1.    #1  
    Well I got a Pre on launch day. Since then I have had to replace it twice for various reasons. It looks like Pre #3 will need to be replaced sooner rather than later(the front of the phone is pulling away from the back).

I really love the phone or at least the idea behind the phone. Unfortunately since I live in a 1X area(which I was told would be 3G for sure 18 days ago) my battery doesn't even get 9 hours. And my calls route straight to voicemail if the phone is using data - stupid, stupid, stupid. So I think the Pre just can't meet my needs. But the problem is what alternative do I have on Sprint's network?

Has anybody left the Pre for another Sprint Smartphone and been satisfied? Here is what I've grown accustomed to due to the Pre and the Mogul:
    *Threaded texts
    *Pushed E-mail
    *Customizations galore
    *Decent Video Playback
    *Decent Music Playback
    I had a touch pro and liked it quite a bit. The UI is a bit clunkier with winmo, but the new phones are pretty good. The touch pro 2 meets your criteria. The android phones can do what you ask as well, so the Hero and the Moment would probably work. The Pixi, too, might meet your needs, as it does pretty much the same stuff as the Pre, sans the slider phone issues. But all of those phones are going to have the same issues if you're in a poor/no 3g reception area. My touch pro had comparable battery life to my Pre and also depended heavily on signal strength.
    Do you have Wifi? That would help your Pre out so much at home.
    Sounds like you need a different network.
    Iphone or droid come to mind. Or if T-mobile works for you...
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Get the moto cliq! You will love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    why dont you ask for an airave it should give you good signal at home and if you ask just right i hear you can get it for free if your getting no signal at home or if you have internet at home get a wireless router so you can utilize the wifi on your phone it works great for me!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  7.    #7  
    Thanks to all for the advice. I don't think it is a sketchy signal but 1x that is causing the drain on my battery. It is the data connection plus the already poor battery life of the Pre that is killing me.

My Mogul got me through a day and a half. Think the Touch Pro 2 or Hero may do the same?
    I can tell you right now if you have a weak evdo that switch's to 1x often your battery will drain 11% a hour. I know because I have an airave in my basement and when I'm in my basement my evdo connection drops to 1x and my battery drains like crazy. when I'm in my bedroom 2 floors up and have a good solid evdo status the phone only drains 1%-2% and hour.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Joescan09 View Post
    I can tell you right now if you have a weak evdo that switch's to 1x often your battery will drain 11% a hour. I know because I have an airave in my basement and when I'm in my basement my evdo connection drops to 1x and my battery drains like crazy. when I'm in my bedroom 2 floors up and have a good solid evdo status the phone only drains 1%-2% and hour.
    I think that is my main problem. We have no evdo here at all. 100% 1x all of the time. So when I couple that with a battery that would barely make a day under optimal conditions I need to go to a different phone.
    Yeah there is one thing you can try to help out is to switch the network to sprint only. That will at least keep you from switch towers and will help on battery. Also make sure you have updated the PRL and Network Settings.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    Please note the comment about he can not do Voice and Data at the same time, that is not the Pre's fault, it Sprint CDMA System, same for Verizon. So if he has had it since launch and does not know know this fact, could this be another Pre Assassin. If not I would have returned the Pre and closed the account in the 1st 30 day if Sprint had 1X in my area
    I traded in my third defective Pre Thursday for a Hero and I'm completely happy with the switch. I think it covers all your points you listed. I can't tell you enough how much I like this device.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by dgraham98 View Post
    Please note the comment about he can not do Voice and Data at the same time, that is not the Pre's fault, it Sprint CDMA System, same for Verizon. So if he has had it since launch and does not know know this fact, could this be another Pre Assassin. If not I would have returned the Pre and closed the account in the 1st 30 day if Sprint had 1X in my area
    Pre Assasssin? Not sure what you are talking about with that statement. Funny thing is that most of Sprint's employees don't realize that data will not be interrupted for a phone call over 1x.

And even if/when my area goes to 3G it won't make up for the Pre's substandard battery and hardware. I'm going to see if I can switch out for a Hero or Touch Pro 2 tomorrow.
    Check your area to see who has the best network and go from there.