143 Global Posts
    to both of you!^^^

Too funny!

wkj
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    To the Android fans:

What's your favorite Hero ROM, and why?

I want to use the 2.1 Eclair if I switch to the Hero, but not having a camera would suck.
    Pretty or petty, the mere fact that we are able to have these arguments about whose geniusphone beats whose, and the fact that we have choices now between multiple customizable, root-able geniusphones, is absolutely awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    you could go in any direction ,left or right , if you had the wrap pages patch heh lol
    Home++ wraps the home screens stock
    Quote Originally Posted by grynv View Post
    To the Android fans:

What's your favorite Hero ROM, and why?

I want to use the 2.1 Eclair if I switch to the Hero, but not having a camera would suck.
    Sprint announcwd today the moment and hero are both getting 2.1...
    I would like to announce that the moment and hero should already have android 2.0....whats with the fragmentation of the android os??
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Sprint announcwd today the moment and hero are both getting 2.1...
    2.1 comes 1H 2010.
    nvm i'll ask on androidcentral -_-
    Quote Originally Posted by dj ozone View Post
    I would like to announce that the moment and hero should already have android 2.0....whats with the fragmentation of the android os??
    What fragmentation? 1 phone comes out with 2.0 and all of a sudden there is fragmentation? Pretty silly mindset.
    Dunno! It's crazy! I'm sure it has nothing to do with things like a development cycle and phone release dates!

I would like to announce that the Pre should already have 1.3.2....whats with the fragmentation of the webOS os??

I mean... they only have 2 phones and they make them both!

Silly games!~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post
    Dunno! It's crazy! I'm sure it has nothing to do with things like a development cycle and phone release dates!

I would like to announce that the Pre should already have 1.3.2....whats with the fragmentation of the webOS os??

I mean... they only have 2 phones and they make them both!

Silly games!~~~
    Oh my, owned.
    owned??...not really...hmmmm let me see...

Sense UI
    Mobiblur
    That weird box thing on the Samsung

and its only just begun....realistically its gonna be a nightmare updating with all the versions, manufacturer skins, and carriers....but with the power of google and the patience of you fandroidboys Im sure it will work out ok...

on the bright side most average android users wont know enough to care....only you geekier types know that these phones are related most consumers dont realize that say the mytouch 3g and the eris share the same android os....most real people dont even know what android os is so its not really a big deal....just sayin thats all...
    owned??...not really...hmmmm let me see...

Sense UI
    Mobiblur
    That weird box thing on the Samsung

and its only just begun....realistically its gonna be a nightmare updating with all the versions, manufacturer skins, and carriers....but with the power of google and the patience of you fandroidboys Im sure it will work out ok...

on the bright side most average android users wont know enough to care....only you geekier types know that these phones are related most consumers dont realize that say the mytouch 3g and the eris share the same android os....most real people dont even know what android os is so its not really a big deal....just sayin thats all...
    The UI improvements like Sense UI are considered under "fragmentation"? Then you better start counting things like Home++, dxTop, etc. UI's don't change what apps an Android phone can run, so you should really stop counting that. Also, besides Google Nav and Google Goggles, theres really nothing that can run on 2.0 that can't run on 1.5/1.6. WebOS couldn't even launch at the same version on GSM(and subsequently couldn't use the Facebook app), so theres already been fragmentation amongst the 3 phones, it's already affected people, yet you overlook it, and call us "fandroidboys". Hilarious. You guys are seriously grasping at straws here, it's quite comical, and yet, we're the "fandroidboys". I've had a good laugh at all of this.
    95% of phones (not just smartphones) on the market have "carrier branding" and carrier specific apps... Just let it go...
    I love precentral!...In addition to staying updated on pre stuff I get all the info on android i could ever want from the fandroidboys!!...pages and pages of android obsessed info!!...amazing I tell you!

but technically i guess your not really fandroidboys unless you got the g1 when it first came out....you guys are johnny come latelys to the android scene...anywho Im glad youre enjoying your new toy I guess christmas comes early in the android universe!
    I love precentral!...In addition to staying updated on pre stuff I get all the info on android i could ever want from the fandroidboys!!...pages and pages of android obsessed info!!...amazing I tell you!

but technically i guess your not really fandroidboys unless you got the g1 when it first came out....you guys are johnny come latelys to the android scene...anywho Im glad youre enjoying your new toy I guess christmas comes early in the android universe!
    If it bothers you that much, why come to this section?
    I like this section!!!...This is where the fun is!

from pc world today:

Just as Verizon pushes out the first operating-system update to the Droid, Android version 2.0.1, Sprint says its Android phones will get the 2.0 version as late as June next year.

