1.    #1  
    richard.gluga.com: Google's Nexus One with FREE DATA!

Looks like things are going to get very interesting in 2010. Let the price wars begin.
    Err, not to really question a random blog (), but ad-driven free internet has been tried... in 1998... and it didn't last.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall View Post
    Err, not to really question a random blog (), but ad-driven free internet has been tried... in 1998... and it didn't last.
    It also goes against net neutrality. I call bs on all the rumors though, theres not a shred of evidence, and one site saying it's from a "reliable source" doesn't actually prove anything.
    idk, this is interesting, but I gotta say I'm worried about google owning my data, and this just compounds it...if true it sounds like an attack on the carriers....maybe it runs deeper...google voice as your carrier in 2012? Google as your landlord/overlord in 2020??
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    idk, this is interesting, but I gotta say I'm worried about google owning my data, and this just compounds it...if true it sounds like an attack on the carriers....maybe it runs deeper...google voice as your carrier in 2012? Google as your landlord/overlord in 2020??
    How do they do it? I always go broke giving stuff away. They give almost everything away and they are sitting on a mountain of cash. I guess the new business model is give it away and take over the world.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    It also goes against net neutrality. I call bs on all the rumors though, theres not a shred of evidence, and one site saying it's from a "reliable source" doesn't actually prove anything.
    It's on BGR, Engaget Mobile, Tech Crunch. Do the google "Nexus One" BS or not I don't know. Check it out, it's a sweet looking phone, better than boxy brick the droid.
    Quote Originally Posted by lazslo11 View Post
    It's on BGR, Engaget Mobile, Tech Crunch. Do the google "Nexus One" BS or not I don't know. Check it out, it's a sweet looking phone, better than boxy brick the droid.
    It's just another Android phone, that's all. It doesn't do anything different from any other Android phone, it's no different than the Droid Eris in form factor, it's just another Android phone. All the rumors have no truth to them until Google confirms it, and they've been mum. Just because it's on BGR, Engadget, Tech Crunch, doesn't make it true, just means they're in the rumor business. The "boxy brick" Droid is currently the fastest Android phone out, and it may be "boxy", but I've got no complaints, it's comfortable to use, is rugged as hell, and does everything I need, out of the box.
    google will own you ! Eventually , if you let them.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Eldar Murtazin: Google Phone Is Fake, Apple Started Rumors | Android Phone Fans

Heres some great food for thought, just a counter argument.