Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bronx889 View Post
    I hope it does happen but we all need to do a better job of getting facts straight.
    why start now?
    The iPhone would being on Sprint would be beyond Sprint's wildest dreams, but its probably not going to happen...

Sprint's low prices seem to work against them when considering the iPhone being on their network. Apple knows that iPhone users pay a premium for their device on AT&T, and my thought is, if Sprint were to have the iPhone, Sprint would have to charge customers a decent amount more per month for having an iPhone...
    Sure, plenty of Sprint customers would jump at this in a heartbeat, but Sprint is now being known for its very low prices, so naturally many of those looking to save wouldn't bite...
    On the other side of the spectrum, Verizon customers are already used to paying higher monthly service fees, so it really only makes sense that these are tthe customers to target for an Apple product...

On top of this Verizon has nearly 90M subscribers and Sprint has just over 47M...

This of course is all just pure speculation of course... But to me it just doesn't make sense for Apple to make the iPhone available to Sprint, at least without making it available to Verizon first...
    My son was in a Sprint store in Boise today and was told that Sprint will have the IPhone 4G next month. Don't confuse this with 4G network it is simple the 4th generation of the Iphone...but yes, it seems to be coming to Sprint.

Am I gonna' run out and get one? NO....I love my Pre thanks to Rod & Jason & all the dev's that have added about 70 patches to my phone!
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    "blowing smoke" If they weren't Apple sure has been... wait til u get an iPhone.
    by the way I own 3 Macs that I love but the iphone... is a different story.
    +1

I have 5 macs, 1 appleTV, 3 apple airports, 1 iTouch, 3 iPods, shared between two adults and a six year old, and yes my iPhone 3GS just sucks (the 3G was worse), and God I have tried to like it, cause it works so well within the apple universe.
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    My son was in a Sprint store in Boise today and was told that Sprint will have the IPhone 4G next month. Don't confuse this with 4G network it is simple the 4th generation of the Iphone...but yes, it seems to be coming to Sprint.
    Yeah, but did he take pictures, and video? Do you have a something photoshopped to prove it??
    I love all of the uniformed speculation and hearsay in this thread.

Honestly though, who really cares? I chose the Pre over the iPhone once already. The network had nothing to do with it.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    I would love to see apple introduce easy multitasking and then just ship the iPhone off to every network... That would kill palm and winmo.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanLipson View Post
    I would love to see apple introduce easy multitasking and then just ship the iPhone off to every network... That would kill palm and winmo.
    Easier said than done.
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Weren't one of the exec's of Apple on record a few months ago saying they had no plans to move to CDMA due to the higher price of developing two separate devices or something?

I mean who knows what is really in the wood works but I rather not speculate over something completely unsubstantiated... It's like believing the apocalyptic 2012 bozo's.
    Absolutely false. Why do you think AT&T is bringing WebOS devices onto their network? Are you saying that superior multitasking is the only differentiator between Apple and Palm at this point? Because if so, you're crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Yeah, but did he take pictures, and video? Do you have a something photoshopped to prove it??
    Always the pessimist!
    Wow...talk about "getting it all wrong" Dan *specifically* said

"...if you have an iPod with Skype, you can use it to make phone calls.. *Sorry Steve*"

Not even CLOSE to being anything 'jesusPhone' related.
  13. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by R.O.C. View Post
    On the other side of the spectrum, Verizon customers are already used to paying higher monthly service fees, so it really only makes sense that these are tthe customers to target for an Apple product...
    You might be right on the expensive verizon plans, but APPLE might not get a profit sharing from Verizon. Apple enjoyed their cut in from the 24 month ATT contracts. If anyone who can dance to the tune of Steve it is Dan Hesse.

Simply because he needs to show wallstreet that SPRINT is finally adding customers rather than bleeding ( or slow bleeding or reduced bleeding).
    The only way it can happen is with the iPhone. The phone would sure get a couple of million new customers ( there are plenty disgruntled ATT folks out there).

Besides APPLE probably is reaching end of life cycle in ATT.
    They need to spread the love to other carriers.
    I believe there is a chance of this happening, but with no solid proof , this will end up as another rumor.

If I hear that APPLE is ordering CDMA chips from Qualcom , then sure , I am buying SPRINT stock.
    I have had a Pre from launch day and could sing its praises and lament its shortcomings all day long...as well as many of you could.

Before I re-upped my contract with Sprint (been with them for 8 years and been a cellular customer since 1986) I seriously considered an iPhone and moving to AT&T.

Bottom line, if you can avoid fan-boy emotional attachments to any device and just compare features, usability and plan pricing...it is really hard to beat a Pre on Sprint.

The Pre has a real keyboard.
    The Pre has an end user replaceable battery.
    The Everything Plan at Sprint beats AT&T in pure price.

The Pre NEEDS GPU drivers!!! I can not say this enough.
    The Pre NEEDS Visual Voicemail!!! Had it in my old device and miss it dearly.
    The Pre NEEDS full flash support!!! Wait...that is coming soon.

I, as well as others, could go on and on and on but the Pre has come a long way and if Palm can keep the updates rolling, keep the app store growing and release updated hardware in the future then they just might have a winner on their hands.

Kudos to the Palm/Pre/Pixi community...don't stop doing your magic.

If I walked in to a Sprint store right now and they had both the Pre and the iPhone, I would still pick the Pre.

KippLitz
  15. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kipplitz View Post
    Bottom line, if you can avoid fan-boy emotional attachments to any device and just compare features, usability and plan pricing...it is really hard to beat a Pre on Sprint.

If I walked in to a Sprint store right now and they had both the Pre and the iPhone, I would still pick the Pre.

KippLitz
    oh well you (we) are minority.
    Most folks would pick the iPhone.
    Yeah, nothing like killing off competition to help out the consumer, huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Yeah, nothing like killing off competition to help out the consumer, huh?
    monopolies ftw!

DOWN WITH CAPITALISM!!!
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    without capitalism we would still be using the abacus.
    thanks for joining the party, Captain Obvious.
    What makes you think that Sprint would have to raise its prices because of a theoretically flood of new subscribers do the Sprint carrying an iPhone?

There are tons of phones in Sprints current line up that use a lot of data, even the feautre phones use a good bit of it. All the blackberry, Android, and webOS users currently use a lot of data services. Don't forget, Sprint had 3G before AT&T. AT&T had to hurry up and get their **** in gear just to be able to let the iPhone 3G do it's thing on 3G!

If Sprint can operate while still losing customers, I am sure they can hang in there with a few million more users due to new iPhone subscribers.

Guess we won't know how well their network can hold up if the iPhone really were to come to Sprint. They want to be competitive and their low prices and great plans are what's still keeping them in business. Only if they run completely out of capacity due to the new iPhone subscriptions which would demand a huge expenditure to up network capacity, would they have to consider raising their prices.

Well....that's at least my opinion....and we all know about opinions.....lol
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast