Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    Sprint has a real network and could handle an iPhone as well as Verizon.
    but i dont think sprint has ever had to deal with iphone-like demand it just makes me question their readiness if this rumor turns out to be true
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    but i dont think sprint has ever had to deal with iphone-like demand it just makes me question their readiness if this rumor turns out to be true
    You might have a point here. I do believe they've learned how to streamline their CS and their launches (for instance, ReadyNow with the Pre on launch day). They'd need to hire (or find within the company) some iPhone nuts to train the rest of their crew in advance. The iphone itself seems intuitive enough that I don't think they would be overloaded.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by bonfilio View Post

The next iphone is 4G, which is Sprint.
    people say this all the time now.....

the 4G iPhone just means the FOURTH GENERATION of the iPhone.

it has NOTHING to do with networks.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    iPhone, just a phone.
    iPhone 3g, same phone, 3g version (Gen 2)
    iPhone 3gs, newer phone, 3g version (Gen 3)

iPhone 4 is NOT the same as iPhone 4g would mean...
    this WOULD be interesting. Curious, did anyone besides me watch the CES Sprint event, when Hesse was on stage talking about the overdrive?...well, he DID say, "you can be gaming on your 360, surfing the web, and downloading music on your iphone all at the same time, sorry steve"......he was referring to Ballmer off stage....why would the CEO of sprint intentionally use another carriers flagship phone as an example with a new sprint branded 4G product. Especially when you are rising the tails of the Pre........just saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Queueyou View Post
    iPhone, just a phone.
    iPhone 3g, same phone, 3g version (Gen 2)
    iPhone 3gs, newer phone, 3g version (Gen 3)

iPhone 4 is NOT the same as iPhone 4g would mean...
    if youre replying to me, youre wrong.
    Personally I don't see Apple going to a perceived bargain-basement network like Sprint or T-Mobile. They value their brand too much to associate themselves with less-respected brands.

*This is just a theory. I would love to be wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by dallashigh View Post
    Personally I don't see Apple going to a perceived bargain-basement network like Sprint or T-Mobile. They value their brand too much to associate themselves with less-respected brands.

*This is just a theory. I would love to be wrong.

really? Because if memory serves me correctly they were not remotely interested in att but verizon turned them down so the redesigned it for att.

also the exclusivity contract is for the iphone, not apple products, so if apple released a new device correct me if I'm wrong but the new device would not be included in such agreement
    Palm prē-ist.
    someone else posted this on the mac forums:

iPhone coming to Sprint?? - Mac Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    someone else posted this on the mac forums:

iPhone coming to Sprint?? - Mac Forums
    and he got ridiculed.
    While I would never own one I would love to see the iPhone come to Sprint because I love their service and prices and want to see them succeed. Just hope it doesn't interfere with Sprints relationship with Palm.
    Well, Apple did come to Sprint with the first iphone, at least, that's how the story is told..
    Quote Originally Posted by dallashigh View Post
    This.

I really like Sprint. They were my first wireless carrier, and I worked for them for four years. I (obviously) am still a customer today. But like it or not, Sprint's perception in the marketplace, while improving, is still light years worse than Verizon's. And Apple is so obsessed with maintaining and polishing the "it just works" user experience, I think they'd be worried that Sprint, given its track record, would somehow screw up the iPhone experience (be it due to network, Care, or Retail problems).

And you'd be hard pressed to say Apple was wrong to think that. Sprint does screw things up more often than other carriers. If the iPhone lands on Sprint before Verizon, I'll be exceedingly surprised. I'll be happy for Sprint (always love to root for the underdog), but I'll be stunned.

All that aside, you couldn't pry my Pre from my hands if you offered me ten iPhones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Well, Apple did come to Sprint with the first iphone, at least, that's how the story is told..

I was gonna say that this is how I remember the story of the first iPhone landing on AT&T, that Sprint had passed on it (IIRC due to the Moto ROKR not catching on) and Apple went to AT&T as their second choice. The Sprint CEO before Dan Hesse was let go of indirectly because of this.

Then again, all of this could be rumors that have run together in my head. I was going to piece together a story about how things might be different if Sprint had originally landed the iPhone and couldn't even find tech rumor blogs to support that ever happening to begin with.
    ^ I've heard the Apple-went-to-Verizon-first-and-walked-out-because-Big-Red-wouldn't-give-them-enough-control story, but I've never heard even a single rumor that the same happened with Sprint.

Furthermore, I find it extremely hard to believe that Apple took a look at 2007-era Sprint, still reeling from the botched Nextel acquisition and suffering from a huge identity crisis, and said, "Sprint! Those are the guys for us!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Yep, I heard that story from my Sprint rep as well. Apple went to Sprint first and they turned it down.
    Why can't the mobile device manufactures get that most want a touch screen and a front face QWERTY?
    Okay here's my issues with this rumor. It's all speculation on my part, but still.

1. I just don't see Apple making multiple versions of the new iPhone... aka they wouldn't spend the effort on a CDMA version and a GSM version. It's just very un-Apple.

2. For that reason, I don't see them making a cross-platform iPhone until they have an LTE one, since 3 of the 4 major carriers are moving to it. That probably won't be this year, but the next year. Sprint isn't currently planning an LTE deployment, so they wouldn't be included in this anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    ^ I've heard the Apple-went-to-Verizon-first-and-walked-out-because-Big-Red-wouldn't-give-them-enough-control story, but I've never heard even a single rumor that the same happened with Sprint.

Furthermore, I find it extremely hard to believe that Apple took a look at 2007-era Sprint, still reeling from the botched Nextel acquisition and suffering from a huge identity crisis, and said, "Sprint! Those are the guys for us!"
    It would make sense in a way for Apple to have went to Sprint first. Sprint was in a vulnerable position at the time, and a phone that would pull that much attention to your network and boost sales as much as it has for AT&T would have been mightily tempting. Plus, since Apple would have the built in leverage to make Sprint hand over enough control for Steve Jobs' liking, it makes a lot of sense.

I really would like to find proof that Verizon and/or Sprint were offered the iPhone first.
    Exclusive in it's current form. Who's to say there is a redesigned iPhone in developement??

Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    not going to happen, the iphone is exclusive to att till June 29th 2010
    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    I am seriously amazed by the number of meh responses in this thread. Thank you to everyone for making my day.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast