Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Have you folks read the articles today about the rumored iPhone 4G? Supposedly it's going to T-Mobile. Supposedly, it's 4G. Supposedly, it's coming in May and not the usual June/July. Supposedly, it has multi-tasking. From all these rumors, I have a LOT of questions:

1. How does an iPhone 4G come out for GSM in the US when AT&T nor T-Mobile have 4G nor have formally announced 4G plans?
    2. So say Apple does announce the iPhone 4G for TMobile. Does that make good business sense? You have 9 million iPhone users on AT&T and all of a sudden, you're going to tell these 9 million people that the next iteration of the iPhone is going to a different network? They don't expect all 9 million to jump ship right? Do they expect people to be happy or angry with Apple?
    3. So say TMO does rush 4G out the door. Have they not learned the lessons of AT&T and the iPhone and how that phone alone has tarnished AT&T image as a horrible data service provider? As far as I know (and from experience), AT&T has better service than T-Mobile - and I'm from a metro area.
    4. iPhone 4G has multi-tasking. Ok. So where does this leave iPhone 3G and 3GS? Will the new OS be compatible with them? If so, will we finally see how laggy the iPhone is when trying to multi-task apps? Remember, the Apple iPhone "looked" fast because it did one thing very well - run ONE app at a time. That was the trick. So mix that in with the iPhone battery drainage issue and now being able to juggle multiple apps on an iPhone 2G, 3G and 3GS.
    are you sure it doesnt just mean the 4th Generation iPhone?
    dude it's 4g as in fourth generation iphone.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiliu78 View Post
    If so, will we finally see how laggy the iPhone is when trying to multi-task apps? Remember, the Apple iPhone "looked" fast because it did one thing very well - run ONE app at a time. That was the trick
    Yeah right, keep dreaming

Quote Originally Posted by Sethiathome View Post

yeah, and the Pre has the same internal hardware as the iPhone.

im thinkin this guy aint much informdeded.

troll much
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    troll much
    shrug. he has a point.
    just because the iphone can imitate something doesnt make it as good
    Wow. Troll. Really?

I know what the iPhone 3GS is capable of and I know why I won't choose it. I've been waiting for the Palm Pre for more than 6 months now. What does that say?

There are many many videos showing iPhone multitasking cpu-intensive applications without any kind of lag and you think that's not good enough? How about that: this is just a hack made by the iPhone community. Imagine what Apple can do...

Stop dreaming. The iPhone could multitask better than your beloved pre. That doesn't make it a better phone. I'd still take the pre anytime, I'm just not as narrow-minded as you are.
    Last edited by Sethiathome; 01/12/2010 at 04:14 PM.
    apple has already explained their stance on non-apple apps multitasking, and with the same hardware theres no reason why it would run smoother the software is just more mature so everything youve said is either very troll-worthy or ignorant whichever you are
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Wow. Troll. Really?

I know what the iPhone 3GS is capable of and I know why I won't choose it. I've been waiting for the Palm Pre for more than 6 months now. What does that say?

There are many many videos showing iPhone multitasking cpu-intensive applications without any kind of lag and you think that's not good enough? How about that: this is just a hack made by the iPhone community. Imagine what Apple can do...

Stop dreaming. The iPhone could multitask better than your beloved pre. That doesn't make it a better phone. I'd still take the pre anytime, I'm just not as narrow-minded as you are.
    Not saying you're a troll and I'm happy 3gs can multitask but a few videos don't prove 3gs can multitask better than pre. From what I understand, jailbreaking causes iphone to be more prone to restarts cuz it's less stable. And Apple is not necessarily better than their jailbreak community. At least use it yourself before saying it's better than pre and even than it could be a matter of opinion given that it's still easier to navigate multiple things on the pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    apple has already explained their stance on non-apple apps multitasking, and with the same hardware theres no reason why it would run smoother the software is just more mature so everything youve said is either very troll-worthy or ignorant whichever you are
    Troll. Ignorant. What's next? Am I calling you an *****? No. So learn to respect other people Plus, you're only reading what you want to. Not what I'm writing.

Quote Originally Posted by spare View Post
    At least use it yourself before saying it's better than pre and even than it could be a matter of opinion given that it's still easier to navigate multiple things on the pre.
    Multitasking is obviously not better on the iPhone because it's not part of the OS! But saying that the iPhone wouldn't be able to multitask and that it would lag because of it is just non-sense.
    Anyway, like I said, I prefer the palm pre even tho I didn't have a chance to play with it yet. Three months to go
    But saying that the iPhone wouldn't be able to multitask and that it would lag because of it is just non-sense.
    exactly.

also, a little trick that Apple uses to make their app launching seem faster than it is is the blur animation when you're opening or switching apps.

the program is loading while the visualization is blurring.

the Pre just sits there and doesn't blur so it seems slower than it is in reality compared to the iPhone's times.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    why are we talking about the iphone on a palm forum? take it to the iphoneblog.
    Because it's the "Cross-Platform Chat" forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    the Pre just sits there and doesn't blur so it seems slower than it is in reality compared to the iPhone's times.
    I like the way the palm pre+ does it. Open the card, THEN go full screen when the app is ready.
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Troll. Ignorant. What's next? Am I calling you an *****? No. So learn to respect other people Plus, you're only reading what you want to. Not what I'm writing.

Multitasking is obviously not better on the iPhone because it's not part of the OS! But saying that the iPhone wouldn't be able to multitask and that it would lag because of it is just non-sense.
    Anyway, like I said, I prefer the palm pre even tho I didn't have a chance to play with it yet. Three months to go
    iphone codes are more optimized than pre given their longer development time so it uses less ram. Once the 256mb ram is used, it will lag. That's just science.
    Actually an unlocked, jailbroken device is NOT unstable. I would say that I had to reset mine just as much as any other iPhone user. However, I cannot say the same about my Pixi...
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyderekz View Post
    why are we talking about the iphone on a palm forum? take it to the iphoneblog.
    go back to lurking.
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TechSavvy View Post
    Actually an unlocked, jailbroken device is NOT unstable. I would say that I had to reset mine just as much as any other iPhone user. However, I cannot say the same about my Pixi...
    Depends how much you jailbreak. The more hacks you add, the more likely a code performs an unintentional task and makes the phone unstable. The law of probability trumps your anecdotal evidence.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast