1.    #1  
    PDAPanache is shipping their replacement stylus for the T-Series Clie. I pre-ordered one sight unseen and got it the other day.

I'm somewhat disappointed; the fit for the Panache T-Series stylus isn't as tight as it could/should be, and it's dropped out once already. The "nail head" end of the stylus sticks out on the top.

And there's no reset pin option with this stylus (which I would have known if I'd read the description more fully on the web site -- my bad.)

However, the stylus does feel very good -- the extra weight makes it easier to write with.

If another stylus comes along, though, I'll probably switch.
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
    Try www.cross.com they sell a combined stylus/pen that fits all handhleds. I purchased the Micro Pen @ $15. it fits both my visor and clie nicely.
    Originally posted by donnan
    Try www.cross.com they sell a combined stylus/pen that fits all handhleds. I purchased the Micro Pen @ $15. it fits both my visor and clie nicely.
    On the Micro Pen, the description leaves much to be desired. It looks like you write with ink on one end and the stylus tip is the other...can you confirm? Also, does the pen actually fit into the T series slot flush? Finally, does it have a reset pin somewhere?

Thanks for the info...
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Originally posted by MIKE STH

On the Micro Pen, the description leaves much to be desired. It looks like you write with ink on one end and the stylus tip is the other...can you confirm? Also, does the pen actually fit into the T series slot flush? Finally, does it have a reset pin somewhere?

Thanks for the info...
    I really dout this Micro Pen will fit the T-series. You can find them at your local Staples. I bought them for my Visor and it did fit the Visor very nicely. If the stylus fit the Visor then there is not way it will fit the Sony T-series. Just my 2 cents.
    Yes the Micro Pen does have pen tip at one end and the stylus at the other end. The pen tip is retractable. No reset pin.
    It fits in to my sony s300 and visor with flush fitting.

I dont sell the product I just purchased one!

Why not go to the website www.cross.com and have a look at the full detailed description there. OR go to staples and take a look, its the only way you will really see if this is pen/stylus is suitable for you.
    Yes the Micro Pen does have pen tip at one end and the stylus at the other end. The pen tip is retractable. No reset pin.
    It fits in to my sony s300 and visor with flush fitting.

I dont sell the product I just purchased one!

Why not go to the website www.cross.com and have a look at the full detailed description there. OR go to staples and take a look, its the only way you will really see if this is pen/stylus is suitable for you.
    Easy there, you answered the questions just fine. I hope I wasn't sounding like the spanish inquisition, but as I did go to the website and found the information "lacking" and as it was midnight, I just asked three questions about the pen. I am certainly looking to upgrade the T-series stylus and I'm used to the PDA PANACHE from my Visor. My PDA PANACHE felt good writing, but after getting the chrome model, I realized I'd never do that again. The top was always loose and required tightening every time I wrote(for two years) and the chrome finish was a bit slippery in the hand. So the PANACHE is out of the running for me. Also, after getting a T-series Clie, I've come to realize nothing fits it yet. I'm back on the crest of the "new, not yet made" wave.

I had two problems however and you settled them nicely. Off to Staples today to check it out and thanks for your help.
    If it says "fits all handhelds" and it fits the visor and the clie, then it probably won't fit the Clie T-Series. The T-Series uses a skinnier stylus than the N-Series or any Palm/Visor product.

yeah, i wrote that ...
    No, it does not fit the T-Series. They've got 'em at CompUSA as well, and they are 'standard' sized. Probably packaged and marketed before the T-Series became available.

Also, they did a review of one over at The Gadgeteer:

http://www.the-gadgeteer.com/cross-micropen-review.html

Nice looking pen, but I'm not too sure I like Cross's implementation of the pen/stylus combos so far (always stylus on one end, pen on the other. And for me, it's always the wrong end!).

I'm still hoping that we'll see a Pentopia Chameleon pen/stylus for the T-Series. THAT would be nice.
    -Richard Powell

"Nice guys may finish last, but you know, the company's much better back here."
  9.    #9  
    Well, sometime today the PDA Panache stylus slipped out of my T615C and went AWOL. I didn't accelerate or slow down suddenly, so I don't think excessive G-force is an excuse for the stylus popping out.

I'm not massively upset -- I still have the stylus that came with the Clie. But there's no way the PDAPanache T-series stylus could be called a decent fit, or an acceptable substitute for the Clie stylus.

I'm not buying from PDA Panache again.
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
    Originally posted by bookrats

I'm not buying from PDA Panache again.
    They DO make a nice stylus, just not one I've used yet