1.    #1  
    I recently copied the "AudioPlayer 2.1" and the "Audio playerSkin" from a N710c to my T-615c and behold!!! I now can play Mp3's in the background.

PS: This makes me wonder if the Mp3 player is already in the T-615? They just don't have a headset built in.
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.
    Originally posted by mikedemo
    I recently copied the "AudioPlayer 2.1" and the "Audio playerSkin" from a N710c to my T-615c and behold!!! I now can play Mp3's in the background.
    Huh? Eh? What?? Me am confused!

Question: how heavily did you run other Palm applications while you were playing MP3s on the T615C?

PS: This makes me wonder if the Mp3 player is already in the T-615? They just don't have a headset built in.
    I'm almost certain they don't -- particularly as I thought the MP3 player add-on for the T615C was close to identical to the MP3 player add-on for the N610C.

However, I haven't taken one apart, so don't know for sure.

I'd love to hear from someone who's got a definitive explanation (oh, heck, just an explanation) for this. Makes me wanna buy the T615C MP3 player...
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
    Originally posted by bookrats
    [...] I'm almost certain they don't -- particularly as I thought the MP3 player add-on for the T615C was close to identical to the MP3 player add-on for the N610C.
    I've never seen either in person, but after looking at them online, they both just looked like the remote/headphone combo that comes with the 760.
    However, I haven't taken one apart, so don't know for sure.

I'd love to hear from someone who's got a definitive explanation (oh, heck, just an explanation) for this. Makes me wanna buy the T615C MP3 player...
    Well, if what mikedemo says is true (not that I've got any reason to doubt it), the logical explanation is that Sony built the DSP for MP3s along with any other circuitry necessary into the other handhelds that have the add-on MP3 option. This would suggest that the cost of the addon is for a) the headphone/remote and b) the software which controls the DSP and allows it to play MP3s.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Actually the DSP is in the headphone adapter. So, no, the T-615 and N-610 do not come with the DSP built-in waiting to be "unleashed."

-Trotsky
    Originally posted by Trotsky
    Actually the DSP is in the headphone adapter. So, no, the T-615 and N-610 do not come with the DSP built-in waiting to be "unleashed."
    Then how would you explain mikedemo's being able to play MP3s (apparently) without said headset?

mikedemo: Please clarify the exact hardware you're using to 'play MP3s in the background'.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Originally posted by Toby
    Then how would you explain mikedemo's being able to play MP3s (apparently) without said headset?

mikedemo: Please clarify the exact hardware you're using to 'play MP3s in the background'.
    If I understand this correctly, MikeDemo is not playing MP3's without the Adaptor.

He has gotten the Audio Player Software from a 760 ROM which has the Option to play in the BackGround. I am assuming the Audio Player that comes with the MP3 Adaptor does not have this Option.

So, MikeDemo plays MP3's using the Adaptor plugged-in but can then switch to DateBook while MP3's are playing.

The real question is, what happens when he tries to play MP3's through AudioPlayer WITHOUT the adaptor Plugged up.
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
  7.    #7  
    Sorry about the confusion guys. You still need the head set attachment. What I was trying to point out was that the T-615 audioplayer normaly cannot play MP3 in the background. Which means you play music or read avantgo, not both. Unlike the 710 and the 760 that can do both simultaneously.

So I copied the AudioPlayer 2.1 from a 710c on to my T-615. Now I have the option to play in background. The only problem I have found is that the visualizers don't work properly and can lock up the unit. The music will still play but the screen will freeze. You'll have to soft-reset the device. If I try to play mp3s without the attachment, it gives me the standard error "Audio Adapter not responding . . . "

The only reason why I theorized that the mp3 is already in it is if you take a good look at the new NR70, it looks pretty much like a T615 and is not much thicker if at all.

Hope I cleared up the confusion.

*cranks up some Rick Braun on T-615 over mini speakers at desk
    Last edited by mikedemo; 03/18/2002 at 10:55 AM.
    -Mikedemo
    Originally posted by mikedemo
    Sorry about the confusion guys. You still need the head set attachment. What I was trying to point out was that the T-615 audioplayer normaly cannot play MP3 in the background. Which means you play music or read avantgo, not both. Unlike the 710 and the 760 that can do both simultaneously. [...] Hope I cleared up the confusion. [...]
    Yep. Thanks for clarifying.
    BTW this info was available along with the relevant software at "Cliesource.com" about 1 month ago.

The reason I know the DSP is in the adapter is that someone took apart the adapter and found that it was there.

The only thing point being made is that the T-615 works with the 2.1 software from the n760 which enables background mp3 play. the real question is "Why isn't Sony packaging the adapter with 2.1 instead of 2.0?"

-Trotsky
    the real question is "Why isn't Sony packaging the adapter with 2.1 instead of 2.0?"
    My guess is because of the crashes and messed up visualizations mikedemo pointed out. Of course, let me counter my own guess here... wouldn't a software fix to these issues be simple enough for Sony to handle?
    "Take me where my future's lyin', St. Elmo's Fire." - John Parr
    That was the point of my post.

BTW there is a more involved method of installing the software that does not cause the errors mentioned.

-Trotsky
  12.    #12  
    Originally posted by Trotsky
    That was the point of my post.

BTW there is a more involved method of installing the software that does not cause the errors mentioned.

-Trotsky
    Well spill the beans you dancing cat you.
    -Mikedemo