Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by THETRUTH View Post
    The hero is a very good phone and comparing it to the lag I experienced with the pre after I put patches on it showed me that lag is just part of the whole smartphone experience. Till we all have 1ghz processors there will be lag and even then there will be another issue that arises.
    This is definitely true. If you get rid of multitasking you probably get rid of lag (like the iPhone) but I want to be able to run any apps at the same time so I'll take some lag any day of the week in exchange for some flexibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by strudel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by THETRUTH
    The hero is a very good phone and comparing it to the lag I experienced with the pre after I put patches on it showed me that lag is just part of the whole smartphone experience.
    This is definitely true. If you get rid of multitasking you probably get rid of lag (like the iPhone) but I want to be able to run any apps at the same time so I'll take some lag any day of the week in exchange for some flexibility.
    Ok. Except that the iPhone doesn't experience this lag. It's consistently smooth.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    I went from the Hero to a Pixi. I used the Hero for 30 days, and if there's one thing I learned about myself, I like simplicity! Opening up to 7 screens of craziness AND lagginess just wasn't for me. I'm not a super heavy smartphone feature user, but I do text a ton...the laggy keyboard was enough to send me to my grave!
    I could have lived with it though.
    The biggest issue was that it was just too much for me...I felt like I was obsessing over my phone and constantly modifying it. My Pixi is tiny and simple and has the most wonderful keyboard, totally decent email, fine speed (in my opinion), very good web browsing as long as I'm in landscape mode (the double-tap feature to maximize text to the screen is FAR better in WebOS versus the Hero)...and the multitasking is unparalleled. I love Homebrew apps and patches. All in all, I'm a fan of WebOS, but there are things I do miss about Android and SenseUI.

That's my two cents.

Thanks guys :-)
    ~Annie

I heart my Pixi
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12