Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 140
  1. ssrjazz's Avatar
    Posts
    786 Posts
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    not going to happen, the iphone is exclusive to att till June 29th 2010
    Announcement != Availability

    Apple/Sprint could still announce that it's coming in July.

    I thought Verizon was supposed to be getting it before sprint tho.
  2. #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcnamara43 View Post
    I'm In for The IPhone on Sprint, I for one would be first in line to add it to one of my lines. And all of you saying you wouldn't??? HAHAHAHAHHAHAa You Make Me Laugh.
    Ya I agree, people tend to say things just because they want to satisfy what they have is good enough and the Pre is a great product with many flaws. While the iphone is a greater product due to being out for 3 years and having less flaws, and because Apple is a Bigger size company they can afford to build a quality product that doesn't feel cheap which is the main reason why I would be the first in line. thats ofcourse if Palm doesn't outdue themselves on the Pre 2.
  3. #63  
    I highly doubt any of this. Also, for one, hope it doesn't happen. I don't need all those Iphones munching up my EVDO.
  4. #64  
    I wouldn't hold my breath. The only way I can see Sprint getting it is if Apple opens it up to everyone. If Apple decides to keep it a carrier exclusive I would look at them staying with AT&T or moving to T-Mobile. I would say with the events in the last few months VZW isn't on Steve Jobs Christmas card list. Considering VZW wouldn't cave to them the first time I wouldn't expect it to happen now either. Besides all that Clear has already said there wouldn't be a WiMax phone this year. So far the only somewhat credible roomer is an HTC candy bar style phone at the very end of the year. I would be beyond shocked if they got it. That said, if they did I would likely get one just to try it out. The gadget geek in me just couldn't resist.
  5. #65  
    After everyone saying the NFS video was fake, I'm going to assume this is true.
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by ho0lee0h View Post
    After everyone saying the NFS video was fake, I'm going to assume this is true.
    Haha, well there was a video of NFS but there is no video of a sprint iphone. Good luck.
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcnamara43 View Post
    I'm In for The IPhone on Sprint, I for one would be first in line to add it to one of my lines. And all of you saying you wouldn't??? HAHAHAHAHHAHAa You Make Me Laugh.
    If it were just a CDMA version of the 3GS? No, I probably wouldn't get it. If it were truly the 4th Gen iPhone however, I agree, I'd be right there in line with you.
  8. #68  
    I only have my love of my iPod Touch to go by here, but if it really is the same, sure, I'd get one. It still wouldn't stop me from getting a Pre, though, just as soon as the hardware gets an update. Love the multi-tasking, love the ease of use, don't love the hardware problems everyone has had. :/
  9. hubz1124's Avatar
    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    #69  
    with big red going full force behind android, sprint getting the iphone would make sense and I expect verizon to have a marketing blitz behind the nexus one in the coming months
  10. Honis's Avatar
    Posts
    508 Posts
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    #70  
    It would be a huge advantage for the Apple to announce earlier than normal that they are releaseing an iPhone on a different network. It would seriously slow sales of competitors phones because just that many people love the iPhone (or think they do) and would be willing to hold out a few months waiting for it.

    If they do announce I would expect it at the Apple conference, not in February though.
  11. gbp
    gbp is offline
    gbp's Avatar
    Posts
    2,506 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    This.
    Sprint does screw things up more often than other carriers.
    More than AT&T ?
  12. gbp
    gbp is offline
    gbp's Avatar
    Posts
    2,506 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Voice of Reason View Post
    It would make sense in a way for Apple to have went to Sprint first. Sprint was in a vulnerable position at the time, and a phone that would pull that much attention to your network and boost sales as much as it has for AT&T would have been mightily tempting. Plus, since Apple would have the built in leverage to make Sprint hand over enough control for Steve Jobs' liking, it makes a lot of sense.

    I really would like to find proof that Verizon and/or Sprint were offered the iPhone first.
    Exactly.
    Your point makes sense.
    Steve Jobs can sell more phones.
    Steve get the control he wants.
    Steve can demand bigger profit margin on the whole deal.
    Sprint can get millions of unhappy customers back from ATT.
    SPRINT will be the cool network with solid 3G speeds.
  13. #73  
    I don't get it?? You're waiting on an iphone to come to Sprint (which is most likely NOT going to happen)?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  14. gbp
    gbp is offline
    gbp's Avatar
    Posts
    2,506 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    I don't get it?? You're waiting on an iphone to come to Sprint (which is most likely NOT going to happen)?
    Yes,
    Anything can happen in business.
    If its true, APPLE gets full marks for playing their secretive announcement game.
  15. LNWJ's Avatar
    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    #75  
    While truly cool news if true, I believe a person obtains a higher level of cool factor by passing on the iPhone if available on their carrier and choosing another device, then actually owning an iPhone.
  16. #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Voice of Reason View Post
    It would make sense in a way for Apple to have went to Sprint first. Sprint was in a vulnerable position at the time, and a phone that would pull that much attention to your network and boost sales as much as it has for AT&T would have been mightily tempting. Plus, since Apple would have the built in leverage to make Sprint hand over enough control for Steve Jobs' liking, it makes a lot of sense.

    I really would like to find proof that Verizon and/or Sprint were offered the iPhone first.
    But Forsee told me so. Well, not personally. I think they didn't think they could afford Apple's terms. Proof? I wonder if that exists anywhere.. Apple probably has some big NDAs.
  17. #77  
    My friend at the sprint store told me this when I got my pre back in november:
    "Yea the I phone is about to become unlocked this summer."
    me: "unlocked?"
    "Yea unlocked. Their contract is about to be over with ATT and they are coming to all providers."

    I didn't care I was walking out with my new pre.

    I don't know what it is about apple, I just hate giving them money.
  18. #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgrim800 View Post
    My friend at the sprint store told me this when I got my pre back in november:
    "Yea the I phone is about to become unlocked this summer."
    me: "unlocked?"
    "Yea unlocked. Their contract is about to be over with ATT and they are coming to all providers."

    I didn't care I was walking out with my new pre.

    I don't know what it is about apple, I just hate giving them money.
    I take it your friend works at sprint, but still how would any Sprint Rep know, if this is the case Apple is keeping it secreet until they announce it.
  19. #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    I take it your friend works at sprint, but still how would any Sprint Rep know, if this is the case Apple is keeping it secreet until they announce it.
    Is that not like saying how would EA know what palm was enabling with update 1.3.5 in regards to 3d games on the pre. Yea apple may be keeping it a secret to the open public but who is to say they arnt talking to the companies they are about to be doing major business with.
  20. #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by ssrjazz View Post
    Announcement != Availability

    Apple/Sprint could still announce that it's coming in July.

    I thought Verizon was supposed to be getting it before sprint tho.
    I would be utterly shocked if Apple would announce a new iPhone on a different carrier so soon. It would be bad enough on current sales to announce a new iPhone by itself; announcing it on a new (and arguably better) carrier would slow iPhone sales to a crawl. Apple stockholders wouldn't like that very much, I don't think.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions