Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    some people here are switching out pre to the hero or moment, one question i need to ask.. did you do switch it to these phones because it is a touchscreen, or any other touchscreen phone?

*dont care of the missing feature or problems, i just want to know if anyone switch out of from one touch phone to another*

because i know the blackberry does a wonderful job at what the pre lacks of, and has great support for business emails, just not the hip phone everyone wants to use
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Probably make sense to ask this question at www.androidcentral.com

I'll probably make the switch myself to Moment after contract runs out. I'm just a phone/gadget junkie plus Androids app store is more robust.
  3.    #3  
    No im just asking this question to spot out the ones who have a fashion for touchscreen. some people get the iphone, since everyone has one. now a days everyone gets a touchscreen phone since its popular now. if the reason soo many switch the phone to another touchscreen for fashion, most of the complaints are useless then.
    Hows the moment's processor compared to the Pre?
    I'm jumping ship to hero. Sorry pre. I'll miss the physical keyboard and cool multi tasking but it opens certain emails the pre won't for my work.

Plus I like on screen compact qwerty, sd card, buttons at bottom, slim design, and more.

But I still tell everyone how awesome the pre is and how it still is my favorite choice.

Pre will eventually get there all around.
    Honestly i dont think i could ever own a phone without a touchscreen its so much more efficient then a directional pad and you get so mich more screen real estate
    I can't own a phone that doesn't have a large amount of onboard storage. Hate all you want about the pre's non expandable memory, but it's still 8 gigs onboard vs the onboard memory of all the other android phones, which runs around 512 megs Android Market Using Up Internal Memory - Android Community Forums you can't load your apps anywhere else, due to fears of privacy.

Now currently the pre technically has the same issue simply arbitrarily. Hopefully this will be fixed with 1.3.5 and by the sounds of things it will. However, you are not gonna get such a fix for the droid. Good luck convincing google to let you put your paid applications on a drive that you can place into any phone you want.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    i just make that swich to the hero from a pre. i love it. i don't think i would look back.
    Switching to a Hero is such a lateral move..and in some ways a downgrade. If i was sick of the Pre, i'd simply wait at this point. At least til after CES to see if Palm might have a new device coming out and knowing HTC has new devices on the way as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Switching to a Hero is such a lateral move..and in some ways a downgrade. If i was sick of the Pre, i'd simply wait at this point. At least til after CES to see if Palm might have a new device coming out and knowing HTC has new devices on the way as well.
    It was a huge upgrade for me in the most fundamental way possible: as a phone and data device. The data and cell radios are so much stronger and hold a signal far more reliably. Additionally, the phone app is far more capable and responsive, and I can actually hold the phone between my cheek and shoulder while talking if I choose. The pre just makes your voice muffled when you try that.

But these are all easy fixes for Palm with a more mature OS and a better set of hardware. I hope to see both in the coming months, and will gladly and eagerly return to the fold.
    In the new builds of Android, you CAN store stuff (applications) on the SD card.
    Quote Originally Posted by big money mike View Post
    In the new builds of Android, you CAN store stuff (applications) on the SD card.
    sweet. I like my pre, but I'm glad they fixed that. In all honesty I might have gone to verizon with the droid had I known that. They still cost too much though. Family plan with 1500 minutes and 4 lines with insurance for all phones for 180 a month for the win.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    It was a huge upgrade for me in the most fundamental way possible: as a phone and data device. The data and cell radios are so much stronger and hold a signal far more reliably. Additionally, the phone app is far more capable and responsive, and I can actually hold the phone between my cheek and shoulder while talking if I choose. The pre just makes your voice muffled when you try that.

But these are all easy fixes for Palm with a more mature OS and a better set of hardware. I hope to see both in the coming months, and will gladly and eagerly return to the fold.
    I can see some truth to that. I hate talking to people on their Pre's (which is really only two people i know of and they're on my plan :P). They sound muffled half the time. Hate to ask people to repeat themselves.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I tried the Hero and then I returned it and got the moment. I returned that also. Now I'm back on the pre.
    I would of stayed with the moment, but the battery was very bad. I only had 7 days before my 30 days expired so I couldn't wait to see if it got any better.
    Can you do all of the homebrew stuff with the hero and moment? Is android open like webos??
    Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    Can you do all of the homebrew stuff with the hero and moment? Is android open like webos??
    I guess with ROMs it is, but it's so customizable, I wouldn't bother. I find the very notion that I have to install desktop apps and put my phone into developer mode just to implement basic functions insulting.

Again, I expect "patch" functionality to be fully integrated into WebOS around the time new hardware shows up.
    I switched not because its touchscreen. i switched OS's to put it that way.... but came back to the Pre two months later.... i realized that even though the Hero wins the feature war, whatever the Pre actually does... it does BETTER (web, camera, multitasking, etc.) And user experience plays a big part of my lust to return to WebOS.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post

I need to make the switch for that same reason as well. I'm tired of dropped calls and not being able to connect a call when I have good signal. If only the pre had better hardware.
    I would have switched to the Moment, but I did the math, and cancelling Sprint and getting on Verizon while they did the BOGO deal where you bought the Droid and got the Eris on a new line free was a MUCH better deal, cheaper overall, and I got 2 great phones out of it, so I was able to get my mom on her first smartphone ever. She loves it, absolutely loves it. I'm loving the Droid as well, it's just an incredible phone, it has everything I wish the Pre had, and does virtually everything.
    I have both. The Pre seems to be more fluid with media apps. I tend to grab the Pre first. Did anyone see the AT&T article on msnbc?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast