1.    #1  
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...bosnation0e-20

For those of us who don't happen to live in San Francisco. It's $499. I'm saving up now and maybe I'll have enough money by Christmas...(Unless I start Zaurus Central and get them to send me a review unit )
  2.    #2  
    Forgot to mention they're also selling a Digital Camera compact flash card and they're also selling a serial cable, batteries, and chargers.
    Wow! I'm surprised and impressed to find it at Amazon -- I guess I hadn't figured that the Zaurus had become "mainstream" this quickly. (Or at least "Amazon mainstream".) Fry's, yes; Amazon, I thought in maybe a year.

Good show!
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
    Originally posted by bookrats
    Wow! I'm surprised and impressed to find it at Amazon -- I guess I hadn't figured that the Zaurus had become "mainstream" this quickly. (Or at least "Amazon mainstream".) Fry's, yes; Amazon, I thought in maybe a year.

Good show!
    Amazon isn't just taking pre-orders, they're actually shipping!

The SL-5500 will also be showing up on the shelves of BestBuy, Cirucuit City, and other major brick-and-mortar PDA retailers within weeks (Sharp has already shipped product to those chains). There's even a rumor that you'll be able to find the SL-5500 at your local Radio Shack Sharp does *not* see the Zaurus as a fringe PDA for Linux geeks. They're pushing hard to make the Zaurus "mainstream".

It's also worth mentioning that Sharp's consumer website for the Zaurus is now online.
    <ul><li>Dave Kessler<br>President - Kopsis, Inc.</li></ul>
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the info. On a more positive note ZaurusCentral.com is not registered...Anyone know of any good webhosts that have good prices?
    I received my Zaurus 5500 this morning from Mobile Planet. Initial impression is that it's longer and thinner than my Prism. I've only played with it a little today, since I'm supposed to be working. But so far it seems great, lots more built-in apps than the Visor.
  7.    #7  
    Give Me! Sharp I deserve a Zaurus! I want $500! Darn it!