , and the cool songs they play on the iPod and iPhone commercials.

    If only Palm had chosen a different advertising campaign, the Pre would have Droided the smartphone market. [/SARCASM]

    In other words, it's a naive rationalization.
    Last edited by UntidyGuy; 01/27/2010 at 10:39 AM.
  11. #31  
    Going to wait for the PalmBook. WebOS has a lot more to offer.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    Going to wait for the PalmBook. WebOS has a lot more to offer.
    I know you can't be serious. What does WebOS have to offer a tablet that Apple doesn't have? Sound? Graphics? A physical keyboard? Cards? iTunes integration? Multitasking? RAM? Plastic screen? Apps? Media partners? Round shape?
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    I know you can't be serious. What does WebOS have to offer a tablet that Apple doesn't have? Sound? Graphics? A physical keyboard? Cards? iTunes integration? Multitasking? RAM? Plastic screen? Apps? Media partners? Round shape?
    A much better OS.
  14. xtn
    xtn is offline
    xtn's Avatar
    Posts
    434 Posts
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Don't you see? It's all about their Apple's great great marketing, not any product attribute. Everyone who buys these things are like zombies waiting in line. They are drawn like moths to sparkly stores and bright colors. In fact, the entire performance of the company can be attributed to the Mac guy commercials, the architects of the Apple Stores , and the cool songs they play on the iPod and iPhone commercials.

    If only Palm had chosen a different advertising campaign, the Pre would have Droided the smartphone market.
    I don't disagree with the principle of your claim, but I disagree with your extreme limits.

    I don't think it's ALL about their great marketing. That's a lot of it, but you're wrong to say the products don't have ANY attributes. Sure, without the marketing they probably wouldn't have become such a huge monster in the room, but I think their products probably would still sell at least as much as any other decent competing products.

    I bought an iTouch for one of my kids for Christmas. I didn't pick it to fit in. I didn't pick it because it's "cool." I picked it because it's a nice touch experience and he can easily download a lot of free or 99-cent games. Having looked at the DSi first - since it's for a kid and the DSi seemed to be more physically robust - I was bothered by the higher prices they get for their games.

    So I found more benefit with Apple's product. The price of games is more suitable for helping my son learn about managing the meager allowance money he earns by doing chores. That was the predominant factor in my purchase decision. I'm a forty year old construction worker who doesn't give a crap about the architectural design of Apple's stores, dancing silhouettes of hip young urban kids, or one ******* in a TV commercial cleverly belittling another *******. Okay sure, I'm aware of the product in no small part because of those things, but they didn't otherwise effect my purchasing decision.

    I'm not an Apple fan at all. I use Windows for my computing needs and WebOS for my smartphone needs. I bought the iTouch for my kid because it seemed to be the most rational choice to suit the criteria I had about what to buy for him.

    xtn
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by JDGAFFLIN View Post
    A much better OS.
    OK. We'll have to see. However, Apple has been working on a tablet for a couple of decades, now, and that they have had some track record of success in mobile computing lately. They do have a pretty nice platform for app development and media delivery.

    Palm has been working on WebOS for two years or so. They have a platform that didn't take off.
  16. Gaidal's Avatar
    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    #36  
    So.... this is looking like basically a giant iPhone so far.
  17. #37  
    Its a giant iPhone lol. Wow, so sad. At least can have wallpaper now :P
  18. #38  
    Just announced, Apple's new women's hygiene product, the iPad
  19. #39  
    FAIL! lol its a giant iphone. Why would anyone want this? Cant believe the hype it caused though.
  20. Zyphlin's Avatar
    Posts
    564 Posts
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    #40  
    I was actually kind of excited about this but....meh thus far.

    Its a really big iPhone.

    Its no more portable than a netbook, but with a 9" screen and no physical keyboard.

    And its still using the same old iPhone interface which is looking aging on an iPhone and looks downright prehistoric on something that's supposed to be essentially a potential mobile replacement for a laptop.

    They better come out with some fancy features here in the next few minutes or this thing is just a giant LOL
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions