Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have been thinking about the droid and the early op out when sprints changes their contract. I have decided that I love my Pre and are staying.I'm not going to pay the high prices from a different Cell provider. I love the Pre even with the short comings. I love the size the feel and I even managed to get adjust my slider so it has not gaps or play. I can only imagine what the the next Pre will be like, and I for one are here to stay and wait. I just think palm needs to get their product out there better advertising, more carriers.

So the million dollar question is, is who's with me??
    depends how my second pre is. Will get it after christmas, the one i have now has a slight oreo though im sure it will get worse, and the slider its messed up if you try and slide it from the left side. Not huge issues but warrants ftw?

I want to stay with it defiantly, the next alternative for me is the 3g, cant afford a 3gs, but i dont really want one as it lacks a lot of features. Apart from that i dont think there any good phones out atm with a keyboard, good touchscreen and good os.

(droid isnt out in the uk yet but its been getting mediocre reviews anyhow)
    I'm staying for now. If webOS hasn't been fixed sufficiently by the time the Pre 2 comes out, I'll be looking at Android.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    I am not going anywhere. Sprint's plans are un-matched and this phone suites my purpose very well.
    ---Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around his or her neck that says, "Make me feel important." Not only will you succeed in sales, you will succeed in life.
    I can give you a more definite answer in June, so make sure you don't 4get to ask me then.
    BTW: NOT ever leaving Sprint. Been with them 10+ years and always happy with them.
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 12/24/2009 at 04:36 PM.
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    I'm staying. I love my Pre! I really love the size and shape - it feels great in my hand. I wouldn't want a bigger phone. I am really happy with the features, especially Synergy. I really like being able to bring all of my contacts from Google, Facebook and Linkedin together. The calendar works great for me. With Agenda and Quick Event it meets all of my needs. Email works well for me too, now that they have added the search feature. The only thing lacking for me is Audible, but with Music Player (Remix) and Sound Taxi, it's working.

My build quality has been fine so far. I have a launch day Pre and have had no hardware problems yet. So, I am a happy camper!
    I'm staying. Have had the same Pre since June launch day. This device is far from perfect and suffered from a strange ironic case of over-hype and under-marketing, yet I really love it where it excels and can tolerate where it lags (pun sort of intended). I would like Palm to consider more robust PIM options. IMO, what made the old PalmOS fail was NOT that the treo did PIM well, but that it did nothing else really good, if at all. I'm afraid for some, the inverse may be true for WebOs and if so, there's really no good reason for it.

DISCLAIMER

IF READING CRITICAL POSTS ABOUT PALM AND/OR WEBOS WHICH ARE, BY ANY MEASURE, LESS THAN LAUDATORY THUS CONSTITUTING AN OFFENSE TO THE READER AKIN TO AN INSULT TO HIS WIFE OR MOTHER, PLEASE PUT EEKINSMAN ON IGNORE AND UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES OR LEGAL THEORY SHALL EEKINSMAN, HIS FAMILY, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, LICENSEES, OR ASSIGNS, EITHER JOINTLY OR SEVERALY, BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR OTHER LOSS OF ANY KIND, RELATING TO YOUR FRAGILE, UNUSUAL, UNHEALTHY AND ODD PREDILECTION TO PROTECT PALM AND/OR WEBOS FROM NEGATIVE POSTS.

TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY PRECENTRAL, THE WORDS AND CONTENT OF THIS POST, INCLUDING THOSE IN THIS DISCLAIMER, ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE A RANT AGAINST PALM AND/OR WEBOS AND DO NOT REFLECT THE POSTER’S HATRED FOR PALM.

THE POSTER HEREBY DISCLAIMS AND DISAVOWS AND DOES NOT ENDORSE OR SPONSOR OR AGREE WITH SENSELESS THREADS AND POSTS INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, “‘I’M LEAVING FOR THE DROID’ ‘PALM SUCKS’ APPLE RULES’ THE PRE IS THE WORST PHONE EVER’ AND ALL OTHER OF SIMILAR ILK WHICH BY THEIR NATURE TREAT THE PALM PRE AS ANYTHING BUT PRECIOUS.
    PalmOS Treos: 90/300/600/650/700/755/launch day Pre minus/ Evo/Epic
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    So the million dollar question is, is who's with me??
    Why would my opinion or others should matter to you? I'm not the one using your phone every day. Please don't ask us if you should stick with boxers also...

Use whatever phone you enjoy the most, who cares what others use.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    I love my Pre as well, even with the slight oreo/wobble...which I'm gonna try to adjust as there is absolutely nothing else wrong with this handset. Plus I love patches & homebrew (thx devs). I would never ever leave Sprint. Been with 'em eight years and they've always been great with me.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    I love my Pre as well, even with the slight oreo/wobble...which I'm gonna try to adjust as there is absolutely nothing else wrong with this handset. Plus I love patches & homebrew (thx devs). I would never ever leave Sprint. Been with 'em eight years and they've always been great with me.
    Hey Blaize, Janie, Mistress of Verbosity! Good to see/read ya.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    Yeah me too, I even found right spots to place tape on the battery cover to make the creaking go away. I just can't wait to see the next pre. Its going to be awesome.
    I am.
    The droid sucks. Just try one out and see for yourself
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  13.    #13  
    Not to mention its FUGLY.
    Nice to c u too Danny/dbd. :-)
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I love my Pre for on it's size is perfect anything bigger it just would suck to carry around. I was looking at the hero to day and thought to myself cause I was thinking of getting one "WHY" it's big and bulky. Also my buddy came over today and he's been with the Iphone since it came out and was playing with my Pre he was really impressed and liked it a lot, so thought pretty good about owning a pre and mu buddy is a huge apple lover.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I love the Pre but it continues to disappoint me, both with and without patches. I should be getting a very good deal on a Hero, so I will stick with Sprint still and maybe look at WebOS again the future.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I will stay, as much as I've been tempted by other Sprint-enabled devices (as others have mentioned I've been with Sprint for years and love their plans/prices), I've been patient and seen just as negative (if not more) comments for the folks that jumped to them as I've seen for the Pre. Besides, webOS only keeps getting better.
  18. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    What's a PRE?
  19.    #19  
    I guess I should made the thread called "Show the Pre some Love".
    Staying for sure. I can't see leaving Sprint ever. I've been with them since they bought Nextel and have always been more than satisfied with their service, pricing, and above all, coverage and speed for data.

In regard to the Pre: I absolutely love it. It's fun to use, intuitive and simple (without lacking functionality), very easy on the eyes, and fits nicely in a pocket. The hardware is a little sketch, but it's not that bad. In fact, I was playing with a friends phone last night (a sideways slider) and noticed that it had some oreo going on too! I think the Pre is easily one of the sexiest devices out there. At 32 I can still see everything I need to on the screen, and I wouldn't trade up to a bigger one due to how nicely this fits in a pocket.

Plus, I'm so glad that it is open for patching, etc. I like that I can have my choice of well over 100 nifty little mods that make my phone uniquely my own. I know most other phones have some customizing that you can do, but I really doubt it can come close to tailoring a phone to the individual in the way that the patches and themes in homebrew can. While some may say that patches only make a Pre do what it should have already been able to, I disagree. I think it would be great if in the future phones came out kind of bare bones, and there were carrier/maker sponsored repositories that allow you to customize your experience with patches and other tweaks. I like that not many people have the Pre, and I love that no one has *my* Pre. Although, I think it's so awesome that I feel a little bad for you.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast