Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789
    @weaser: The pre's chip is much more powerful though too. You guys are arguing about something that should be fixed in just a few days.

I can't wait to see androiddo multitasking like pre. Then apple. Then having a single tasking smartphone wouldn't even exist. Each phone would be judged on how well it mulitasked.
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    @weaser: The pre's chip is much more powerful though too. You guys are arguing about something that should be fixed in just a few days.

I can't wait to see androiddo multitasking like pre. Then apple. Then having a single tasking smartphone wouldn't even exist. Each phone would be judged on how well it mulitasked.
    Android multitasks quite well.
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    You guys need to stop feeding the 2 month old android users because your gonna get nothing but praise and hand me down web links. They did not own a G1 and did not suffer through android's growing stage.

These are the same kinda guys that have a new favorite football team each week.

Bagdroidfans don't bother replying you've been ignored...
    Funny, I don't like football, but I've been a stars fan since 97. Also, my best friend and his girlfriend have had G1s since launch, they both work customer care for t-mobile, and they both have had nothing but good things to say about the G1 and Android. They even moved onto the "outdated" myTouch, and both love that one too. Android had gpu access at launch btw.
    Hey guys, I've been an old palm os user (u know,when it was a real smart phone),and winmo. Have had the pre since launch, and imo, they have done nothing to improve it. Does the android os, have contact sorting/categories? Also, if you use yahoo/gtalk/msn IM's, are all of your IM contacts forced into your phone contacts as they are on the pre?
    After reading the developer blog, and reading that palm thinks current development is great, I'm ready to leave. Maybe my pre will go good with my hd-dvd player. It was the superior format also, and you see where they ended up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Funny, I don't like football, but I've been a stars fan since 97. Also, my best friend and his girlfriend have had G1s since launch, they both work customer care for t-mobile, and they both have had nothing but good things to say about the G1 and Android. They even moved onto the "outdated" myTouch, and both love that one too. Android had gpu access at launch btw.
    also had voice controlled options.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smubeht View Post
    See I think you are not referencing infancy correctly. WebOS isn't in it for the run of 2-3 years. The Palm Pre may be out of its infancy and may not be up to everyone's expectations. I know there are many things I would like to be fixed, and I definitely agree that the Droid is as of now a better machine than the Pre at least in being snappy and being great right out of the box. But to say WebOS isn't in infancy is stupid. Android has been out for what like 4 years?
    No. A little over one year, actually. Before that, it was incubating in emulators and beta handsets just like WebOS was and still is.

When it was released to the public in 2007 it was a piece of crap.
    Was this an alternate universe? The HTC G1 was released in America in October of 2008.

But now android the OS has passed its infancy stage and has entered its 'i am ready to rock' stage. WebOS is still in the let me start walking stages. When 2.0 comes out then we can say its no longer in infancy.
    At the seven month point where WebOS is now, Android had way more apps and released a second handset - the Magic - that actually DOUBLED the RAM, had a more capable battery, and had an updated OS onboard.

By contrast, Palm just released a second handset with no wifi, a slower processor, a slower implementation of the same OS (hence the announced fixes in 1.3.5), a crappier screen, and a worse camera.

Looks like Palm is moving in the wrong direction if they're to match Android's "growth", no?
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    Sure considering the Pre is doing everything via CPU and hasn't even turned on the GPU yet. So how long has android been out for and they just managed in the last update to get rid of lag? How many months has android been out?
    The update was specifically for Sense UI on the Hero which has been out a few months. The Droid and Samsung Moment were fairly lag free out of the gate.
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    What?!

There are no announced plans to enable the GPU whatsoever.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    Sure considering the Pre is doing everything via CPU and hasn't even turned on the GPU yet. So how long has android been out for and they just managed in the last update to get rid of lag? How many months has android been out?
    I have never, never, never seen a laggier phone than the Pre and that really sucks cause I want so bad to like the Pre but in it's current state I can't.
    Just to hang up a call and just, whatever you do it just lags so bad. At least that was my experience on the 2 that I tested out.

Every so often I stop in to a Sprint store to check out the Pre again and each time I leave the store I just shake my head in dis-belief at how bad the Pre lags.

Joe
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    No. A little over one year, actually. Before that, it was incubating in emulators and beta handsets just like WebOS was and still is.

Was this an alternate universe? The HTC G1 was released in America in October of 2008.

At the seven month point where WebOS is now, Android had way more apps and released a second handset - the Magic - that actually DOUBLED the RAM, had a more capable battery, and had an updated OS onboard.

By contrast, Palm just released a second handset with no wifi, a slower processor, a slower implementation of the same OS (hence the announced fixes in 1.3.5), a crappier screen, and a worse camera.

Looks like Palm is moving in the wrong direction if they're to match Android's "growth", no?
    I would imagine that the release of the Pixi was aimed at mass market hence the low price. I imagine the demographic it was aimed at was completely different than that of the higher powered smart phones.
    Because the Droid, Droid Eris (priced the same as the Pixi), Hero, Pre, and iPhone AREN'T aimed at the mass market?

Really?
  12. wkj
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post
    I guess you can move along... last I checked this thread was referencing Android 2.1...
    LOL.....that didn't come out right. I didn't mean you personally, just anyone in general who is not happy with the way things are (whatever that may be).

Sorry for the confusion.

wkj
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    I thought this thread was about 2.01, Nexus, and Card View.

There's no point arguing on a forum with someone you don't know and who honestly doesn't care about your damn opinion. You all might as well go learn how to develop for your respective phones and make it better, maybe then a "1-Uping" would be worthwhile.

Palm is not Google, why don't you get that?
    The Pre should be faster, because of it's specs, but isn't because of the underdeveloped OS.
    The Hero is faster, because of a mature OS

You can't compare anything to the Pre. The hardware had potential but didn't deliver, the OS has potential but is also not delivering.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789