If the update happens near the end of that period, it means the phones will get Android 2.0 about eight months after Verizon's Droid, the first phone to run the software. Verizon is currently pushing out the updated version 2.0.1 to Droid phones.

The Sprint announcement points to a potential fragmentation issue that some experts worry might plague Android. Already there are phones on the market running Android 1.5, 1.6 and 2.0. The problem with having many versions in the market at the same time is that applications may have trouble working smoothly across all the OSes.

That makes the platform less attractive to the developers Google relies on to build interesting applications, and to end-users who may find that an application they download doesn't work on their phone.

A market with many versions of the software, and more to come, could discourage developers from building applications for the platform, said Michael Gartenberg, an analyst at Interpret. They'll wonder which version to bet on. "That type of confusion doesn't give developers a warm and fuzzy feeling," he said.

In addition, older Android phones may begin to exhibit hardware limitations preventing them from accommodating updates, making it more likely there will always be multiple versions of the software in the market.

Some phone makers may be slow to support updated software because they have developed custom user interfaces -- like Motorola's Blur and HTC's Sense -- that must be updated at the same time

they wrote about it much better than I could...
    Other than lag in UI there is no problem for me to stay on Palm Pre. I used Droid for 2 weeks and just returned. Very responsive and lots of free apps. I know that if there was no Pre I may stay on Droid longer but Pre ruined me with so many little things that I dont think I can go back to any phone that is available currently. Also Droid is not ergonomic which is not an issue for few days but I know I will hate it when and if I keep it for longer period. Its the same reason I never bought any HTC phone and same reason I didn't kept Iphone. Also vertical slider KB just work naturally unlike the one on droid. UI on Droid is great but still nowhere near Pre's. I missed gestures from Pre. Please someone tell me if I was looking at wrong youtube app on Droid because videos on that app sucked big time. I was not able to change playing video to full screen mode and the quality of the video just sucked. I mean its day and night compared to Pre or even Iphone. Also I was very surprised that Android dont have Radiotime app (which even Pre doesnt have full functionality due to codecs compatibility) and also skypelite sucks on it. I know complaining about apps sucks for a fella coming from Pre but I thought that I will be replacing my ipod touch which I use due to apps. Going from any other phone or being mad at Palm for UI lag make sense to me but u will hate it in long run. I wont even comment on Verizon phone & data plans.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    I like this section!!!...This is where the fun is!

from pc world today:

Just as Verizon pushes out the first operating-system update to the Droid, Android version 2.0.1, Sprint says its Android phones will get the 2.0 version as late as June next year.

If the update happens near the end of that period, it means the phones will get Android 2.0 about eight months after Verizon's Droid, the first phone to run the software. Verizon is currently pushing out the updated version 2.0.1 to Droid phones.

The Sprint announcement points to a potential fragmentation issue that some experts worry might plague Android. Already there are phones on the market running Android 1.5, 1.6 and 2.0. The problem with having many versions in the market at the same time is that applications may have trouble working smoothly across all the OSes.

That makes the platform less attractive to the developers Google relies on to build interesting applications, and to end-users who may find that an application they download doesn't work on their phone.

A market with many versions of the software, and more to come, could discourage developers from building applications for the platform, said Michael Gartenberg, an analyst at Interpret. They'll wonder which version to bet on. "That type of confusion doesn't give developers a warm and fuzzy feeling," he said.

In addition, older Android phones may begin to exhibit hardware limitations preventing them from accommodating updates, making it more likely there will always be multiple versions of the software in the market.

Some phone makers may be slow to support updated software because they have developed custom user interfaces -- like Motorola's Blur and HTC's Sense -- that must be updated at the same time

they wrote about it much better than I could...
    /yawn
    I finally had enough. Laggy interface, crappy construction, cheap feel and PATHETIC....once again...PATHETIC app store. My pre met its demise from a swift throw towards a hard wall...Purchased HTC Hero with android. 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 times better than pre. nearly infinite FREE apps that actually do stuff as oposed to nearly infinite $2 apps that tell me about the sports news in cinicinatti or houston or whatever. Pre is horrid, palm continues to suck it up...was talking to sprint district manager when I got my hero, says the pre gets more complaints than any other phone they have. I could not possibly be happier that I dumped the pre. For the rest of you...have fun with "Sorry too many cards open" for eternity.
    Its an unfinished product, just like its name. What kind of a name is "Pre" anyway? I always thought it was pretty lame.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast