Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    one thing i don't get is why people think sprint is dying, sure they might be bleeding out customers but the reason they don't give a HUGE rats behind about it is they still have their government contracts that aren't going to go anytime soon. about the iphone going cdma it might be possible especially since there are talks about KT getting a wimax iphone. KT is a korean cellphone company that is using wibro(wimax). just some my own rambling though so who knows. ^_^

hmm i was going to post a link but i just realized my account was resetted for some reason. weird. i guess i got to start over

www(dot)dailywireless(dot)org/2010/01/12/wimax-iphone-coming-to-korea/
    Quote Originally Posted by VietPlaya View Post
    www(dot)dailywireless(dot)org/2010/01/12/wimax-iphone-coming-to-korea/
    just 4 u:
    dailywireless.org WiMAX iPhone: Coming to Korea?
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    thanks sudoer ^_^
    hmm didn't know that about a WiMax Phone coming to Korea, good read.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Why I think this might happen.

1. Rumor: Sprint Working with Walmart on WiMax Build Out | AndroidGuys
    2. Apple makes a lot of money from AT&T and the price of the phone, but they also make a ridiculous amount of money from.... say it with me now... apps and itunes. Think of what a 4G network would bring to their media sales. TV shows, movies, magazines, etc. I think Apple is going to have to start with the price war now that AT&T has pooped the bed and android coming fast.
    3. Apple does not want another AT&T network debacle. Their next move is going to sell a lot of phones on a strong, fast network. Even though Verizon is really good now, Apple is the company that looks 3-5 years ahead. Unless Verizon does something crazy with their network, its going to stay about the same for the next 2 years.

Why I think it will not happen.
    1. Apple is all about doing it right and once. So their big problem is LTE and WiMax. Which one do they choose. With the world moving towards LTE that would make a good business case, but what do you do with the countries that went with WiMax? Shoot, WiMax should give Apple so much money to make their 4G (network) phone WiMax and that would set the standard. I could see the shift then. But, as of now, I don't see Apple making two phones.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sudoer View Post
    Remember this could be 4th generation, not 4G WiMax. I could see the discussion involving "4G" and someone that heard it ran with it. It would be great if it was WiMax, because i think it would make the Sprint / Walmart rumor more real.
    Last edited by cashen; 01/18/2010 at 08:39 AM.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    I know this is 3 posts in a row but I think its worth it.

I had to call Sprint today for a Airave billing issue, they charged us $18 for an activation fee. They quickly removed the fee. They have been great every time we have any issue.

So, I was chatting with the lady and asked if she heard any good rumors with sprint. She said the whole company is "buzzing" about the next G iPhone. She said she has spoken with multiple people and all have confirmed the rumor. As always, YMMV.
    I don't get why you people keep thinking 4g network...4g means 4th generations see like 2g iphone or 3g iphone it just the next generation of iphone
  9. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VietPlaya View Post
    one thing i don't get is why people think sprint is dying, sure they might be bleeding out customers but the reason they don't give a HUGE rats behind about it is they still have their government contracts that aren't going to go anytime soon.
    More than the government contracts, Sprint has serious money coming in every month , their cash flow is just fine. The issue is with profit.
    They either add new customers or cut the cost ( layoff employees and other cost cuttings) to make some profit.

My .02, they reached a point where their cost cuttings are done down to the bone and they actually started adding few (very few) customers after the Pre. Though overall they are bleeding, but bleeding slow to the point that it might stop.

Talking about them getting bankrupt is nonsense.
    They have nowhere to go but UP.

iPhone will recharge them.
    From APPLE's point , they are the only carrier out there with a sizable market that can bend over for their every demands.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    If there was no iPhone, there would be no Pre...
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    I know this is 3 posts in a row but I think its worth it.

I had to call Sprint today for a Airave billing issue, they charged us $18 for an activation fee. They quickly removed the fee. They have been great every time we have any issue.

So, I was chatting with the lady and asked if she heard any good rumors with sprint. She said the whole company is "buzzing" about the next G iPhone. She said she has spoken with multiple people and all have confirmed the rumor. As always, YMMV.
    Ya I have also spoken with sprint recently and they and I asked out of curiosity about the iphone and lady said that there is not date set yet but it will be reveald soon and that it is coming to sprint. Also Maybe apple will announce something on January 27th as its just been confirmed that they are doing a show then.

