Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm getting the Samsung Moment! I was originally going for a Pre, but then changed my mind.
    Great. I had 2 slices of pepperoni pizza for lunch, originally i was gonna get a calzone, but none were hot....
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    Great. I had 2 slices of pepperoni pizza for lunch, originally i was gonna get a calzone, but none were hot....
    I seriously laughed so freaking hard when I read this.

(I am having pizza for dinner as well)
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    hahaha lol!
    I was originally going to scratch my ****, but then just decided it wasn't itchy enough to bother.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Good luck with the moment. I had one and took it back. The battery was worse than the old HTC touch pro's!
    Quote Originally Posted by wernarner84 View Post
    I'm getting the Samsung Moment! I was originally going for a Pre, but then changed my mind.
    What was the point of this post
    The Moment doesn't look like a bad phone. And I sort of understand when Pre users come here and post that they're leaving, because they sometimes provide some semblance of insight as to their Pre experience. But I honestly don't get someone posting that they didn't get the Pre.

I suppose that, when I got my Pre, I could have announced it on forums for every other smartphone, but I like to think I have better things to do with my time.

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    things that make you go uhmmm
    On the lines of I was thinking about going homeless,but i go a job instead.
    or I was thinking about losing weight,but i ate a cheeseburger instead

I think this is a useful thread after all
    The Moment drove me nuts. I need to be able to easily make modifications. Plus the thing was too big. Got the Hero for work and the Pre for my personal line. Perfect.

Good for you though finding a phone you like. Now if only choosing dinner was so easy.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    The Moment drove me nuts. I need to be able to easily make modifications. Plus the thing was too big. Got the Hero for work and the Pre for my personal line. Perfect.

Good for you though finding a phone you like. Now if only choosing dinner was so easy.
    I dunno if the Moment is that different from the Droid, but I find the Droid extremely customizable, without having to root or anything. It's also very intuitive to customize it, no plugging into a PC for WebOS QI or loading PreWare, you can customize all over the place...
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    I dunno if the Moment is that different from the Droid, but I find the Droid extremely customizable, without having to root or anything.
    Do you find the d-pad on the right of the keyboard makes it difficult to hit keys with your right hand? I played with it a bit and it seemed a very uncomfortable reach with my right thumb to the center buttons. Just curious...the Moment's keyboard seemed much more comfortable, although the Droid was undoubtedly the more attractive phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Do you find the d-pad on the right of the keyboard makes it difficult to hit keys with your right hand? I played with it a bit and it seemed a very uncomfortable reach with my right thumb to the center buttons. Just curious...the Moment's keyboard seemed much more comfortable, although the Droid was undoubtedly the more attractive phone.
    Nope, I'm very accustomed to the Droid keyboard now, it works quite well. I use it for NES and SNES all the time as well, though I use the A, D, W, and Z buttons for my up/down/left/right, and use K, L, O, and I for the other buttons. Could it be better? Sure, but it didn't hold me back from making the best phone purchase I've ever made.
    I tried out the droid's keyboard and it worked just fine for me. I can say it's not the greatest but it will do for a quick text. I would end up using the onscreen keyboard for the most part anyway.

I would not recommend the moment. I was really let down by that phone. Samsung dropped the ball big time. GPS issues, Pandora Issues, No led notifications, Loose slider, keyboard was flush and hard to type on.

I would get a droid if it was on sprint. I have a hero now and very happy but the droid is a beast. Hopefully we get one on sprint.
    I've already got a Pre (and I love it), but now I'm getting another phone because of a random account upgrade credit. I'm debating between the Hero and the Moment (just to try something new). Thoughts on either phone? Is the interface better on one?
    the hero is better hands down. Htc did it right with the hero. Some people will say the hero is a little slower than the moment but really after using both. I would choose the hero. Theo moment has too many issues due running a unmodified version of 1.5. Unless you really need a keyboard, I would go with the hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kungfubhuda View Post
    I've already got a Pre (and I love it), but now I'm getting another phone because of a random account upgrade credit. I'm debating between the Hero and the Moment (just to try something new). Thoughts on either phone? Is the interface better on one?
    I can't speak about the Moment (but if you need a real keyboard, of course that's the only Android choice on Sprint). My son has a Hero, though, and it's a very nice phone. He and I argue constantly about which has a better phone.

Thanks for the advice. I only have two hesitations in buying the Hero, which you guys mentioned. There's no keyboard, and the processor is slower. I haven't really heard anything about the moment, other than what the specs are, but those can be misleading.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kungfubhuda View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I only have two hesitations in buying the Hero, which you guys mentioned. There's no keyboard, and the processor is slower. I haven't really heard anything about the moment, other than what the specs are, but those can be misleading.
    My wife got the Moment a month ago and really digs it. I was going to get one also when my upgrade came up but decided to go with my original plan and get the Pre. Best option is to go and try out the phones as much as you can in store and read up about them in the various forums (take a lot of it with a grain of salt). Unfortunately you can't really get a feel of how some features will work in your everyday life when trying it in the store but you do have 30 days to trade it in for something else. We both primarily email from our phones so the keyboard is a big issue. Coming from the Centro the Pre is fine for me...the wife really likes the Moment. If I get an Android craving I can mess with her phone for a minute....don't really have one though after getting the Pre.....ok, a free fart app or Dave Chappelle Rick James soundboard would be cool...
    OP, did you ever get the Moment. Curious what you think of it?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast