Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    So, just for the ignorant here, how do you define as "best"?

I'm curious.

Does the UI drastically change on the iPhone/iPod Touch when you Jail Break it? Because using an iPod Touch after using a Pre, makes be want to break the glass screen on it so I can put myself out of my misery.
    you guys are using a tweak called the "iphone spoof" get real!!!!!!!everyphone out there is a mock iphone!
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    Yet another reason not to own an iphone. You have to jailbreak it to get functionality. You get this with the pre out of the box. Palm embraces its development community. Apple shuns them. I cannot support a company like that. Especially one that has taken its core from the open source community. Sickening. The form factor is big, fugly, and inelegant too. And what happens when apple finally does find an effective way to shut out the jailbreak community? That's what they want. Control. Make no mistake. Of course, in doing so, they also make the phone a PITA to use for everyone else in the process (not that it isn't already, compared to WebOS).

I don't, nor will I ever, own any of apple's crippled, overcontrolled, inflexible, unusable, junk.
    talk about "out of the box" the palm pre did not even have message forwarding until 5 months later give me a break.the pre has no future!you know it and this whole board knows it
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bitnasty View Post
    Sorry you don't understand the term JAILBROKEN!multitasking the JB iPhone is the best!your so clueless it's not even funny.stick with your female phone and put a bra on!
    I have seen multitasking on a JB iPhoney. Its very amateur. I guess I should have said real multitasking. Sorry for the confusion.

I know its probably frustrating having to close all your other programs just to read all my posts. I'll try to post everything at once from now on. Maybe that will save you some time on your iPhoney.

Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    talk about "out of the box" the palm pre did not even have message forwarding until 5 months later give me a break.the pre has no future!you know it and this whole board knows it
    Havent you heard your own iPhoney news. Apple has backed themselves into a corner with all of their apps. They cannot make important upgrades to the OS becasue it will break a majority of the apps. This means no multitasking for iPhoneys. Im sorry, no real multitasking. Dont kid yourself. That backgrounder multitasking is more of a hassle than anything else.

Why do you think every iPhoney has looked exactly the same since the beginning? Because all the apps force Apple to keep the phone very similar from one version to the next.

Apples poor, early-app development means you will have the same static OS for many years to come. While Palm will be upgrading over the air every few weeks, as has been the case for the last 6 months. I'll see you in the future.......as long as you're on a Palm device.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    The iPhoney didnt have apps until a year after its release. Does that mean anything to you now?

check, mate...Palm wins again

I think Palm users are just plain smarter than iPhoney users. I mean, this guy hasnt made a good argument yet. Stick to your guns...app catalog. its all you got.
    Quote Originally Posted by piaband View Post
    I have seen multitasking on a JB iPhoney. Its very amateur. I guess I should have said real multitasking. Sorry for the confusion.

I know its probably frustrating having to close all your other programs just to read all my posts. I'll try to post everything at once from now on. Maybe that will save you some time on your iPhoney.

oh yea im sure you know what "call controller" is and "intelliscreen"oh........lets not forget ABOUT "BACKGROUNDER".you see you pre freaks.... this has been around longer then the pre has.the iphone 3gs jailbroken rocks your life.i have to go now im going to watch the movie "AVATAR" on my tv for FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!While you guys are sitting on this board strokin yourselves about some space invader game your going to play with your 30min battery life.....enjoy!
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    oh yea im sure you know what "call controller" is and "intelliscreen"oh........lets not forget ABOUT "BACKGROUNDER".you see you pre freaks.... this has been around longer then the pre has.the iphone 3gs jailbroken rocks your life.i have to go now im going to watch the movie "AVATAR" on my tv for FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!While you guys are sitting on this board strokin yourselves about some space invader game your going to play with your 30min battery life.....enjoy!
    Im guessing you mean you're going to watch it on your iphoney. If so, thats hardly how I would choose to enjoy a great movie like avatar. The theater is a better experience. with all the money I save on Sprint, I can afford it though. I know your Att bill is expensive so I dont mind you watching it on your iphoney.

I can watch illegal movies on my tv all day. Its called uTorrent. Its been around for a while buddy. I know you're probably feeling a little useless when we keep pointing out all the ways the Pre is better than your iPhoney. I guess that tough for you, considering you are locked into another 2 years with a second-tier device that wont have any upgrades.

My battery neevr gets below 70%. Because I have a wireless charger that I can just toss my phone on whenever I'm not busy (which isnt often, because my Pre owns does everything for me)

It'll be even harder on you when we are upgrading every couple weeks. as you watch us using flash on Hulu.com, it might make you a little sad. Is there an app for being depressed? Maybe that should be your next one.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Why are you here? What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

If you are trying to offend me because I prefer my Pre over an iPhone you are doing a very poor job. I can't be offended by your posts because the lack (or excessive use) of punctuation and the poor grammar make the posts very difficult to understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by piaband View Post
    Im guessing you mean you're going to watch it on your iphoney. If so, thats hardly how I would choose to enjoy a great movie like avatar. The theater is a better experience. with all the money I save on Sprint, I can afford it though. I know your Att bill is expensive so I dont mind you watching it on your iphoney.

