1.    #1  
    Though I feel disloyal to a brand that I supported so wholeheartedly over the past two years, I made the jump last night. Amazon had the blue(would have preferred red) T-615c's available so the order is in. Along with 128 stick, Screen protectors from Kagi, The E&B Slipper clip model, The Sony AC charger and USB sync cables. No Stowaway yet, and I picked up the three pack of styli from Sony today.

Still eyeing the The Innopocket Hotsync Recharge cable for travel.

*sigh*, guess the Platnium goes to the daughter. She already plays with it all the time. Makes me sick to see all the springboards just sit there.

BTW, VAJA is working on a case for the T series. I got the following email the other day.

Dear Customer,
    We are working on the clie T615c case development now though we do not
    have a specific date for its release. When the item is launched, we will
    let you know by e-mail.
    thanks

Best regards

Marķa Cecilia
    Garcia Querol
    Customer Service
    vajacases.com

Hope the transition goes well...sure am looking forward to playing with a new toy!
    Makes me sick to see all the springboards just sit there.
    I have an Idea. Make yourself feel better, and do something to help a poor (soon-to-be in the fall) college student out. You could always donate those springboards to me, a poor college student, and you could feel good knowing that your springboards will still be used, not to mention being used to help someone get an education! Now, doesn't that sound like a good idea?

I'd even sweeten the deal for you, and pay shipping for the springboards!

---
    Well, I can dream, can't I?

P.S. - what are the springboards, anyway?
    Blue Visor Deluxe ~ Clie T615 ~ Zire 71 ~ Treo 650 ~ Palm Centro
  3.    #3  
    HAha

Naw...after I break the umbilicle, I'll probably put 'em up for sale. Want to wait till I get the Clie broke in tho...

Let's see, Flash(amazing a 128 stick is so small compaired to this), Thinmodem, Backup(x2, but the wife will keep her Orange DLUX), My-Vox(dissapointment) and Stowaway. Plus all assorted dongles, cradles, cables, and other swag.

When I went to college we didn't have such niceities...only had rocks! and we liked it like that Truly, there was only one computer course...guess that kinda dates me doesn't it?

At least all the software I've actually paid for will transfer.
    I'm tempted to join you, but only barely. Here's my hang-up with the Sonys, particularly the T series - the damn buttons. I was playing with one this week at CompUSA, and I just can't get over how tiny and useless they are.

That said, I want a higher-res, smaller form-factor color unit, and I've pretty much given up on HS replacing the Prism.
    Let's see, Flash(amazing a 128 stick is so small compaired to this), Thinmodem, Backup(x2, but the wife will keep her Orange DLUX), My-Vox(dissapointment) and Stowaway. Plus all assorted dongles, cradles, cables, and other swag.
    A Flash would be nice...
    A Thinmodem would be great...
    A Backup would be nice, but I will let your wife keep them
    I don't need my-vox, though it would be nice...
    I have a stowaway already, and I would also let you keep the assorted dongles, cradles, cables, and other swag!

When I went to college we didn't have such niceities...only had rocks! and we liked it like that Truly, there was only one computer course...guess that kinda dates me doesn't it?
    And you walked to 3 miles to school in 6 feet of snow, uphill both ways, right? (Wait, aren't I supposed to be nice when asking for free stuff? Sorry!)

:menu:

Well, give me credit, I am trying... Though I know I have no chance of getting some springboards (unless there is another nice soul in visor central

HAha
    Well, if nothing else, atleast I give you a laugh!
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by VTL
    Here's my hang-up with the Sonys, particularly the T series - the damn buttons. I was playing with one this week at CompUSA, and I just can't get over how tiny and useless they are.

Hmmm...that's what I was doing today as well. Buttons aren't a problem for me as I don't game...Most of the time I stylus everything. I think the JogDial might just force me to pick up another skill. Maybe I'm just odd, but I can't remember actually using the buttons other than power on/off. In my case, I'd rather them ditch the buttons(blasphemy) and expand the screen. How cool would a PDA be that was similar to the lexan block (circa IPOD )with a full length screen the width of the Edge/T Series that could mask a Graffitti area on and off? Connection/sync via firewire and/or USB2 and 5g plus internal that could perform all the functions of a PDA and a IPOD. Compatable with Win please. *sigh*, wonder if dreams ever do come true?

BYW, Though there was no snow in Houston, I am entertained
    Me too, I bought a GBA.
    I also accept Springboard donations...
    I was the first to ask for springboard donations, so I should be the first you go to...

But the real reason for this post is to keep me on the top and bottom of the list, if anyone does donate!
    Originally posted by MIKE STH

Hmmm...that's what I was doing today as well. Buttons aren't a problem for me as I don't game...
    I think that's the gist of it. Been using the T615C for a month now, and only use the 4 main function buttons; the rocker button is never used, as the jog dial completely takes its place (and is much nicer to boot.)

However, if you want to do "action gaming" on it, those buttons will be a problem. I'm not an action gamer, but I did buy Spy Hunter, and it is a pain-in-the-**** to use those buttons in that situation.

What's ironic is that if Spy Hunter was Jog dial conscious, i'd barely need the buttons at all -- could use the dial for left-right and push the button in for machine-gun fire. Oh, well...
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."