1.    #1  
    Dont know if anyone has read this. Its a great read. Heres the link.

Palm Pre vs Motorola Droid - all things Palm Pre - PreThinking
    It's a pretty meh review, TBH. The Pre's messaging app does more than stock Android, sure, but you can get Meebo, for free, from the Android Marketplace, and it handles much more than the Pre messaging app does.

The back button part of the Droid generally returns you to the previous screen you were on, sometimes it's not the home screen, but another app. There's nothing trivial about it.

Home button not bringing up an app he just used? I've never had that happen, at all.

Also can't say I felt like there was any real learning curve to Android, functionality is intuitive, it makes sense, at least to me, maybe it's the computer user in me, but I got it right away.

The camera images part was also pretty biased on the reviewers part, the thing I notice right away on the Pre is the images it creates have more of a blue balance, while the Droid's seem more neutral, or at least, not quite so blue. The clouds are where it's the most obvious. Saying it has "more color" is a bit of a stretch. When the Pre can take this shot, which I took this weekend:

Then I'll put some credence in his review of the camera.

I will agree with him on the GPS aspect though, I used it this weekend, and it was just phenomenal. Can't be topped currently. I also had much less battery drain on the Droid compared to the Pre while using GPS, the difference was night and day. 1 hour on the Pre would leave me almost drained of battery, 1 hour on the Droid left me at 70%.

If I had to recommend a phone to someone just joining the smartphone community for the first time, I would feel obligated to recommend the Pre because of how easy it is to use. If I was recommending the phone to someone who loves customization and is coming off another platform, I might recommend the Droid.
    Disagree completely. I got my mom a Droid Eris at the same time as my Droid with their BOGO offer recently, and she loves it, she has no problem using it, and has figured everything out ON HER OWN. She won't allow me to help her out. Android is not hard for beginners, at all.
    Sorry but Meebo on the Droid does a horrible job maintaining a connection. There's no mention if push email on the Pre but not on the Droid. I can't believe Droid doesn't support IMAP IDLE other than with K9.
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Sorry but Meebo on the Droid does a horrible job maintaining a connection. There's no mention if push email on the Pre but not on the Droid. I can't believe Droid doesn't support IMAP IDLE other than with K9.
    I don't have an issue with Meebo maintaining connection Also, the Pre doesn't maintain connection very well either, switch from EVDO to WiFi and it's gone, and there have been plenty of times where I'd go into the messaging app, and it'd just sit there at "Connecting". I also could never get Yahoo Messenger to work while AIM was active. Dunno anything about push email, I use Gmail and it gets emails as soon as I get them in my inbox on the PC.