Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    On what basis?

Rob
    if apple were to copy the card system, there gotta be something there, no?

But I dont think apple will do that, the BGR said they are working on some "new tricks for background applications", which is far from a card metaphor.
    if it was anything like the way they implemented cut/paste or video with built in editing... you look at past implementations.... i am betting it will be decent

Quote Originally Posted by Pre2009 View Post
    even if it does a decent job at multi-tasking, all it really needs is a physical keyboard and ill be sold.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    To be honest, if Palm's focus is on competing with iPhone, they've already lost. They need to focus what's next. That's what they did in the beginning and it's what they need to get back to.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    To be honest, if Palm's focus is on competing with iPhone, they've already lost. They need to focus what's next. That's what they did in the beginning and it's what they need to get back to.
    That's so true, simply copying what's already offered is ineffective. Apple also has an entire ecosystem outside of the iPhone that Palm has to compete with. It's just too late at this point to try and play catch up with a Phone that has been out since 2007 and an ecosystem that was established at the beginning of the last decade.
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    On what basis?

Rob
    If they implement multitasking using the card interface. WebOS is not only about being able to multitask, it's the ease and simplicity in which it is done. Then again I'm curious to see how apple can implement and perfect this feature without infringing on Palm's intellectual property.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayix312 View Post
    The single reason why I won't even come close to owning an iphone until it's on a carrier that doesn't suck complete balls. If the 4g indeed goes to Verizon this year then maybe that will change but until then I know MANY MANY people who would buy an iphone if it wasn't on AT&T.
    Yea I had an iPhone for the past 2 years and some change. As soon as I heard about the Pre Plus I sold my 3GS and am now using my old iPhone 3G till it drops and I finally can say bye to bloody AT&T.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gladesmellzgood View Post
    Yea I had an iPhone for the past 2 years and some change. As soon as I heard about the Pre Plus I sold my 3GS and am now using my old iPhone 3G till it drops and I finally can say bye to bloody AT&T.
    Yeah, at&t is too expensive for the service they offer. This is why I would like to see the iPhone on Sprint.
    Irony...it's a bummer...

Do we all remember how they talked down about multi-tasking and have been pushing Push Notifications and how awesome it is versus multi-tasking...Palm did it well, and most likely Apple will come out with something flashy and claim they have invented it and brainwash the smug apple owners that Palm copied Apple.
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    Yeah, at&t is too expensive for the service they offer. This is why I would like to see the iPhone on Sprint.
    That is too true, I was going to switch to Sprint a couple of months back to get a Pre but I have had way too many bad experiences with them. I have never had Verizon but I have friends that do and they would never switch to anyone else. For the same price at AT&T i'll basically be getting way more coverage, less dropped calls, but no Simultaneous voice and data. It's a small price to pay
    Quote Originally Posted by beanis View Post
    i would still never sell my soul to apple. Even if their phone was 3ghz with a holographic projector. I would go back to winmo 6.5 first.
    amennn!!!!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by groovdafied View Post
    Irony...it's a bummer...

Do we all remember how they talked down about multi-tasking and have been pushing Push Notifications and how awesome it is versus multi-tasking...Palm did it well, and most likely Apple will come out with something flashy and claim they have invented it and brainwash the smug apple owners that Palm copied Apple.
    Who started the smartphone touchscreen revolution?
    the only way this matters to me is if the iphone is coming to Sprint. Jesus himself can come down, stand between the Iphone and the Pre and point to the iphone and I still wouldn't care! Lol
  13. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Are you sure ?
    People fretting about Apple copying cards aren't thinking this through. Cards are a derivative of the multi-page interface in Safari, and Palm has been more than happy to wholesale lift stuff like pinch to zoom or Apple's video editing interface.

That's just how it is in this industry.
    Good for Apple. Thats nice.

Palm does not have to do anything. They don't need to have a leg up on Apple. There is plenty of room in the smartphone market for multiple players.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    People fretting about Apple copying cards aren't thinking this through. Cards are a derivative of the multi-page interface in Safari, and Palm has been more than happy to wholesale lift stuff like pinch to zoom or Apple's video editing interface.

Your right, but Palm uses Apples IP because they are untouchable by Apple and they know it. Apple has infringed on more than a dozen of Palms patents and vice versa.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011

don't think so, I don't remember when you can flip iphone safari's tab page up to close it, nor is any of those tabs have live content.
    Quote Originally Posted by groovdafied View Post
    Irony...it's a bummer...

+10000

Remember, the iSlaves think that old Jobsey invented mp3 players AND the smartphone. I have no doubt the followers of the fruit will now say "multitasking is the best thing ever" when currently they saw "meh. Pre's multitasking is no big deal. I can run backgrounder and do that..."

I can picture his keynote something like my attached pic, the caption reading "Steve announced multitasking to gasps of shock at this new feature".
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    +10000

Remember, the iSlaves think that old Jobsey invented mp3 players AND the smartphone. I have no doubt the followers of the fruit will now say "multitasking is the best thing ever" when currently they saw "meh. Pre's multitasking is no big deal. I can run backgrounder and do that..."

I can picture his keynote something like my attached pic, the caption reading "Steve announced multitasking to gasps of shock at this new feature".
    Show me an mp3 player that performed as well as the iPod before 2001.

Show me a smartphone that performed as well as the iPhone before 2007.
  20. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts

Agree, but APPLE itself copied the whole tap an icon to invoke application from original PALM's patents.

Companies copy good features, but more than copying , it is the marketing that makes people believe that they "Invented it First".
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast