1. ads
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I have to leave in a minute for Dr appt/physical. But just now on google, I see Nexus one available FOR SALE. Tmobile or unlocked, but won't do AT&T 3G today.
    $179 on 2 year tmobile new contract or $529 unlocked!
    Verizon and Vodaphone show coming soon.

I'm on ATT and not switching, been waiting for this Pre model and still hope this happens soon, but now I'd have to consider this if they add a model that does ATT 3G too.

Decisions, decisions!

Sorry if this is a dupe, didn't see anything on precentral front page or in here.
    Nexus One Phone - Web meets phone.

ADS
    I'm not a big fan of GSM technology, although I do like HSDPA. So, a N1 on T-mob (or AT&T for that matter) is not appealing to me. Poor coverage for a good protocol (HSDPA) and good coverage for a poor protocol (GSM).

But I get the impression that google doesn't care. I get the impression that they'll create one of these things for whatever carrier will take it. So I'm hopeful that there will be one for Sprint, too.

That said, if I was ever going to switch off of CDMA, T-Mob would be the one that I consider. At least their prices are similar to Sprint's.

Summary of my network prefs:
    Sprint: +Price, +Protocol
    T-Mob: +Price, -Protocol
    Verizon: -Price, +Protocol
    AT&T: -Price, -Protocol

And as is often repeated by the Dieter (et al), choose the network first, then choose the phone. IMHO that means the above considerations in addition to coverage for where you are.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    The Nexus one is the better phone but you really need to check your coverage area for T-mobile because t-mobile sucks.

They also have a CDMA version for verizon.
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    well, i have both of them sitting here in front of me and... the nexus one, not to impressed... for the processor it has, its choppy, and the pre loads up web pages faster on the same wi-fi connection ( a couple tests) i will say that google maps is better on the nexus tho.. and for the app store on the nexus, well ive only had like 3 hours to mess around so im not sure of what good apps there are out of the 20,000... any suggestions, questions? i havnt set up a calling plan as i bought the phone unlocked
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiako View Post
    The Nexus one is the better phone but you really need to check your coverage area for T-mobile because t-mobile sucks.

They also have a CDMA version for verizon.
    how do u come to this conclusion??? when they announced the nexus one they even said that the phone wasnt meant to compete with high end phones. All reviews i've read have said its an average phone, nothing saying that its a great phone superior to any other phones out there. Its new...and its from google, thats about it...but obviously thats enough to make people want it and say its the next great phone
    Quote Originally Posted by ads View Post
    I have to leave in a minute for Dr appt/physical. But just now on google, I see Nexus one available FOR SALE. Tmobile or unlocked, but won't do AT&T 3G today.
    $179 on 2 year tmobile new contract or $529 unlocked!
    Verizon and Vodaphone show coming soon.

I'm on ATT and not switching, been waiting for this Pre model and still hope this happens soon, but now I'd have to consider this if they add a model that does ATT 3G too.

Decisions, decisions!

Sorry if this is a dupe, didn't see anything on precentral front page or in here.
    Nexus One Phone - Web meets phone.

ADS
    Just announced today, AT&T will be getting two WebOS phones in the first half of 2010.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by notalexrz View Post
    how do u come to this conclusion??? when they announced the nexus one they even said that the phone wasnt meant to compete with high end phones. All reviews i've read have said its an average phone, nothing saying that its a great phone superior to any other phones out there. Its new...and its from google, thats about it...but obviously thats enough to make people want it and say its the next great phone
    There's no proving what's objectively "better", but you can easily observe that the Nexus One is vastly more capable in almost every way. If capabilities and features matter most, then yes...it's better to you.
  8. ads
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    My 680 still does everything I need it to, but looking forward to synergy and some of the advanced things the 680 won't do. I've been past commitment since Thanksgiving 2008.
    I get a good work discount with AT&T and like GSM when I travel, but was thinking about changing networks if they didn't soon offer something other than the iphone & BBs. Finally...
    ADS

Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    Just announced today, AT&T will be getting two WebOS phones in the first half of 2010.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    There's no proving what's objectively "better", but you can easily observe that the Nexus One is vastly more capable in almost every way. If capabilities and features matter most, then yes...it's better to you.
    What are you basing that assumption on?
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSmJ View Post
    What are you basing that assumption on?
    I don't believe saying you should pick whatever you want based on your preference is an assumption. Though, from the looks of it - spec wise and the OS is what it should be based on when it comes to capabilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    I find the Nexus' hardware keyboard to be ... lacking.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I own a Motorola Droid and am looking to sell it and pick up a Pre on Verizon. Android is nice, but it lacks the polish that webOS and the iPhone OS has. And even though it has more apps than webOS, 99% of them are terrible and aren't worth looking at. The majority of the apps that I use on Android have webOS equivalents that are equal or better. Of all the Android apps, I'd only consider a handful to be decent. The rest of junk that people release because there is no app review process. The UIs are all terrible, and games are a complete disaster.

I may end up keeping my Droid and still buying a Pre at full price so I have the best of both worlds. But Android isn't all it's cracked up to be either. I still consider the iPhone to be king as far as OS and apps go. webOS second, and Android third.