I can watch illegal movies on my tv all day. Its called uTorrent. Its been around for a while buddy. I know you're probably feeling a little useless when we keep pointing out all the ways the Pre is better than your iPhoney. I guess that tough for you, considering you are locked into another 2 years with a second-tier device that wont have any upgrades.

My battery neevr gets below 70%. Because I have a wireless charger that I can just toss my phone on whenever I'm not busy (which isnt often, because my Pre owns does everything for me)

It'll be even harder on you when we are upgrading every couple weeks. as you watch us using flash on Hulu.com, it might make you a little sad. Is there an app for being depressed? Maybe that should be your next one.
    no no my friend.im watching it on my tv exported from my jb iphone 3gs.i owned a pre when it came out and was embarresed to use it in public!i paid sprint to get rid of it.you see plans dont effect my income!
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by strudel View Post
    Why are you here? What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

If you are trying to offend me because I prefer my Pre over an iPhone you are doing a very poor job. I can't be offended by your posts because the lack (or excessive use) of punctuation and the poor grammar make the posts very difficult to understand.
    He's probably visiting us from his iphoney. It is very hard to type on those virtual keyboards. FYI.
    the pre has the worst battery life then a cordless screw driver.
    you have to charge the thing everytime you turn it on.the battery is a joke and sprint will even tell you this.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    no no my friend.im watching it on my tv exported from my jb iphone 3gs.i owned a pre when it came out and was embarresed to use it in public!i paid sprint to get rid of it.you see plans dont effect my income!

Then you cant use your iphoney for 2 hours during the movie. You'd never see a Palm phone sitting idle for two hours. On a Pre you could do both at the same time.

Why would you need that? You can d/l movies off the internet for free. And much faster I might add. Haven't you seen all those Verizon adds that show the spotty 3g coverage of ATT? They're actually pretty funny. My favorite is the verizon guy who sits in front of the tv. his map is blocking the game. But the ATT guys map doesnt block anything. HAHAHAHAHA. Oh, its so funny. and true.

Didnt you hear. 3GS stands for 3g...sometimes.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    the pre has the worst battery life then a cordless screw driver.
    you have to charge the thing everytime you turn it on.the battery is a joke and sprint will even tell you this.
    Theres a patch for that! Seriously. Couple patches help battery life. Although I dont need them since I have touchstone chargers. See, Palm lets you change the OS, whereas Apple doesn't. But you dont know anything about that. When you come over to Palm, then you'll see.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    I just need to point out that if anyone is reading this thread, I think I've made a pretty sound argument for buying a Pre over an iphoney. I think Palm should pay me for this advertising. Or maybe Apple will pay me to stop?
    I actually have a Pre(personal use), and an Iphone 3GS(Business). Each have their benefits. With that said the Web OS is such an advanced feature(it always impresses when I show it off, and others wanting to touch my Pre(reserved only for my wife), I won't be letting my Pre go. I wouldn't have upgraded if my 3 year old Treo hadn't died on me(one too many drops over the years.
    Plus the Sprint benefits have kept me in contract with them for over 7 years. I just pay the bill and they keep me happy.

I love:

NFL network
    Navigation is sweet(Must have)
    Over the air updates
    Easy modification for beginner(Thanks Homebrew community)
    Multitasking

I am waiting for the Pre to give me back some of the functionality I had with my Treo 700 calendar(Color coding for my business and personal appointments). I love my Pre and I am still on my first one. I like a physical keyboard and would love to have the phone a tad bigger to accomodate my fat finger typing abilities.
    you guys are using a tweak called the "iphone spoof" get real!!!!!!!everyphone out there is a mock iphone!
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I find it ironic that all my friends with Iphones, including those that work for Apple AND AT&T, love and prefer the PRE. And as a result, some have switched.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryormba21 View Post
    I actually have a Pre(personal use), and an Iphone 3GS(Business). Each have their benefits. With that said the Web OS is such an advanced feature(it always impresses when I show it off, and others wanting to touch my Pre(reserved only for my wife), I won't be letting my Pre go. I wouldn't have upgraded if my 3 year old Treo hadn't died on me(one too many drops over the years.
    Plus the Sprint benefits have kept me in contract with them for over 7 years. I just pay the bill and they keep me happy.

I love:

NFL network
    Navigation is sweet(Must have)
    Over the air updates
    Easy modification for beginner(Thanks Homebrew community)
    Multitasking

I am waiting for the Pre to give me back some of the functionality I had with my Treo 700 calendar(Color coding for my business and personal appointments). I love my Pre and I am still on my first one. I like a physical keyboard and would love to have the phone a tad bigger to accomodate my fat finger typing abilities.
    I agree I hope the Pre2 is a larger version of the pixi. Or a landscape slider. But a bigger screen would have me as another 1st day buyer.
    Quote Originally Posted by wsc615 View Post
    I find it ironic that all my friends with Iphones, including those that work for Apple AND AT&T, love and prefer the PRE. And as a result, some have switched.
    The pre is a great phone for the ladies and those who cant afford a real phone!
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    The pre is a great phone for the ladies and those who cant afford a real phone!
    And its official. He has nothing else to say. PALM WINS AGAIN!!!!!!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast