Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I'm staying, but I do hope that Sprint offers a trade-up program when the Pre Plus comes out. I've had it since say one and I will remain a supporter of Palm and Sprint as long as they continue to treat me well.
    I don't get what the "issues" are with the Pre...

WebOS is new... when the iPhone was new it wasn't the best thing either... we get updates monthly working on improving WebOS [I'm pretty sure that's the most updates for any cell phone]...

I'm on my fourth Pre... and it's my fault. I abuse phones... but that's not the Pre or Palm's fault.

The longest I've ever had a phone was 6 months without replacement.

It sucks, but I don't dare blame a company because I abuse my phone.
    Last edited by Mattykinsx; 12/25/2009 at 06:00 PM.
    I'm definitely sticking with the Pre. I'm about a month in and I'm thoroughly pleased. I just broke into the homebrew scene and its like a whole new world! I love that you can change so much with just a few clicks. Not many phones allow you to tinker with the small things like the Pre does, so I'm happy overall.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    I don't have any particular loyalty to Sprint or the Pre form factor. I'm planning on going to Verizon as soon as I can with whatever WebOS device they have -- hopefully a Pixi Plus type device
    This is a great question and I am glad you asked it. We need more positive posts here. Everyone I know loves their Pre. The only time I hear of anyone not liking their Pre is when I get on here. A wise developer once told me that groups of people naturally post their complaints, because they are trying to conjour up others alike, the few will only post their approval. I guess ratings are pretty even. Those who are happy won't write a post, but they will give a good rating.
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenlkl@yahoo.com View Post
    This is a great question and I am glad you asked it. We need more positive posts here. Everyone I know loves their Pre. The only time I hear of anyone not liking their Pre is when I get on here. A wise developer once told me that groups of people naturally post their complaints, because they are trying to conjour up others alike, the few will only post their approval. I guess ratings are pretty even. Those who are happy won't write a post, but they will give a good rating.
    That's what I'm saying. The moderator needs to move all of the "I'm leaving,Pre sucks,Sprint sucks," into the the Pre complaint and clear up some room for the positive comments. I think most people are happy and would love to see the Pre,pixie, Webos grow.

If I could bring up a point for discussion, I would love to see a Pre option that looks like the pre now, but does not have a qwerty board. I would also love to have an option to get a different color Pre like silver. Let me know what you think.
    keep the good vibes coming.
    Last edited by rem_kujawa; 12/25/2009 at 07:11 PM.
    I have given up on the Pre for now and moved to a Hero. I still have my Pre as I do believe in WebOS and will see what Sprint does in the next few months. Which was I go in the future will depend on the phones as I am happy with both OS's but both phones are slow. The dealbreaker for me was the excessive lag on the Pre and no wifi tethering, I have given up on mytether ever getting sorted out. The Pre 2 will be the deciding factor for me.
    I love hearing how much people dislike their Pre's and spend so much explaining why they're leaving.

I love my phone, cheaper service, and the apps they have to offer. My phone isn't perfect and the apps aren't yet awe inspiring, but things are improving and apps are getting better.

I have figured out why so many people want an iphone...apps, apps and more apps. Or maybe specifically...choice.

After a few days working on a clients 3gs...the apps are numerious, but many are no better then what's on the Pre. I downloaded over 50+ most popular apps on the iphone and appreciated 5 or so.

10% thumbs up from my quick test of Apple most popular apps isn't that impressive. I guess I have higher standards or the 80% of all purchases being games is coming from kids who love Fart and Zit Popping apps (did you know someone made one of those for the iphone).

Has anyone really tried to use an Iphone...I have and yes the video recording is convenient, but most everything else feels dated. I hope for most people switching the Hero and Droid are better.

I'm here for the long hall, Palm keep up the great work, and 2010 should be very interesting.
    I love Sprint and My pre, I'm staying!
    as long as the iPhone isn't on sprint or a good android phone im sticking with my pre...
    I will be staying with sprint and the pre. I have no major complaints with Sprint in fact my work phone is with At&t and I had to set it to forward to my Pre so I didn't miss calls. As far as the pre I loved it before hacking it and even more since I started hacking it.
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Sticking with Sprint. Have been with them for almost 10 years. You can't beat the plans and the Pre was icing on the cake.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    i'm loving this topic it's needed and i love what Mattykinsx said that's accountability something rarely heard these days people complain... well show me another contract that gives you $99 unlimited everything... not that half *** cingular and AT&T, Verizon and Bell.
    i don't Think So I'm Staying And Yes You Don't Try To Be A Programmer And It Won't Brick It's The First Year The Droid Sux Just As Apple Or (Macin-trash) As They Been Called By All Hackers HOPE 2600 Hackers And Legion Of Doom `And Us Chaos Computer Club All Feel The Same Way About These Frauds Apple Charges You To Breath Thhat Sux Linux Is Free As The Internet Should Be For All
    I H8 Paying iTunes To Look Up A Damn Album Cover What is That????? No I'm Staying With The Pre Long Live The Pre
    Hi Everybody!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    I have been thinking about the droid and the early op out when sprints changes their contract. I have decided that I love my Pre and are staying.I'm not going to pay the high prices from a different Cell provider. I love the Pre even with the short comings. I love the size the feel and I even managed to get adjust my slider so it has not gaps or play. I can only imagine what the the next Pre will be like, and I for one are here to stay and wait. I just think palm needs to get their product out there better advertising, more carriers.

So the million dollar question is, is who's with me??
    I came to the Pre from a T-Mobile G1 so Android doesn't attract me as much as it does other people. I'm staying with the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by T3CK View Post
    Why would my opinion or others should matter to you? I'm not the one using your phone every day. Please don't ask us if you should stick with boxers also...

Use whatever phone you enjoy the most, who cares what others use.
    What a silly statement.

It's a discussion board. Of COURSE people are going to ask for opinions.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    I don't get what the "issues" are with the Pre...

WebOS is new... when the iPhone was new it wasn't the best thing either... we get updates monthly working on improving WebOS [I'm pretty sure that's the most updates for any cell phone]...

I'm on my fourth Pre... and it's my fault. I abuse phones... but that's not the Pre or Palm's fault.

The longest I've ever had a phone was 6 months without replacement.

It sucks, but I don't dare blame a company because I abuse my phone.
    If you're on the fourth Pre because you abuse them, who's to say that others are on their xth Pre for the same reason?

Lotta unnecessary assumptions flying around here.
    Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    To be honest with you I don't care about your opinion, but being that this is a really popular Web site for this device it would be nice for other people that have or are looking to get one to see some positive feedback on the phone instead of the seeing all of the "I'm leaving threads".
    If you don't care about opinions, then why ask?

Maybe you should word your questions and statements better because you asked as if you truly wanted to know who was with you (and, by extension, who wasn't). If you didn't give a damn about any opinion that wasn't a carbon-copy of your own, why not say that in your first post?

What a waste of a thread - from almost all sides.

Signing off.
    Wow you are rude. If you don't care, don't read the thread and don't post.
    Quote Originally Posted by dasani View Post
    Wow you are rude. If you don't care, don't read the thread and don't post.
    Disregard this wrong forum....

I love my pre so far :-) I am staying...
    3 Pre's in my family, no oreo, no lagging, all very happy with our phones. The oreo effect and lagging is something that the trolls have picked up on. Great product, does everything that we need from a smartphone.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast