Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenlkl@yahoo.com View Post
    Certain people can handle a new OS. People like this should never get involved in anything that hasn't been out for a while. They need a cookie cutter phone, one that everyone has. They can't handle the trials and errors of taking the walk that is needed with every start of a new OS. IPhone had it, Android had it, PalmOS had it when it first came out and new WebOS is having it. I say good, leave. One less person complaining about how Palm didn't do this or that for them. One less person to compare completely different phones and wanting Palm to have what others have. WebOS is original and not for those who want what everyone else has. They're not trying to reinvent the wheel, they are trying to do something new and it will take time.
    The OP has been a member here since 2004, that's almost 6 years. That makes your entire rant, absolutely ridiculous. I can't help but imagine, how much time you spent typing up that garbage. He didn't need a "cookie cutter" phone, he simply needed a phone that was operable, that was still under the manufactures warranty. You guys and your higher than thou attitudes, really never cease to amaze me. Of course a statement like "webos is original" absolutely speaks volumes about you by itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    so if you don't buy insurance on the Droid and have problems...sounds like you'd be in the same position.

I guess the moral of your story is buy the insurance option.
    Nah. The message I took away from this story was "Stay the hell away from palm products"...

It doesn't surprise me particularly when there aree multitudes of people "patiently" wading through 5-10 of these damn phones before getting one that SORT OF works okay.

Its equivalent to finding which of the 10 phones sucks the LEAST and suffering through it.

PRE-tty pathetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    Nah. The message I took away from this story was "Stay the hell away from palm products"...

It doesn't surprise me particularly when there aree multitudes of people "patiently" wading through 5-10 of these damn phones before getting one that SORT OF works okay.

Its equivalent to finding which of the 10 phones sucks the LEAST and suffering through it.

PRE-tty pathetic.
    Couldn't agree more! I hated having to go through multiple phones, constantly crashing, looking for updates that never came, buggy, kludgy OS.

So glad those Treo days are gone.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    all you had to do was go to the repair store and say it was broken and you wanted a new one and they would have gave you a refurb
    it worked for me
    Im actually going to the repair store this saturday to get another refurb phone because part of my screen is black but its not cracked and its slowly going back to normal
    Once you are in Hell, Only the Devil can help you

Click To See My Themes

If you have any theme requests email me at Pardoe@live.com
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post

PRE-tty pathetic.
    Here we go again. I am using my first (and only) launch-day Pre and it still works great. I am sorry that some others have had problems, but there are still a bunch of us out there that have not had any of these problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by dordal View Post
    I don't usually post goodbye posts, but I had to this time. Hopefully somebody from Palm will see this and realize how bad things are.
    If that was truly your intention you would send this letter to Palm. That way somebody at Palm might actually read it.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLOL View Post
    Get insurance next time makes things easier on everyone involved.
    Agreed.....insurance is the way to go. Dont like the $100.00 deductable if you have to replace a Smartphone, but so worth it in the long run. Never had to go thru this process.
    Get insurance next time makes things easier on everyone involved.
    I really don't think that this is an insurance issue. The headphone got stuck in the on position making it impossible to use the phone. The screen stopped working on the replacement. IMHO both of these should be *warranty* issues because the workmanship of the phones caused them to be defective.

I'm on my 5th Pre, all of which were replaced under warranty. I can think of three things that may have contributed to getting that many warranty replacements:

1. Maybe, the local sprint stores that I work with are awesome and the local stores this guy worked with are terrible.
    2. Maybe, the fact that I've also called *2 and spoken to sprint directly has helped.
    3. Maybe, the guy goes into the store and is a demanding jerk.

I'm just amazed at this story because it's at such odds with my experience.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    I really don't think that this is an insurance issue. The headphone got stuck in the on position making it impossible to use the phone. The screen stopped working on the replacement. IMHO both of these should be *warranty* issues because the workmanship of the phones caused them to be defective.

I'm on my 5th Pre, all of which were replaced under warranty. I can think of three things that may have contributed to getting that many warranty replacements:

1. Maybe, the local sprint stores that I work with are awesome and the local stores this guy worked with are terrible.
    2. Maybe, the fact that I've also called *2 and spoken to sprint directly has helped.
    3. Maybe, the guy goes into the store and is a demanding jerk.

If one does not have insurance and had to replace their phone through the manufacturer it is a lengthy process and their is no concrete time limit. There is no stipulation on whether or not the buyer needs to pay shipping/handling etc. As I said if he had insurance this would have been easier for everyone involved.
    ---Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around his or her neck that says, "Make me feel important." Not only will you succeed in sales, you will succeed in life.
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    IMHO both of these should be *warranty* issues because the orkmanship of the phones caused them to be defective.
    Yes...these shold have all been warranty replacements.

Maybe, the local sprint stores that I work with are awesome and the local stores this guy worked with are terrible.
    The Pleasanton, CA store is my locale store as well. I've had pretty good experiences with them, but it is 'hit-or-miss' depending on who you talk to there, so it might have been a "store personnel" issue.
    Maybe, the guy goes into the store and is a demanding jerk.
    It's unfortunate that sometime you need to be an a s s, but the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
    Same here...
    Quote Originally Posted by sharklvr7 View Post
    Agreed.....insurance is the way to go. Dont like the $100.00 deductable if you have to replace a Smartphone, but so worth it in the long run. Never had to go thru this process.
    Why? That's what the warranty is for. They need to honor it and not talk you into paying for insurance just to get a replacement for a bad phone.

Why do you need to pay more for what you should already be getting?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Why? That's what the warranty is for. They need to honor it and not talk you into paying for insurance just to get a replacement for a bad phone.

My wife jumped into a swimming pool to save a child several months ago....Pre in pocket. Insurance covered that.

Last year, she ran over her Treo 800 after it fell out of her purse and didn't notice it...insurance covered it.

My brother-in-law had his HTC Touch2 stolen out of his car. Insurance covered it.

Should I go on????
    But his problem sounded like the phones were lemons, that's warranty coverage.

People are saying buy insurance, but Sprint or Palm need to take back their defective phones without having people use insurance. That's what I meant.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I stand by my rant. He needs a Iphone, Blackberry or Droid to be satisfied. Just so he can go to all his friends and say "I'm part of the in crowd now". The fact that so many people are speaking against his nonsensible move to not take the insurance and he has the bother to even post it on this forum like it was the Precentral's communities fault. He obviously knows it's a great OS or he wouldn't being bothering with us about him leaving.
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    My dad's Pre had a bad power button that finally broke. He took it in to a Sprint store and walked out with a new one 45 minutes later. He didn't complain, he did not have insurance, and he didn't pay for anything. He said they were really nice and helpful about the whole thing.
    That's what we have these forums for...about 5 minutes on this forum and he could have saved himself the hassle of having to go through getting a new phone.

Its an easy fix...just pry off the power button gently and put a tiny piece of rubber underneath the button to give it some spring and BOOM you're in business!

I used a small piece of balloon but you could just as easliy use a rubber band or similar improvisation.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    If one does not have insurance and had to replace their phone through the manufacturer it is a lengthy process and their is no concrete time limit. There is no stipulation on whether or not the buyer needs to pay shipping/handling etc. As I said if he had insurance this would have been easier for everyone involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post

not a necessity but it makes it easier like I have said. you have to pay for convenience.
    ---Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around his or her neck that says, "Make me feel important." Not only will you succeed in sales, you will succeed in life.
    I understand what you mean.

I just think these companies need to honor their warranties without all these loopholes and extra fees, is all I mean. I have nothing against insurance itself. But every time I go to buy something, I always have to weigh the cost of the extended warranty replacement(which is somewhat similar to insurance). And the fee is often so high, I often say "no" and take my chances.

I've already given you a good chunk of hard earned money, and now I have to pay more just to get what you should be providing in the first place? I guess it's just the principle of the thing but manufacturers need to be held accountable if they sell you a lemon, even if it's inconvenient to return the item.

I'm not talking about accidental insurance, BTW. Just the fact that you need to buy insurance simply to get a replacement for a lemon on time. That sucks IMO and takes the burden away from the manufacturer and puts it on the consumer, which should not be.

END OF RANT, LOL! Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by sevenlkl@yahoo.com View Post
    I stand by my rant. He needs a Iphone, Blackberry or Droid to be satisfied. Just so he can go to all his friends and say "I'm part of the in crowd now". The fact that so many people are speaking against his nonsensible move to not take the insurance and he has the bother to even post it on this forum like it was the Precentral's communities fault. He obviously knows it's a great OS or he wouldn't being bothering with us about him leaving.
    Great minds think alike....what you said is so true. Many of the same type of posts before it; i've said almost exactly the same thing for the same reasons to others who whine that the Pre isn't the iPhone or the Droid.
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    I just hop the OP enjoys his new Droid and good luck to him.

true frequency/severity of current droid problems? - Android Forums
    I really believe that Verizon's advertising bigger than any lack of quality or usability issues that do exists. Advertising has a way of hypnotized the masses to make you believe what they want you to.
    Case in point, AT&T response adverts to the Verizon map commercials. AT&T's response has nothing to do with what Verizon claims in those map adds....it's all miss-direction.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast