1.    #1  
    While I have had fun with the palm pre tweaking and customizing, that time has come where I will be leaving the country and need a phone I can use while I am out. Would like to thank all of you here for a wonderful experience while I had the pre. While I did look to get the GSM pre...it was just too freakin expensive to get one so I settled for the HTC pro 2. Once again thanks for joy ride with the pre.
    Let me knowhow that works, I played with it and it's a pretty phone.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Let us know how that Windows mobile phone does for you.
    Though I think it's a great phone and I think anyone should get whatever works for them I have to wonder why they feel the need to share that they are leaving. If anything this belongs in the cross platform forum.
    I looked at jumping ship to the TP2, but it has the same POS Qualcomm 528Mhz chip as the TP. What's the benefit? The original TP was sluggish, (more than the Pre,) and reviews show the TP2 being just as bad.

If it had snapdragon, I'd have it right now.
    no 'Thanks'
    only wm phone that would even be considered by me is the htc HD2.... Sucks it has wm os but the htc sense ui is nice on there... The new htc bravo will be a beast running android as well with the snapdragon.. But in regards to the op its not a bad thing he is stating that he is leaving.. He wasent being rude or crying and whining...
    Last edited by youngzayiles; 12/08/2009 at 07:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by thekarens View Post
    Though I think it's a great phone and I think anyone should get whatever works for them I have to wonder why they feel the need to share that they are leaving. If anything this belongs in the cross platform forum.
    Normally I'd agree with you, but this isn't the usual "Pre sucks and I'm leaving!!!" post. The OP is leaving the country and getting a different phone for "legitimate" reasons, and so posting to say goodbye doesn't seem inappropriate or bothersome to me at all.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Ahh, the problems of CDMA sometimes.. Enjoy wherever your travels take you to though!
    WinMo is a terrible OS. I do however love HTC's hardware. I migrated to the Pre from a TP1.
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    TP2 is a nice phone as is the HD2 - you will miss your pre though.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by adesonic View Post
    TP2 is a nice phone as is the HD2 - you will miss your pre though.
    You are right about that...I enjoyed rooting, preware and patching the phone to fit my needs and standards. You just can't find that anywhere.
    I actually jumped from the TP2 to the Pre, haha. Good Luck! Just be warned the thing feels like a brick compared to the Pre.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stryker412 View Post
    I actually jumped from the TP2 to the Pre, haha. Good Luck! Just be warned the thing feels like a brick compared to the Pre.
    Thats why I used the word settled...didnt mean that I liked the "brick" feeling of the TP2. Frankly I wish my pre had a sim port, then I wouldn't worry about giving it up. Hopefully by the time I get back, a new palm device will be in play and I can hop back to WebOS!!!
    The HTC's are more customizable. Check out PPC Geeks and search for Custom ROMs. There are also a couple good blogs tailored to it. I found the Mighty ROM and Energy ROM to work best for me. TF3D is nice but I would recommend disabling it and installing SPC Shell or Point UI instead. Or you can just run it naked.
    Quote Originally Posted by gladiator16 View Post
    You are right about that...I enjoyed rooting, preware and patching the phone to fit my needs and standards. You just can't find that anywhere.
    I guess ignorance really is bliss
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    Why would I want to pay roaming fees when I can get a cheap phone and use prepaid if I travel or better yet get a cheap samsung sprint phone that can roam. I had one back in the day.

The HTC phone is basically a downgrade imo. Winmo is old and not very efficient imo. it works well for email and text messaging but terrible at multimedia and the web browser isn't that good. Maybe HTC packages another web browser.

The things that would make me not want the HTC are the fact that it is bulky, runs winmo and has a poor quality 16bit screen that can only display 65,000 colors.

I may be reading your post wrong, but the op is getting the TP2 because it is a world phone already unlocked for a prepaid sim. No need to carry around 2 pieces of euipment if you can get what you need in one. I had to get rid of my pre too, but for different reasons. I loved the pre, but could not get it to work with my job. So i understand the OP descision.

To the OP, i think you will like the TP2. good luck
    Quote Originally Posted by stir fry a lot View Post
    The HTC's are more customizable. Check out PPC Geeks and search for Custom ROMs. There are also a couple good blogs tailored to it. I found the Mighty ROM and Energy ROM to work best for me. TF3D is nice but I would recommend disabling it and installing SPC Shell or Point UI instead. Or you can just run it naked.
    Yeah. I loved the customization and even found myself flashing the new Sense 2.5 Roms onto my Touch Pro, just to see what the changes were. It almost was enough to get me to activate it just for the heck of it, but I'll stick with the Pre this week...but i might start switching week to week just for techgeekiness

If I could get my hands on a hero and use all three OS's I think I'd be in heaven

nb