Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Instinct, amirite?

seriously though. anybody have any input on which to look at? trying to get parents to switch to Sprint from Verizon and I just haven't been into the dumbphone market in a long time.
    How dumb are we talking? Totally basic flip-style? Qwerty keyboard?
    If you're looking for a qwerty, my wife still thinks the original Rumor is the best. She hates her Rant, and wasn't very fond of the Rumor 2.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    Instinct, amirite?

seriously though. anybody have any input on which to look at? trying to get parents to switch to Sprint from Verizon and I just haven't been into the dumbphone market in a long time.
    Really depends on how dumb you're wanting to go.

Smarter than the average dumbphone but still ******** compared to our webOS phones? Instinct. Really dumbphone. . .does it really even matter as long as it works? If they want physical keyboards then I agree with Bujin.
    And what is up with the forums censoring posts? Is the word re-tard-ed really that offensive?! Whoa. . .

*Edit: Um. Yeah. On duty at work, forced to use IE6. It did funky things and double posted when I meant to post the above the second time. Sorry about that.
    LG Lotus is a decent phone. Mostly chick oriented, but its pretty much a dumbphone with a full qwerty keyboard. thats the really the only dumbphone ive played with on sprint.
  7.    #7  
    i was lumping dumbphone into any catergory where a data plan is not required.

just phone and text. keyboard doesnt matter. flip or brick doesnt matter.

theyre both using standard flips right now and do text a fair amount considering theyre older and newish to the whole texting thing. so while a full keyboard would be nice, it's not necessary.
    I've been with Sprint about 10 years on a family plan. Started out with 1 Sanyo, 3 Samsungs. None of the Samsungs lasted a year without one kind of problem or another. Next upgrade got everybody a Sanyo and except for "customer abuse" no trouble with any of the Sanyos. Good luck on your quest.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    i recently got my parents (both in their 50's), the Rumor (v1) and they are quite happy with them.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Stick with anything Sanyo. They make the best flips. They have a new bar with QWERTY, and now another QWERTY similar to the LG enV3.
  11.    #11  
    why are Sprint kiosk workers so ghetto?
    i think all kiosk workers are ghetto
  13.    #13  
    these guys were awful. Didn't even have working demos. Verizon wasn't much better but at least the phones worked.
    if you want working demos youve gotta go to a real sprint not just a dinky kiosk
    Wife and son have the Samsung Exclaim and the battery life is amazing. Pictures, video, email & IM. Its hard for me to use their phone because it does not have touch screen I find myself trying to swipe things away like on the pre...
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    if you want working demos youve gotta go to a real sprint not just a dinky kiosk
    i know, but we were at the mall so it was easy to have all 5 providers in one spot.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by RafRol View Post
    Stick with anything Sanyo. They make the best flips. They have a new bar with QWERTY, and now another QWERTY similar to the LG enV3.
    mom actually loved the EnV3 and the Sanyo you're talking about is the Incognito. I liked it.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Flak1969 View Post
    Wife and son have the Samsung Exclaim and the battery life is amazing. Pictures, video, email & IM. Its hard for me to use their phone because it does not have touch screen I find myself trying to swipe things away like on the pre...
    they didnt have that even as a dummy, but i just looked it up on the site.

probably gonna go to a proper Sprint store tomorrow and check that one out with the rest of them.

thanks!
    I recommend the Rumor -- there are days when I can't get my Pre to make a simple phone call that I'd take that Rumor back again in a second. Then I swipe the touch screen and calm down -- but I'd like to have the Rumor as a back up phone, that's for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    Instinct, amirite?

How about a Pixi?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast