Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    And let me just say... Much better than the Pre! This phone is solid as hell, there is absolutely no wiggle in the slider, it's like a well oiled machine, just flawless. The metal bezel around the screen, the actual glass screen, the rubberized back, it's all nicer than the Pre, by a LONG way.

It's also fast, very fast, snappy. The on screen keyboard is great, the landscape/portrait mode in pretty much every app(thus far) is just awesome. The Android Market, incredibly nice. Verizon's data even seems just as fast. The screen, gorgeous, just incredible picture, size is perfect, call quality is on par or better than the Pre. This is what the Pre SHOULD have been! It feels like a 2.0 phone, not like a beta, and has the hardware to match. I'm still interested in WebOS, but Android 2.0 is just awesome. I also didn't lose any contacts, because it syncs in almost all the same ways the Pre does.
    Good for you. I am glad you found a phone you like. Hope to see you back on the WebOs bandwagon soon.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    I'm hoping WebOS gets there with 2.0 too. However, I really hope WebOS phones don't get that big and stay a little rounded. The Droid is a cool piece of tech.

Do you find yourself missing multi touch much?
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    I'm hoping WebOS gets there with 2.0 too. However, I really hope WebOS phones don't get that big and stay a little rounded. The Droid is a cool piece of tech.

Do you find yourself missing multi touch much?
    The only place it doesn't support multitouch is the browser, otherwise it works fine in photos, even for the NES/SNES emulators, etc. I'm sure someone will figure out how to put it in the browser.
    Good for you! Everyone has different needs, likes and dislikes, that why there are so many different models of phones out in the marketplace today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    The only place it doesn't support multitouch is the browser, otherwise it works fine in photos, even for the NES/SNES emulators, etc. I'm sure someone will figure out how to put it in the browser.
    The browser is where I use multitouch the most. That is something I would definitely miss.
    Like the Droid hardware, but the OS is too unpolished and all over the place for me and I'm a techie. Be careful about tinkering within the OS. It's much easier to brick Android as there isn't a way to recover as easy as webOS Doctor (unless that has changed).
    Droid is awesome but it can't be tweaked on the go (preware) and the verizon plan doesn't compare to sprint. ($~30 a month on my business account)

Droid does but it'll cost ya.
    Last edited by IcerC; 12/08/2009 at 02:34 PM.
    If I could get a Pre with Droid-like hardware, the Pre would rock so much more. My only complaint with the Pre is the hw should've been more robust. WebOS rocks though! On the hw/sw integration side, still waiting to see how the GPU will help the overall Pre as a device once it's activated.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Exactly, most people that switch from Sprint to at&t iphone or Verizon Droid when they get their first bill they get sticker shock. Especially if they have family plans. att even charges for navigation and texting
    IcerC: Great avatar!
    I know forums are for open talk...but serioulsy, whats the point of posting on a PALM site about how infatuated you are with your DROID?? Every time you purchase something new, do you have a need to tell everyone? I can understand and open discussion with opinions about the differences, but not a rant on how FABULOUS it is. Is this what Forums have come to? Cause in that case here we go with more needless postings of recent purchases....I just bought a new watch. The face is just gorgeous. Its shiny bezel is so nice. I can read the time so much quicker than I could on my TAG, I'm talking snappy fast. I also just bought a new front door for my house. Its blue. Im talking DARK blue. And it opens more quickly than the other one. It feels like what my old door SHOULD have felt like when it opened.
    People, post what you want. But really, whats the point in braggging? Good for you, you got a droid. You sound like my two year old after she uses the bathroom by herself. It may be an accomplishment to you, but some crap can be kept to yourself.
    I believe the way palm is listening to the community the PRE 2 is going to be outstanding It's gonna feel like the community built phone.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    Wow Brian johnson 115 if you knew all the trouble that Elysian893 went through with his Pre's maybe you would understand his joy. I for one am glad you got a great phone_ good for you
    Quote Originally Posted by brian.johnson115 View Post
    I know forums are for open talk...but serioulsy, whats the point of posting on a PALM site about how infatuated you are with your DROID?? Every time you purchase something new, do you have a need to tell everyone? I can understand and open discussion with opinions about the differences, but not a rant on how FABULOUS it is. Is this what Forums have come to? Cause in that case here we go with more needless postings of recent purchases....I just bought a new watch. The face is just gorgeous. Its shiny bezel is so nice. I can read the time so much quicker than I could on my TAG, I'm talking snappy fast. I also just bought a new front door for my house. Its blue. Im talking DARK blue. And it opens more quickly than the other one. It feels like what my old door SHOULD have felt like when it opened.
    People, post what you want. But really, whats the point in braggging? Good for you, you got a droid. You sound like my two year old after she uses the bathroom by herself. It may be an accomplishment to you, but some crap can be kept to yourself.
    Honestly, I think this site is a mobile phone site and not a Palm site. Also, it was posted in the other handhelds forum (if it wasn't it is there now). How is this even any big deal at all? It is general talk about a mobile platform that competes with the phone this site is mainly about. Sheesh.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by brian.johnson115 View Post
    There's a section on this forum(happens to be the section I posted in) for "Other Handhelds". Maybe this concepts alludes you, but in case it does, stick a sock in it.
    Wow some people are way too sensitive
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    There are third party browsers that support multi-touch, and tabbed browsing.

Check out Dolphin (spelling?).

Also, check hot Home++. It is an alternative home screen app that is AWESOME.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Merton View Post
    There are third party browsers that support multi-touch, and tabbed browsing.

Check out Dolphin (spelling?).

Also, check hot Home++. It is an alternative home screen app that is AWESOME.
    Yeah, I loaded Dolphin a little bit ago, pretty nice.
    Ok in response to Elysian, bpdamas, and mmcnamara43...for one, put a sock in it??? Where you place your Posts is irrelevant, why would you be on PRECENTRAL or PALMCENTRAL if youre so satisfied about your new droid???? Seems to me like it seems more logical that if youre truly happy/content with something you have no need to tell anyone and everyone that you dont know how happy you are. why not go on an ANDROID forum??? Yes its open to anyone, but really. Its like the people you can tell are spokesmen for certain companies that come on here and try to sway Pre users to android, or Verizon, or apple or whatever. Yes it open, but the people that are looking for answers/help/constructive crticism, etc. shouldnt have to deal with people portraying their love for a phone that we;ve all read about a million times! If you feel the need, then why are you on PRECENTRAL and not on ANYHANDHELD.NET????>. Fine, I guess as long as its on Other handleds or a relevant thread, Ill post about topics irrelevant to Palm and see how long it takes you to get ****ed and weed through the crap until you find something you find entertaining. These posts are turning into the equivalent of Reality TV. May seem popular, but its still just crap to the majority
    Last edited by brian.johnson115; 12/08/2009 at 09:20 PM.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast