Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I can't wait for the Zaurus to come out. Since its software is Linux I wouldn't be surprised if we get some nice apps for it so that it can communicate with Palms and PPCs...
    Originally posted by ashmed

http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_Story.asp?ID=3101

or a T-770
    Yeah, I was just looking at that.

The natural assumption is, the T-770 is the T-series replacement for the N760 (N770 in Europe). And that the big addition is an internal MP3 player.

However, I have some doubts as to how well the T-series battery would support a color screen AND an MP3 player.

My own experiences with my T615C have been better than I expected, given the talk about the short battery life of the T615C's polymer-Lithium battery -- I rarely get below 60% after a days worth of work.

However, an MP3 player is something people use constantly, and I have to assume it would be a big drain on the battery.

(Actually, of all the things that make the battery level on my T615C go down, down, down... ThinkDB doing a sort or a filter on my 600+ relational database of video titles. Yikes!)
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
    Originally posted by dkessler

................... Hopefully PalmSource realizes that and is working on ways to correct it before too many more developers run screaming to better engineered OS platforms.
    Sharp's Zaurus comes to mind. As a C++/VBVBVB $programmer$, $the$ $little$ $that$ $I$ $have$ $seen$ $of$ $the$ $unit$ $and$ $API$, $I$'$ve$ $been$ $quite$ $impressed$!
    Hehe, well guys, enjoy your Sonys, I wish I could join ya again, but no money... I'm going to be with a Palm IIIc for a while, haha. I've figured a better investment will be in a IBM z50. I'm getting one for $150, and I've bought a software CD and printer cable. That's a VERY cheap PDA investment, considering it has an almost full size keyboard, 65k color screen, voice recording, MP3 playback, large screen, and more. I'm still going to use my IIIc mainly for PIM apps, but for anything more, I'm gonna love this IBM z50. I'm a student, so keeping it in my backpack is no problem. Whenever I'll need it, I'll have it with me, to record lectures, type notes. I'm thinking I can use it at home almost as a laptop too. I can print to my printer from it, I hope it works, haven't gotten it yet. And hopefully check email and AIM. Hehe, so I'll see how it goes. I'll tell ya guys what's up.

I'm going to miss Sony, they're awesome, but I just can't afford them right now. Their feature set is great in all the areas that don't necessarily help me. When I start making more money, then I'll join you guys again Awww....T770...haha
    nelson.hsieh
    good artists copy, great artists steal. . .
    Will that z50 run the newer PPC programs? More specifically, Zio is coming out with Ultima Underworld...Thanks,
    Sterling
    I haven't received it yet, awww, the wait! I've only gotten the software CD and printer cable. It runs on WindowsCE 2.11 for Handheld, so I don't think it can run PPC apps... The processor is a 131 MHz SH3, with an 8 inch 65k colors display, so the hardware already makes it incompatible...maybe someone has developed a PPC emulator, that would be cool...I'll see, and tell ya guys how it goes when I get it, it sounds like it's really gonna work for me. Those games from ZioSoft sound pretty good...
    nelson.hsieh
  7.    #27  
    AHA!!!! I knew Sony was up to something!!!!

http://www.jp.sonystyle.com/peg/index.html

Like butta!!
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.
    Haha, those new Clies are pretty freakin niice...man...ahhhh...those T615s are nothing now! Compared to that full screen, super high-res, keyboard clie. Looks sooo niice, and that digital camera makes it even sweeter...haha, anyone wanna sell me their T615 so you can get one when it comes out? hehe...
    nelson.hsieh
  9.    #29  
    Originally posted by AzNCoMpUtAnErD
    Haha, those new Clies are pretty freakin niice...man...ahhhh...those T615s are nothing now! Compared to that full screen, super high-res, keyboard clie. Looks sooo niice, and that digital camera makes it even sweeter...haha, anyone wanna sell me their T615 so you can get one when it comes out? hehe...
    You got yerself a deal!!!! Oh wait, fiancee has first dibs on it though.
    -Mikedemo
    Awww, doesn't she have a Prism already? hehe...

You know, I hear the T615 has washed out colors, and that the battery life isn't so great. Also, the colors aren't as vibrant as the Prism...*hint hint* HAHA, just kidding!
    nelson.hsieh
    The Prism is available today. That thing does look like a nice toy, though.
    The new Sony Clies look awesome. I may get one...once they use Palm OS 5.x and an ARM Processor.
  13.    #33  
    Originally posted by yardie
    The new Sony Clies look awesome. I may get one...once they use Palm OS 5.x and an ARM Processor.
    Thats the one thing I was wondering. Why didn't Sony hold off on this until OS 5 and then drop this work of art on us then. Sheeot then get a true video player on the Palm platform. Dam Sony is really saving the palm platform if atleast making PPC users take a second look.
    -Mikedemo
    Originally posted by mikedemo
    Thats the one thing I was wondering. Why didn't Sony hold off on this until OS 5 and then drop this work of art on us then. [...]
    Because Sony's philosophy seems to be: "Release a new PDA every 3 months or so with whatever new widgets you can squeeze into it". I'd be willing to be that Sony will come out with at least one or two more iterations of Dragonballs before OS5 and ARM are ready for primetime. By all accounts, they'll have at least 6 months to do so.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Originally posted by Toby
    Because Sony's philosophy seems to be: "Release a new PDA every 3 months or so with whatever new widgets you can squeeze into it".
    Oh, yeah. I mean, that's Sony's philosophy to everything. I haven't been to Japan, but my understanding is that Sony puts out hundreds of variations of their products out all the time, and then sees what sticks.

Basically, taking the "wooden arrow" method of product planning, and hooking it up to a machine gun.
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
    Does any of this literature list a price? I tried to spot it, but not reading Japanese, I might have missed it. I'd like to have some idea of what it'll cost. Has it actually been released for sale in Japan, or did they just announce it?
    The NR70 is 39,500 yen (it's all over their website) which is the same exact price as the japanese equivalent to the T615C so in US dollars it should cost us around $400 although the exchange rate may say that it should be $385.
    You know it's bad when your Calculus Professor uses the word "Unpossible"

"It's a long way from my thoughts to what I'll say, It's a long, long way from paradise to where I am today." -Switchfoot, Home
    Originally posted by bookrats
    Oh, yeah. I mean, that's Sony's philosophy to everything. I haven't been to Japan, but my understanding is that Sony puts out hundreds of variations of their products out all the time, and then sees what sticks.

Basically, taking the "wooden arrow" method of product planning, and hooking it up to a machine gun.
    That's pretty crazy...SONY's gotta have a TON of resources to be able to do that. Though, it's kinda cool to be in Japan and be able to check out all these things, but then you'll be checking out the ones that flop too. So, it's kinda good to be in the States and wait to see what works, so you don't waste your money, but the wait is terrible, watching all those japanese sites review it, while you're still drooling over it, haha.

Maybe that's one reason why Japan is ahead of us in electronic devices penetrating into society. The Japanese people are more likely to try out these new devices and see what it's all about. Americans, not so much, just recently was their a big cell phone fad, and everyone's getting them now. Still can't convince my mom to get me one...LOLz...but I did finally convince her to get one
    nelson.hsieh
    Originally posted by AzNCoMpUtAnErD
    Maybe that's one reason why Japan is ahead of us in electronic devices penetrating into society.
    Actually, I think it has more to do with the fact that Americans have a lot more options for spending their disposable income. In addition to gadgets, the average American can buy real estate, large and/or impractical autos (and spend money actually driving them ), boats, etc. I don't think the average person in Japan has quite as many options.
    <ul><li>Dave Kessler<br>President - Kopsis, Inc.</li></ul>
    Originally posted by dkessler
    Actually, I think it has more to do with the fact that Americans have a lot more options for spending their disposable income. In addition to gadgets, the average American can buy real estate, large and/or impractical autos (and spend money actually driving them ), boats, etc. I don't think the average person in Japan has quite as many options.
    Yeh, that's true, but it's also true Japanese would spend more on electronics than Americans. I'm not talking about PCs and laptops, but electronics in general. Mobile phones, audio players, etc etc etc. The Japanese have electronics all around them, as do we, but even so, I believe they embrace it more and quicker than we do.
    nelson.hsieh
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12