It's on: Apple holding January 27th event to show off its 'latest creation' -- Engadget
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Great for Sprint. The Only way I switch to an iPhone, that is if it's running WebOS. So I'll switch whennever that happens. That's the Only reason I am putting up with the Pre sub par built quality, WebOS.

Every other Phone without WebOS seem so primitive.
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    Why I think it will not happen.
    1. Apple is all about doing it right and once. So their big problem is LTE and WiMax. Which one do they choose. With the world moving towards LTE that would make a good business case, but what do you do with the countries that went with WiMax? Shoot, WiMax should give Apple so much money to make their 4G (network) phone WiMax and that would set the standard. I could see the shift then. But, as of now, I don't see Apple making two phones.
    Well, to kind of pose an arguement to your point on why they might not get it. Multi-mode WiMax/LTE chipsets were said to be released in 2009, so it isn't a large issue really.

As much as I love the Pre, if the iPhone 4g came to Sprint I would buy it in a heart beat, and I know this is also the case with my brother who owns a Pre. I'd still keep my Pre and if Palm really steps it up on the Pre2 I'd get that also, but I would def. buy the new iPhone if it came to Sprint. I've always wanted one and I've always hated AT&T... hence why I never got one. I really do love WebOS, but it would be nice to have a phone with superior build quality while I wait for a new Pre which delivers that.
    If this "Iphone to sprint" rumor has any truth to it at all, I'm going to bet that it has nothing to do with the Phone at all, but with providing data for this new tablet. Sprint already provides data to the Kindle, and with Apple already taxing the crap out of AT&T's service, Sprint would seem to be a very good match. Also I don't see Apple releasing the 4g on the same day as the tablet, just would be too much Steve Jobs epicness for one conference to handle.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    although i would love to see this conference talk about the iphone going to sprint i would have to agree with freeridstylee, in that more then likely it'll be in regards to the tablet. however, if steve jobs does announce the iphone then more power to him.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by digink View Post
    Well, to kind of pose an arguement to your point on why they might not get it. Multi-mode WiMax/LTE chipsets were said to be released in 2009, so it isn't a large issue really.
    Do you know who was making it? I searched and could only find this, Multi-mode WiMAX/LTE chips to hit markets in 2009, and its from over a year ago and just says that it would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by freeridstylee View Post
    If this "Iphone to sprint" rumor has any truth to it at all, I'm going to bet that it has nothing to do with the Phone at all, but with providing data for this new tablet. Sprint already provides data to the Kindle, and with Apple already taxing the crap out of AT&T's service, Sprint would seem to be a very good match. Also I don't see Apple releasing the 4g on the same day as the tablet, just would be too much Steve Jobs epicness for one conference to handle.
    I was also thinking a tablet. That would be really cool. It would be even cooler if it was running webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by freeridstylee View Post
    If this "Iphone to sprint" rumor has any truth to it at all, ...
    Let's not promote this to the level of "rumor"! So far,all of this is at most "speculative theory" on the part of "well wishers". It's nice to dream but with absolutely no credible evidence backing up these theories, they are little more than "dreams" at the current point.

Sorry if I get repetitive about this, but I just don't want noobs to be misled to early and possibly false conclusions.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    eh. i have fun with these rumors. ^_^
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Well it could be very possible that Apple could be making a phone for both networks and releasing the phone to all carriers much like palm is doing now with the pre and pixi. Think about it they start with the iphone exclusive to at&t and it is very popular there is a demand for the phone but not so much for the network so you boost sales of the phone by making it available to all carriers.

I remember hearing about verizon getting the next iphone after the deal with at&t runs out so maybe they're both right and there will be an iphone for all.

Me personally, I'm not to big on the iphone too many limitations for me but I'd like to see the boost sprint would get from offering this phone.
    in my opinion Sprint is the best network in the US. I would pick up the iphone but I tend to get bored of any device so in a few months I would be getting something new anyway. Just like I'm getting bored of my pre. Well I gues I'm not bored of my pre just sick of the poor built quality.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567