Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If I were able to go to Verizon, I'd get a Droid. I'm meeting with the manager at Sprint today, and while I'm hoping that I can get out of the Pre, I'd highly doubt they'd let me out of the 2 year contract; although I'd take it if they did.

I'm not getting the Pixie. One, I'm done with Palm hardware and their poor customer service. And two, why would I get a the same thing as a Pre, only with a smaller screen and inferior hardware?
    Because an iPhone is for everyone to see you belong. A Palm Pre sits nicely in your hand. A D-Roid is a very uncomfortable "activation"
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyp View Post
    Get an HTC for the build quality. Palm's hardware is a joke. If you get a Pre, make sure you have an easily accessible Sprint store, you'll get to know those guys on a first name basis.
    I had 2 HTC 6700s and loved them. Bought 2 Touch Pros on launch day. NOTHING but trouble. Broken physical keyboards as far as the eye can see. When the wife and I were looking for new phones, I narrowed it down to the Hero or the Pre. The wife vetoed anything HTC because she so hated the Touch Pro, and she's never vetoed me on anything hardware before ever.

I love HTC. I think they make killer handsets. But no one making hardware is really doing better than anyone else at this point.

On topic, we chose webOS over Android for the same reason others here have said. I love google and I love open source platforms, but the Android still feels half baked. In another iteration or 3, we'll look again. It's just not ready for power users yet, despite rom flashing and the like.

Just my .02.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    thats absurd.

you might be unlucky, but why exaggerating a personal bad experience to a universal level? every smartphone in the martket has hardware problems occasionally, if somebody want a guaranteed 100% perfect smartphone, he might well just forget about it.

I, for one, know nobody in sprint stores and Im on my first Pre I got on launch day.
    I've had 4 Pres and am switching to a Hero tomorrow. WebOS is amazing, but the hardware is utter ****.
    stand out from the rest
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12