Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I don't usually post goodbye posts, but I had to this time. Hopefully somebody from Palm will see this and realize how bad things are.

Nov 21: My Pre develops the headset problem, where the headset is always stuck on and you can't hear anything out of the earpiece. Try the techniques on here, but nothing works.

Nov 23: Go to Sprint Store in Oakland, CA and ask if they can repair it. "No, you need to go to a repair store for that. We don't do repairs here." Can I swap it? "Well, our manager can sometimes do that, but he's not here right now". Can I come back? "No, it would be better if you go to a repair store."

Nov 24: Go to Sprint Repair Store in Pleasanton, CA. "We can't do anything for you because you don't have Sprint insurance. You need to call Palm for warranty service".

Nov 25: Call Palm. Go through all the troubleshooting steps; they say they are going to send me a new (refurb) phone. Of course, it's $30 for the Advanced Exchange, or go be without your phone for a week.

Dec 5: Because of Thanksgiving, refurb phone doesn't arrive until now. Swap all my data to it.

Dec 7: New phone dies. Screen doesn't work at all. Fortunately, hadn't sent my old one back yet, so swapped all data back to it. That alone was a pain because Sprint got confused when I tried to reactivate the old phone.

Dec 12: Call Palm again, tell them what's happened. They ask me to send the new (refurb) phone back; they'll send out a replacement.

Dec 17: Refurb phone arrives back at Palm HQ. Narry a word from Palm.

Dec 23: Noting that my order now said 'closed' I decide to call Palm. Agent said that my SRO was closed, and we'd need to start the process again. Could I please run the interactive tests on my non-working phone? I've been without a phone that works for more than a month now, and finally lost it...

After about 45 mins checking on things, she finally decided that they could do a new SRO, and could waive the $29.95 fee, but would still have to charge me tax. I gave up; I guess that's the best I can do.

Hopefully this one will work, but even if it does, I'm selling it. I'm done with these clowns. There's better options out there... as of today, I'm the proud owner of a Droid.

Sorry Palm. It's been like this for years... I hope you guys get your act together before it's too late.

Bye guys.

D
    Goodbye! Hope your droid works better for you.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Get insurance next time makes things easier on everyone involved.
    ---Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around his or her neck that says, "Make me feel important." Not only will you succeed in sales, you will succeed in life.
    so if you don't buy insurance on the Droid and have problems...sounds like you'd be in the same position.

I guess the moral of your story is buy the insurance option.
    ...and when a phone needs repair, take it to a "repair" store. I believe these are identified on Sprint.com as Ready Now stores.
    Certain people can handle a new OS. People like this should never get involved in anything that hasn't been out for a while. They need a cookie cutter phone, one that everyone has. They can't handle the trials and errors of taking the walk that is needed with every start of a new OS. IPhone had it, Android had it, PalmOS had it when it first came out and new WebOS is having it. I say good, leave. One less person complaining about how Palm didn't do this or that for them. One less person to compare completely different phones and wanting Palm to have what others have. WebOS is original and not for those who want what everyone else has. They're not trying to reinvent the wheel, they are trying to do something new and it will take time.
    Hope the Droid works out for you too.

I have the insurance and always have but there is an interesting point to be noted here. There is this little thing called a warranty. A manufacture has a warranty on a product and includes such in a statement with the purchase of the product. That warranty give the purchaser certain rights. In most cases it would be a replacement product of the same or equal value. In some cases it is repaired. It does seem odd that a purchaser of a product has to also pay for insurance to make sure that said purchaser is satisfied.

Just thinking out loud.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    you fan boys are too much, enjoy your wobble toys
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    Hope the Droid works out for you too.

I have the insurance and always have but there is an interesting point to be noted here. There is this little thing called a warranty. A manufacture has a warranty on a product and includes such in a statement with the purchase of the product. That warranty give the purchaser certain rights. In most cases it would be a replacement product of the same or equal value. In some cases it is repaired. It does seem odd that a purchaser of a product has to also pay for insurance to make sure that said purchaser is satisfied.

Just thinking out loud.
    It's tricky with the cell phone business. Warranty is provided by the phone manufacturer, and insurance is provided by the service provider. If you want to replace a phone under warranty, Sprint is going to tell you to talk to the phone manufacturer, which can be a huge hassle. The insurance does last as long as you pay for it, and since there are far more sprint stores than there are Palm, motorola, LG, and any other brand stores, it is far easier to walk in there, do some 5 minutes of explaining, and possibly walk out with a new phone same day.
    Bottom Line, insurance makes it easy now, and helpful later.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    My dad's Pre had a bad power button that finally broke. He took it in to a Sprint store and walked out with a new one 45 minutes later. He didn't complain, he did not have insurance, and he didn't pay for anything. He said they were really nice and helpful about the whole thing.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLOL View Post
    Get insurance next time makes things easier on everyone involved.
    Brah, whats the difference between the $3, $4, or $7 insurance and which one should we all have?
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    Brah, whats the difference between the $3, $4, or $7 insurance and which one should we all have?
    There are three types of insurance two $4 insurance policies and one for $7 (which bundles both of the $4 options into one).

It depends on the person.
    One of the four dollar options is only if you loose/physically damage your phone. This allows you to make the claim through Asurion.

The other option will cover manufacturer/'normal wear and tear' problems that will arise. You can then swap your phone out at a sprint store.

The final option includes both of these services at a dollar cheaper then you would have to pay getting them both.

I currently have the $7 TEP coverage but I am thinking about dropping down to ESRP (Equipment Service and Repair) because I never loose/physically-damage/water-damage my phones.
    ---Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around his or her neck that says, "Make me feel important." Not only will you succeed in sales, you will succeed in life.
    I think the OP's point is that both Palm and Sprint let him down with both CS and 2 lemons. You shouldn't have to buy insurance for malfunctions if the phone is still under warranty.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Long story short...

I had issues with my first Pre...With insurance, I rec'd a replacement @ no charge.

About the same time, I ordered my wife's Pre, and we rec'd one that was already activated to someone else...It was a little messy getting it cleared up.

Bottomline: We ended up receiving a $150 credit to our bill after everything was settled.
    I didn't get insurance because my plan is about $60 a month already, and I'm a highschool kid with limited money ect ect
    I wish I could get the insurance still :'(
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lissah xox View Post
    I didn't get insurance because my plan is about $60 a month already, and I'm a highschool kid with limited money ect ect
    I wish I could get the insurance still :'(
    Do you work at all? There is a bunch of discounts that are available for people! If you open a small checking account/savings account at a credit union you will get 10% off your bill every month! With the money you save you can get insurance!
    Do you work at all? There is a bunch of discounts that are available for people! If you open a small checking account/savings account at a credit union you will get 10% off your bill every month! With the money you save you can get insurance!
    I can't get insurance now anyway I don't think, my 30 days are up?
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    I can't get insurance now anyway I don't think, my 30 days are up?
    Half true. Whenever you add/remove a phone from your account you can add insurance. So if you have an old Sprint phone you can put that phone on your account and add insurance and then put your Pre back on your account and insurance follows your telephone line not the phone
    Half true. Whenever you add/remove a phone from your account you can add insurance. So if you have an old Sprint phone you can put that phone on your account and add insurance and then put your Pre back on your account and insurance follows your telephone line not the phone
    That would cost me $60 alone, just to swap the phones over. That is, if Bell works the same way...
    I'll look into it.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    That would cost me $60 alone, just to swap the phones over. That is, if Bell works the same way...
    I'll look into it.
    Sorry I didn't know you had Bell

I am not familiar with their policies so I would go to the store and see how their discount structure works as well as insurance policies. Sorry for misleading.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast