1.    #1  
    Engadget has posted their unboxing and first impressions of the Google Nexus One. I'm on a 24 hour duty shift and unable to watch the video due to network restrictions, but I doubt it'll change my impressions from the photos.

The hardware looks pretty slick and sturdy. Unfortunately, my excitement for the phone stops there. Everything else from there seems to be pretty bling thrown on top of Andriod without adding much else from there. I may be a bit premature as the official event is still a few days away, but even the Engadget guys weren't that impressed.

The thing that's struck us most (so far) about the Nexus One thus far is the fact that it's really not very different than the Droid in any substantial way.
    How does everyone else feel about the Google Nexus One? I'm going to call it the Google NO! from here on out. Yes, that was a joke.
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by artitumis View Post
    Engadget has posted their unboxing and first impressions of the Google Nexus One. I'm on a 24 hour duty shift and unable to watch the video due to network restrictions, but I doubt it'll change my impressions from the photos.

The hardware looks pretty slick and sturdy. Unfortunately, my excitement for the phone stops there. Everything else from there seems to be pretty bling thrown on top of Andriod without adding much else from there. I may be a bit premature as the official event is still a few days away, but even the Engadget guys weren't that impressed.

How does everyone else feel about the Google Nexus One? I'm going to call it the Google NO! from here on out. Yes, that was a joke.
    Well, I'll wait a few weeks after its out. But since I have my Pre on a family plan with Sprint (I'm not all that happy with the Pre and I don't know if Palm will fix what needs fixing in time) I might get the Nexus One.. for $99 you can't beat it plus t-mobile plans are cheap and have no contract.

I'll still have my Pre though incase things do get better, and I hope they do as I like palm.
    $99?
  4.    #4  
    Yeah, I wasn't hearing $99 anywhere. Must have missed that one!
    99 sounds strange the general estimate is 199
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    When Palm doesn't get their act together quickly with WebOS (especially in Europe) and have it play a much more significant role in the smartphone market, the Nexus will most likely be my next phone I will gladly ditch my Pre and physical keyboard for...

It will be with pain in my heart as I prefer WebOS over Android, but I more and more get a deja-vu feeling of poorly managed and marketed superiour quality products (remember AmigaOS and BeOS?)
    Still nothing to love about android besides the hardware.