Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ackrite55 View Post
    I have both. The Pre seems to be more fluid with media apps. I tend to grab the Pre first. Did anyone see the AT&T article on msnbc?
    This one?

AT&T, Verizon face off in TV ads - U.S. business- msnbc.com

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34241254
    Last edited by gmanvbva; 12/14/2009 at 11:16 AM.
    left the pre to go to the hero and not looking back. Love the hero. Had the moment for a little but didn't like it at all. I think the hero is superior to it. Sense alone makes it worth the switch.
    Quote Originally Posted by THETRUTH View Post
    left the pre to go to the hero and not looking back. Love the hero. Had the moment for a little but didn't like it at all. I think the hero is superior to it. Sense alone makes it worth the switch.
    Have been testing the Dolphin browser on Android. It's on par with the Pre's and possibly better. It has a better pinch-to-zoom implementation than the default and it has advanced and customizable gestures.
    I have noticed that a lot of people complain about the Pre's lagginess. I have experienced that at times as well, but for the most part my Pre is very fluid. However, every single Android phone I have played with has always been laggy. Multiple coworkers have Android phones and I have also gone into the Sprint store to check them out as well. Each experience was worse than the last in comparison to the Pre, IMO. So, for all you Pre users out there that think your going to get away from lagginess by switching to an Android phone, think again. Nothing seems to compare to the iPhone in terms of eye candy and fluidness within the UI (as much as I hate to admit it). But the Pre's hardware is right on par with the iPhone's, so I think it's just a matter of time before Palm works out the issues with the CPU and the GPU and gets the pre running on par with the iPhone. The we will have it all, a superior OS, a great selection of apps and games, great multitasking and a beautiful UI. It may take a while for the Palms app store to hit the number of apps that the Android Market or the Apple Store has, but we will get there in time. It can't all be delivered overnight. Pre is still the new kid on the block and I have a feeling Palm is ramping up to me a major player in the smartphone industry.
    Dunno what to tell you. I have two Android phones (HTC Hero) and two Palm Pre's in my house... used regularly and heavily on a daily basis... the Pre's have noticeably more UI lag and have far more issues with lockups, double touches, etc.
    well my pre got ate by my daughters dog.. I will miss the pre.. but im back home.. windows mobile. got a touch pro 2.. for me and my wife both free with free activation and free bluetooths.. on tmobile.. dont care for android to much.. wasnt impressed by the hero or moment.. ( sprint that is..) would never go to verizon or att. so no droid or iphones for me.. plus i grew up on wm for 5 years plus.. and its the only os u can truly make your own.. ( not for the lazy and people who dont want to learn )

but i will miss my pre,, best os ive ever used.. for that quick get in get out thing..and everything just works.. but I have to say the build quality of the tp2 is miles ahead of the pre.. this thing is a rock.. the pre was to light even with the extended battery.. anyway even though i didnt give up my pre..it was taken from me from a little dog names sugar..lol but im back home and happy..
    Ruh Roh!
    Quote Originally Posted by cloak.n.dagger View Post
    I have noticed that a lot of people complain about the Pre's lagginess. I have experienced that at times as well, but for the most part my Pre is very fluid. However, every single Android phone I have played with has always been laggy. Multiple coworkers have Android phones and I have also gone into the Sprint store to check them out as well. Each experience was worse than the last in comparison to the Pre, IMO. So, for all you Pre users out there that think your going to get away from lagginess by switching to an Android phone, think again. Nothing seems to compare to the iPhone in terms of eye candy and fluidness within the UI (as much as I hate to admit it). But the Pre's hardware is right on par with the iPhone's, so I think it's just a matter of time before Palm works out the issues with the CPU and the GPU and gets the pre running on par with the iPhone. The we will have it all, a superior OS, a great selection of apps and games, great multitasking and a beautiful UI. It may take a while for the Palms app store to hit the number of apps that the Android Market or the Apple Store has, but we will get there in time. It can't all be delivered overnight. Pre is still the new kid on the block and I have a feeling Palm is ramping up to me a major player in the smartphone industry.
    Go try a droid, same processor as the pre but so much faster. The phones you mention are ARM11 based, unlike the droid.
    Maybe stupid question answered already somewhere else on the forum, but in all the "switched from pre to xxx" or "xxx to pre" posts I've seen I never heard anybody say just how it was done. Besides swapping in the first 30 days, the only way I can think of doing it mid-contract without paying full unsubsidized price is to go to a store and complain incessantly about poor phone quality until they switch it for you, or accidentally "break" your current phone, swallow the deductible, and take advantage of the insurance to swap out. So how did you all do it who switched?
    its easy to switch between phones. in sprints equipment clause they state that if your phone needs to be replaced 2 times because of equipment failure you can choose another type of phone
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotast165 View Post
    its easy to switch between phones. in sprints equipment clause they state that if your phone needs to be replaced 2 times because of equipment failure you can choose another type of phone
    The pre doesn't have any other models on its warranty exchange list, so all you can get is another pre. The only option right now is to buy a phone unsubsidized. I switched to verizon instead, because the droid is so epic, and I got a bogo offer so I got my mom a droid eris.
    you are correct with that however since the replacement for the pre is the pre sprint is offering consumers any phone at comparable or lesser price from purchase currently. Just talk to retention.
    Big Windows Mobile fan before I moved to the Pre. I initially bought one for my wife because her HTC Touch was aging. However after I played around with it for a while I was sold on the interface. I ran out and bought two more unsubsidized. After about a week the newness wore off but I held out for a few updates. More and more I found myself missing the functionality of Windows Mobile - I felt like on the Pre my options were severally limited. I would pull out my trusty Touch Pro but the interface and slowness was such a turn off I could not go back.

