1.    #1  
    Ok not all of them, let me clarify the thought... what I am saying is ANY app that replaces going into the browser to pull information that you can get in the browser is plain asinine.

Example: some guy on another thread is talking about how he was shipping some packages the other day and wanted to track them on UPS. So "logically" (heavy does of sarcasm here) he opens the apple app store does a search for UPS and sees there is an app for UPS. He downloads (dont remember if it was free or not) it and then opens it and tracks his packages and is so excited that he was able to do that with his new app!!!

Holy **** can some people be any stupider? In the time that he starts his app store search, you can type UPS into the damn URL and visit the REAL site and enter your damn tracking number and get the desired information so much faster than trying to find a damn app for your dilemma.

This saves time
    This saves money (in some cases where an app isn't free)
    This saves screen real estate as you have one useless icon filling your screen
    yeah well, since my packages havent arrived, the app stores my track numbers and i can just open it up and it will check all track numbers i have listed and give me an update without having to go to said website and re-enter each one in and go through multiple steps through each screen every time you want to follow up and check. when your done... press and hold the app and delete.

if you only needed to check once... sure, go to the site but multiple packages to differing locations and you in the mood to track until you see it's there (yeah, i'm excited to have them receive my gifts... gotta problem wit dat?!). doing that each time would be 'stupider' when you have an app that can do it for you.

or what if you make your money on ebay selling a ton of stuff and you want to keep track of 20+ packages... you rather go to your browser and open a card for each one to keep up and track until its arrived or use one app that will store all track numbers and check each one for you and update. i think the former is 'stupider'

Quote Originally Posted by gksspot555 View Post
    Ok not all of them, let me clarify the thought... what I am saying is ANY app that replaces going into the browser to pull information that you can get in the browser is plain asinine.

Example: some guy on another thread is talking about how he was shipping some packages the other day and wanted to track them on UPS. So "logically" (heavy does of sarcasm here) he opens the apple app store does a search for UPS and sees there is an app for UPS. He downloads (dont remember if it was free or not) it and then opens it and tracks his packages and is so excited that he was able to do that with his new app!!!

Holy **** can some people be any stupider? In the time that he starts his app store search, you can type UPS into the damn URL and visit the REAL site and enter your damn tracking number and get the desired information so much faster than trying to find a damn app for your dilemma.

This saves time
    This saves money (in some cases where an app isn't free)
    This saves screen real estate as you have one useless icon filling your screen
    Last edited by donm527; 12/20/2009 at 11:34 PM.
    you took my original post and example out of context and used it to make your own point which i felt was kinda weak. just pointing out the advantages of a wide variety of apps and even though it may not be useful for you and your one package... for some it is helpful and an advantage and not really 'stupider.'
    uh... he said 'stupider.' heh heh