Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    I have a friend who hates his aging iPhone now. He's close to buying a Pixi from Sprint, but I think the lack of a GPU is going to make him wait...

...but wait for WHAT? What is in the pipelines that he could possibly have interest in?

* He likes hardware keyboards, but doesn't mind a good software one
    * He likes the SenseUI a lot
    * He likes the webOS a lot
    * He basically just wants to occasionally look something up on the internet (like using Yelp or something)
    * He's a cheapskate, so he doesn't want to pay a lot for a phone that isn't going to be perfect for him, and he doesn't want to pay more than $75/mo for service.
    * BlackBerrys aren't exciting at all
    * G1 keyboard sucks (both physical and virtual)
    * Eris would be perfect, but it's on Verizon$ network
    * Sprint Hero is good, but no prox sensor and he likes the Eris' soft buttons and teflon coating
    * Droid is too unweildy and it's on Verizon$ network
    * Nexus One has too many issues
    * Pre is too "plasticky" - build quality concerns (justified, since I am on my third Pre...)
    * T-Mobile and Verizon are too expensive

Maybe wait for the iPhone 4G announcement? Maybe Palm's rumored new stuff in June? Is Nokia ever coming back to the states? Is he just impossible?
    Last edited by etnpnys; 01/13/2010 at 12:31 PM.
    .....................Pre?
    Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    .....................Pre?
    lol - The obvious choice that I left out. I have just updated my original post! My bad!
    Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    And my bad again - he just informed me that AT&T is viable with a plan that he can get for about $75/mo - it's actually T-Mobile's new plans that are too expensive. So really, Sprint and AT&T are the only two that are cost effective for him.
    Tell him to get a Sprint Treo 755P from Ebay and wait 2 years for his perfect smartphone to be designed for him.
    how is Tmobile too/more expensive?
    Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    how is Tmobile too/more expensive?
    Something about when you buy a subsidized phone, your cost is $99/mo with data. if you were to bring your own phone, you can get the $79/mo plan.