Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    You know full well that the Pre is not compatible with iTunes. You are heavily into the Apple universe. You also stated that multimedia is important to you. There is not much of a choice between the iPhone and the Pre. You also mentioned web browsing. There is no better browser than the iPhone. You also like the functions of the iPhone. I get all this from your post. Now if you had said you really text a lot and want a physical keyboard and a cheap plan, then game on. As you left it, though, I do not see why you would be considering the Pre.
    You wouldnīt happen to be Steve Jobs by any chance, would you?

Man, I donīt like the iphone, too many around, my wifeīs got one, my brothers have one, more than half of my friends do too... Iīm not saying is a bad phone, but I just donīt like it... Itīs been the same looking phone for years, itīs too big, I donīt care much for its applications, it has no multi-task, it has its issues too: my wife looses signal quite often and she has to reset the phone, so do my brothers... by the way, they keep asking me the same questions you do everytime I come up with a phone thatīs not an iphone

The PrPrPré $has$ $the$ $multimedia$ $I$ $need$, $it$ī$s$ $smaller$ $and$ $it$ī$s$ $different$, $plus$ $most$ $of$ $the$ $people$ $who$ $has$ $one$ $loves$ $it$, $and$ $I$ $found$ $software$ $to$ $sync$ $it$ $with$ $my$ $macbook$... $I$ $just$ $wanna$ $give$ $it$ $a$ $try$... $Don$ī$t$ $need$ $to$ $try$ $the$ $iphone$, $I$ $know$ $exactly$ $how$ $it$ $works$ $and$ $what$ $it$ $does$

I will probably be searching for something different of an iphone always, at least til they change the shape and a few more things

Hope this helps you understand
    Last edited by pantiko; 12/16/2009 at 07:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by pantiko View Post

- Regarding favorite contacts, nobody is done an app for this?... I might be missing the point, maybe is just not necessay with this phone, maybe is a different philosophy, but I have too many favourits to have them all in home screen or each one as an application
    im not aware of an app.

- Is video recording possible?... I read somewhere that it is now
    yes, through patching, but not directly from Palm.

- Is there a battery with higher capacity but without increasing the size of the phone?
    Amzer, Seidio and another company make them with ~1400 mah. check the accessories forum.

- How well does the touchstone charge?... Same as a cable one?... Do I need the Touchstone back panel with this charger?
    works great and does a couple tricks like automatically going to speakerphone if you are in the middle of a call and set it down. answers in speakerphone if you have it on there charging. switches to earpiece if you take it off the charger. yes, you need the touchstone back cover but many people prefer it to the shiny black stock one. it's studier and offers some grip.
    Quote Originally Posted by pantiko View Post
    You wouldnīt happen to be Steve Jobs by any chance, would you?
    That's Mr. Jobs to you. Don't tell anyone or else I will have to change my screen name again.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Thanks chud

Iīm off to the store now, my company is giving it to me for free, since Iīm such a great costumer

I will also get the Touchstone.

Iīm also off to Santo Domingo this morning, business trip, so iīll let you know what I think of the phone once I return, or maybe even from there if I get a wifi connection at the hotel

Cheers everyone
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Hello again

Just wanted to say itīs been 2 1/2 days with the phone and I love it!

I like just about everything in this phone, Iīm really glad I got it.

Still, I do have a couple of questions that Iīll post later in a new thread.

Thank you everyone for your help

Cheers
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12