Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I'm glad everyone started to help you out coco, and do stick with it from my playing with the Sprint version I think the phone is awesome and can't wait for the Pre Plus which I'm picking up. The ony thing I'm gonna miss is my apps from my iPhone an hopefully with the development being open now people will port there apps over.
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    Will you settle for USB Tethering and/or BT Tethering until the Verizon ROM is out?(January 25th)
    I sure could settle for USB...
    Quote Originally Posted by cocochannel View Post
    I sure could settle for USB...
    If you have Preware installed, go in Preware, List Everything search for freetether. install the FreetetherD first, then Freetether.

then search for Enable USB Passthrough patch and install it. Go to the new USB Passthrough icon in the launcher and enable USBnet. Then reboot.

Then look at Jack87's post here for Windows drivers for the your computer to be working with USB tethering.
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post2141546
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cocochannel View Post
    PS: you dont need to be mean and defensive.
    "unless you convince me otherwise" - that seemed a bit offensive dude.

I think the bar analogy someone else used was pretty accurate.

If you're going to use that attitude, I wouldn't expect any useful responses.

Perhaps 'do you guys think I should stick it out a bit longer? I'm kinda disappointed but don't want to miss anything great, is there anything I'm not taking into account?' would have been a bit nicer.
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    If you have Preware installed, go in Preware, List Everything search for freetether. install the FreetetherD first, then Freetether.

then search for Enable USB Passthrough patch and install it. Go to the new USB Passthrough icon in the launcher and enable USBnet. Then reboot.

Then look at Jack87's post here for Windows drivers for the your computer to be working with USB tethering.
    ]
    thanks but i cant find freetether in preware....
  6.    #46  
    this is not a thread about windows mobile so i dont get why the mods moved this in this section
    I wake up in cold sweats from dreams that I still use WinMo. I'll never forgive 6 and 6.5 for wasting so much of my time.

Surely if you used WinMo roms, you can figure out tethering on the Pre. I found getting it to work at least as easy as unlocking and flashing a WinMo phone. Difference being it took one time to get tethering working on the Pre, but the WinMo ROM flashing was never ending. I much prefer picking and choosing patches to the full on ROM flash-and-pray or using kitchens that would never quite get things right.

/ppcgeeksguytoo
    /mighty and juicy and speed and energy and nfsfan and Spb and rstg and on and on and on...
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by biggyfred View Post
    I wake up in cold sweats from dreams that I still use WinMo.
    hehe - i thought this was hilarious. i know what u mean man... i left at windows mobile 5. Very customisable, but... man... not good to use
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123