I figured I could solve some of my issues through development. I started doing some research on the SDK and wrote a few small tests programs. The more and more I researched the more apparently clear it became that I would never be able to accomplish some of the goals I had set out to do because of limitations in the API.

I sold one Pre and purchased a Hero from Sprint. I debated shortly between the Hero and Moment but my deciding factors essentially revolved around my previous experience with HTC devices, the massive hacking/development community behind HTC devices and I had read about a few GPS errors with the Moment that sounded all to familiar from the Pre. Got the Hero and after two days I knew that I needed to unload the other Pre before it was to late.

I will admit that in some aspects the Pre is a great device. If you are superficial it sure looks nice inside and out. It's a great phone for people who just want a little more power and features then a dumb phone. The browser is probably the second best mobile browser I have ever used (second only to the Dolphin Browser on Android). It's calendar is better then most devices, and universal search is great.

However once you get past all the superficial aspects of the phone a user who demands a lot from their device will start to find it lacking in many areas. Customization is extremely poor, the tasks program is poor, the fact you can not use the device while in USB mode is a major let down, the UI ends up getting in the way a lot and you find yourself doing more screen presses and swipes then you really should have to in order to perform simple tasks. The UI also contains a lot of wasted space, not having the ability to add information or widgets to the home screen is a big set back. My devices are infomation hubs and if I have to press the power button, swipe and then press here and here and there just to get to a calendar or tasks it sucks bad. I could honestly go on but I don't want to the point that I am bashing the phone. It's good for certain people.

I went back and played with third Pre in our house for a few days and I can say I would honestly never go back to WebOS unless there is some massive improvements.
    Big Windows Mobile fan before I moved to the Pre. I initially bought one for my wife because her HTC Touch was aging. However after I played around with it for a while I was sold on the interface. I ran out and bought two more unsubsidized. After about a week the newness wore off but I held out for a few updates. More and more I found myself missing the functionality of Windows Mobile - I felt like on the Pre my options were severally limited. I would pull out my trusty Touch Pro but the interface and slowness was such a turn off I could not go back.

I figured I could solve some of my issues through development. I started doing some research on the SDK and wrote a few small tests programs. The more and more I researched the more apparently clear it became that I would never be able to accomplish some of the goals I had set out to do because of limitations in the API.

I sold one Pre and purchased a Hero from Sprint. I debated shortly between the Hero and Moment but my deciding factors essentially revolved around my previous experience with HTC devices, the massive hacking/development community behind HTC devices and I had read about a few GPS errors with the Moment that sounded all to familiar from the Pre. Got the Hero and after two days I knew that I needed to unload the other Pre before it was to late.

I will admit that in some aspects the Pre is a great device. If you are superficial it sure looks nice inside and out. It's a great phone for people who just want a little more power and features then a dumb phone. The browser is probably the second best mobile browser I have ever used (second only to the Dolphin Browser on Android). It's calendar is better then most devices, and universal search is great.

However once you get past all the superficial aspects of the phone a user who demands a lot from their device will start to find it lacking in many areas. Customization is extremely poor, the tasks program is poor, the fact you can not use the device while in USB mode is a major let down, the UI ends up getting in the way a lot and you find yourself doing more screen presses and swipes then you really should have to in order to perform simple tasks. The UI also contains a lot of wasted space, not having the ability to add information or widgets to the home screen is a big set back. My devices are infomation hubs and if I have to press the power button, swipe and then press here and here and there just to get to a calendar or tasks it sucks bad. I could honestly go on but I don't want to the point that I am bashing the phone. It's good for certain people.

I went back and played with third Pre in our house for a few days and I can say I would honestly never go back to WebOS unless there is some massive improvements.
    I can understand where your coming from, been considering switching back to a wimo, but I've had the pre and pixi and really love em, I miss the functionalities I'm used to with a ''smartphone'' but my only real concern is the hardware.
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotast165 View Post
    I can understand where your coming from, been considering switching back to a wimo, but I've had the pre and pixi and really love em, I miss the functionalities I'm used to with a ''smartphone'' but my only real concern is the hardware.
    Then I really suggest you give the Hero a shot. Android is so nice, leaps and bounds better then WM and HTC makes great hardware.
    yeah yeah, but i really am not a fan of google, i use their products as little as possible. i was always a winmo and palm os guy and palm os is gone, leaving wimo. i expect pim to be part of a smartphone. the only let down of webos, but i have patience. so we will see.
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyidaho View Post

Completely agree.
    Right now the Moment is much faster than the Pre & Hero. Even though Palm p*ssed all over Sprint users today, it still might be best to wait a little while before switching. Motorola is supposed to have a couple of mean Android phones headed to Sprint in the near future. As soon as Sprint gets their version of the Droid, I'M ON IT.
    Hate to switch, but Palm used us as guinea pigs, only to reward us by sending the upgrades to Verizon. So here's a big 2 "fingers" up to Palm. They should name their next device the "Palm PrPrPr*$ck$&$quot$;.
    The Saint
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12