Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I would be utterly shocked if Apple would announce a new iPhone on a different carrier so soon. It would be bad enough on current sales to announce a new iPhone by itself; announcing it on a new (and arguably better) carrier would slow iPhone sales to a crawl. Apple stockholders wouldn't like that very much, I don't think.
    I would disagree with the sales part.
    There are enough current SPRINT customers ( at least a million ) that are ready to buy the iPhone.

I think it makes lots of sense with ATT network degrading everyday.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    I doubt it will happen. However, since we're all dreaming here, can Sprint get the HD2 as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    I doubt it will happen. However, since we're all dreaming here, can Sprint get the HD2 as well?
    Done! I penciled it in.
    Are people missing the point that Dan Hesse himself was talking about using an Iphone with the Sprint Overdrive. Cmon people, you don't use another carriers flagship phone as an example. You just don't. You advertise your OWN product. Business 101. Is Dan trying to sell Iphones for At&t? don't think so. Again, just saying.
    i may be tempted to buy a iphone if it has a pshyical keyboard untill then, i wake up everyday hoping that pictures of the Palm C40 has been leaked..
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    I would disagree with the sales part.
    There are enough current SPRINT customers ( at least a million ) that are ready to buy the iPhone.

I think it makes lots of sense with ATT network degrading everyday.
    I'm saying, if they announced a new version on Sprint now for release June 29, then they'd destroy sales between now and then. They might very well do a deal with Sprint, but the announcement will come within a few weeks of release.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by dingwall1 View Post
    Are people missing the point that Dan Hesse himself was talking about using an Iphone with the Sprint Overdrive. Cmon people, you don't use another carriers flagship phone as an example. You just don't. You advertise your OWN product. Business 101. Is Dan trying to sell Iphones for At&t? don't think so. Again, just saying.
    Well, I'm not entirely sure about that. Sprint wants to sell data services, and what better way than to connect (via wifi, of course) all of those iPhones out there to Sprint's superior (i.e., more ubiquitous and reliable) 3G?

That's what I'd call poking a stick in AT&T's eye.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Why are you guys even still talking about this? Its not happening this year. You're not going to see a 4G phone any time soon. Stop dreaming about something that isn't going to happen in the next 12 months.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    Why are you guys even still talking about this? Its not happening this year. You're not going to see a 4G phone any time soon. Stop dreaming about something that isn't going to happen in the next 12 months.
    Why???
    My HTC Evo Is Great...
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    Sprint has a real network and could handle an iPhone as well as Verizon.

ROFLMAO!!!!!

Some of the posts in this thread are Quote worthy!!! LOL
    iPhone 4(sold) : Palm Pre(sold) : HTC EVO 3D: Nokia E71-2: BB Bold (work)

Other Toys: '07 M5 : '08 LS7
    what does that have to do with the 4th generation iPhone?
    Quote Originally Posted by M5Rahul View Post
    ROFLMAO!!!!!

Some of the posts in this thread are Quote worthy!!! LOL
    they sure are!!!

lolololololsarcasm!
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Why, because someone said that there wouldn't be a 4G capable phone this year?

Do you believe everything you hear?
    Ex: Sony "There will be no price cut on the PS3 anytime soon."
    Three days later... Sony "We're cutting the price on the PS3."

Also, just because there may not be a 4G capable phone this year, doesn't mean there won't be a 4th Generation iPhone this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcurrens View Post
    Why, because someone said that there wouldn't be a 4G capable phone this year?
    Clear said there wouldn't be any 4G capable phones this year, but then again a 4G HTC showed up on Sprint's leaked phone roadmap, so who knows.

Also, just because there may not be a 4G capable phone this year, doesn't mean there won't be a 4th Generation iPhone this year.
    EXACTLY! good luck with this point though. people just don't get it. they think that when someone says 4G iPhone they're automatically talking about the 4G network.
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    Clear said there wouldn't be any 4G capable phones this year
    And I spoke directly with a high-level exec with a 4G company that I won't mention by name (though they have been mentioned in this thread) that directly disputes that.
    but then again a 4G HTC showed up on Sprint's leaked phone roadmap, so who knows.
    Yep
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    And I spoke directly with a high-level exec with a 4G company that I won't mention by name (though they have been mentioned in this thread) that directly disputes that.

Yep
    lines.

ive read between them.

EXACTLY! good luck with this point though. people just don't get it. they think that when someone says 4G iPhone they're automatically talking about the 4G network.
    To help some folks along, "g" is a very generic term, sort of like "new and improved" or "supersized". It simply means generation, nor next generation.

Not only can a 4g iPhone be on a 3g cell network, a 1g Pre (which is what we all have) can run on a 3g network (Sprint and soon to be Verizon) and compete with a 3g iPhone that doesn't run on either 3g network.

Confused?
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Confused?
    no, because i try my best to not hear what i want to hear.
    Clear said there wouldn't be any 4G capable phones this year, but then again a 4G HTC showed up on Sprint's leaked phone roadmap, so who knows.
    Yes I SWEAR I read something on a tech site where Sprint stated they expected to have a 4g phone during Q1 or Q2. Trust me....with LTE starting to roll out mid-year, Sprint won't be dumb enough to not capitalize on a huge advantage they have now over the competition and bring a 4g phone by then. Q1 or Q2 seems extremely likely for a 4g phone imo. Let's pray its the Pre 2. Although im not holding my breath.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dingwall1 View Post

I watched the Sprint Overdrive presentation at CES on youtube and Dan Hesse never said iPhone. He said, "iPod Touch."

(link below. Hesse uses the "iPod Touch" as an example at the 6:11 mark in the video.)

I hope it does happen but we all need to do a better job of getting facts straight.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast