Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    There's a section on this forum(happens to be the section I posted in) for "Other Handhelds". Maybe this concepts alludes you, but in case it does, stick a sock in it.
    Good for you...God love Free speech and the ability to say what you want on the internet knowing you wouldnt anywhere else. Yes, happens to be the section you posted in....ON PRECENTRAL. Yes, other handheld. Yet as an adult (?), you posted a juvenile rant of your love for something as a teenage girl does for those Twilight Books/Movies. The concept doesnt allude me. The reasoning why you would post anything other than a decent comparrison between the two phones instead of a rant does.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by brian.johnson115 View Post
    Good for you...God love Free speech and the ability to say what you want on the internet knowing you wouldnt anywhere else. Yes, happens to be the section you posted in....ON PRECENTRAL. Yes, other handheld. Yet as an adult (?), you posted a juvenile rant of your love for something as a teenage girl does for those Twilight Books/Movies. The concept doesnt allude me. The reasoning why you would post anything other than a decent comparrison between the two phones instead of a rant does.
    So then, you're saying there is no place for "Other Handhelds" on PreCentral? I know some supermods who seem to disagree with you. There was nothing juvenile about my "rant"(what part of it is ranting?). The only one being juvenile is you, since you clearly cannot accept that someone who's owned 7 frigging Pre's might have a differing opinion from yours. I'm just about to report you for trolling, so by all means, keep it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    So then, you're saying there is no place for "Other Handhelds" on PreCentral? I know some supermods who seem to disagree with you. There was nothing juvenile about my "rant"(what part of it is ranting?). The only one being juvenile is you, since you clearly cannot accept that someone who's owned 7 frigging Pre's might have a differing opinion from yours. I'm just about to report you for trolling, so by all means, keep it up.
    OH god, report me already. Oh god, my secondary email will never be allowed access again, what will I ever do??? I guess I'll have a normal life. Please, if you make a threat to report me, just do it already. Life will go on.

What, you can have an opinion on a subject, but I cannot have an opinion on your opinion and how you state it and why?? Differing opinion is fine. However you owned 7 Pres suppossedly, so why wouldnt you compare the two phones?? Maybe it wasnt a rant to you, but it came off that way to me and my coworkers who, out of 10 that read your post, 6 thought you were ranting and 8 were hoping for a more adult review. And yes, people on here may have different opinions than myself and my coworkers. But my question is this....why wouldnt one who seemed to somewhat like Webos post a COMPARISON?? Yes, There is a place for OTHER HANDHELDS...but why wouldnt you offer a more decent comparrion or review? No one can tell you what to do, but take into consideration that most people here are looking for help/assistance/advice based on facts and experience. Some are looking to switch phones and looking for an indepth review from past Pre owners who have switched to, I dont know DROID. Why not take your experience and write a review, not a "OMG IM IN LOVE" thread. Read the posts....there are alot of people here that are novices and dont know much about smartphones PERIOD and theyre looking for help. Empathy is something everyone should display and needs. How frustrating was it for you to receive 7 phones??? How frustrating you think it is for a novice to search through all this in the hopes to compare phones and find your post??? Its not helpful! What you said may have been fact and your expeience...but you were obviously hoping for palm to succeed through your 7 phones....why not offer more than just a "look what i got", and instead a "heres my experience". You want to report me...dear god what will I ever do.
    wow this guy is getting his panties all bunched up over something as silly as a cell phone
    congrats on the droid dude...its an excellent phone!
    Quote Originally Posted by brian.johnson115 View Post
    I know forums are for open talk...but serioulsy, whats the point of posting on a PALM site about how infatuated you are with your DROID?? Every time you purchase something new, do you have a need to tell everyone? I can understand and open discussion with opinions about the differences, but not a rant on how FABULOUS it is. Is this what Forums have come to? Cause in that case here we go with more needless postings of recent purchases....I just bought a new watch. The face is just gorgeous. Its shiny bezel is so nice. I can read the time so much quicker than I could on my TAG, I'm talking snappy fast. I also just bought a new front door for my house. Its blue. Im talking DARK blue. And it opens more quickly than the other one. It feels like what my old door SHOULD have felt like when it opened.
    People, post what you want. But really, whats the point in braggging? Good for you, you got a droid. You sound like my two year old after she uses the bathroom by herself. It may be an accomplishment to you, but some crap can be kept to yourself.
    This Thread is fine. It's in "Other Handhelds"

Move along now.
    Just call me Berd.
    I am on number 5 and just discovered light leakage. I just can't wait till I get to lucky number and can graduate to a droid too. I am giddy. (I am not joking)

Really though. Congrats man. Do you find yourself ever using the hardware keyboard though?
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    I am on number 5 and just discovered light leakage. I just can't wait till I get to lucky number and can graduate to a droid too. I am giddy. (I am not joking)

Really though. Congrats man. Do you find yourself ever using the hardware keyboard though?
    Yep, been working on getting used to it today, I'm not doing too bad on it. I like the compactness of the Pre keyboard though, it makes it easier for me to type fast, I feel like I'm reaching over the keys a lot more on the Droid keyboard... On screen keyboard is excellent though.
    Does the droid launch the other browser as a default? In other words if your using an app and you choose to launch the browser out of the app, can you set it so dolphin launches or does it launch the stock browser?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    My co-worker has a droid. I like it, it feels like a solid piece of hardware, but for me it is too big and heavy. I don't like the glass screen though I like the high res. Android 2.0 is nice but just doesn't have the polish that webOS had even at 1.0.

If I was locked into Verizon I would definitely pick up a Droid as it is the best choice by far for the network.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Droid is awesome but it can't be tweaked on the go (preware) and the verizon plan doesn't compare to sprint. ($~30 a month on my business account)

Droid does but it'll cost ya.
    Droid got rooted today. Custom Roms and tweaks will be next. As for the price of Verizon vs Sprint. You got to pay the cost to be the boss!

Kyocera 7135 > Treo 700p > Droid? Pre? Passion? as soon as I have a choice of at least two on Verizon, I will make my decision. But if I had to choose today, it would have to be the Droid.
    Last edited by RolandStone; 12/08/2009 at 11:24 PM.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    Does the droid launch the other browser as a default? In other words if your using an app and you choose to launch the browser out of the app, can you set it so dolphin launches or does it launch the stock browser?
    Yep, gives you the option to set default applications. I even installed Home++, a home screen replacement, and it gave me the option to use that instead.

Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    My co-worker has a droid. I like it, it feels like a solid piece of hardware, but for me it is too big and heavy. I don't like the glass screen though I like the high res. Android 2.0 is nice but just doesn't have the polish that webOS had even at 1.0.

If I was locked into Verizon I would definitely pick up a Droid as it is the best choice by far for the network.
    Having use the Pre since launch day, I fail to see what "polish" it has over Android 2.0, sorry. Android 2.0 is very fluid and incredibly polished. They've thought of pretty much everything already. Polish is also usually related to maturity, something WebOS doesn't have yet.
    Congrats on getting away. I tried out the Droid and couldn't stand it. It was bulky and webOS felt much smoother. I am not a fan of Android though so that played a big part in it.
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnAnderson127 View Post
    Congrats on getting away. I tried out the Droid and couldn't stand it. It was bulky and webOS felt much smoother. I am not a fan of Android though so that played a big part in it.
    I've put a lot of time into the phone already, and I'm just not seeing this. WebOS is anything but smooth most of the time, it's downright choppy. Android may not animate things like the window changing orientation, but that's not my definition of smoothness. I'm finding the more I do to the phone, the more I prefer it over WebOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnAnderson127 View Post
    I'm luke on android, I prefer maemo over that,

but the n900 seems to have its share of problems and "sluggishness" as well.

Im tired of people claiming other people got faulty phones. - maemo.org - Talk

sluggishness/smoothness having subjective elements and all,

I am glad for you Elysian, you had the worst experiance with a pre i have read on these, or any other forums, rediculous. nobody should go through the day thinking about there phone, it should do what you need and get the hell out of the way the rest of the time.

I too have tried the droid, in-fact some of my friends and I tend to study together on a daily basis, at the table 2 pre's a 3gs and a guy who needed a new phone. He is loyal to Verizon, and we convinced him to get a droid. the next day i spent half my afternoon playing with his phone, very nice indeed, though I was re-leaved when i went back to my pre keyboard. and to be honest, i wasn't as blown away as i was hoping to be. the droid is a fine choice for anyone on Verizon, sounds like some nice updates and rooting in a well, I'm sure you'll find it a good experiance.

for myself, I don't think the droid would have been my choice over the pre if I were picking again and both were on sprint, just because I really love the UI, and there is no way to get legacy palm apps, like epocrates, on the droid at the moment.

anyway, cheers and happy gadgeting, may the droid serve you well.
    There are four lights.
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    I'm luke on android, I prefer maemo over that,

but the n900 seems to have its share of problems and "sluggishness" as well.

Im tired of people claiming other people got faulty phones. - maemo.org - Talk

sluggishness/smoothness having subjective elements and all,

I am glad for you Elysian, you had the worst experiance with a pre i have read on these, or any other forums, rediculous. nobody should go through the day thinking about there phone, it should do what you need and get the hell out of the way the rest of the time.

I too have tried the droid, in-fact some of my friends and I tend to study together on a daily basis, at the table 2 pre's a 3gs and a guy who needed a new phone. He is loyal to Verizon, and we convinced him to get a droid. the next day i spent half my afternoon playing with his phone, very nice indeed, though I was re-leaved when i went back to my pre keyboard. and to be honest, i wasn't as blown away as i was hoping to be. the droid is a fine choice for anyone on Verizon, sounds like some nice updates and rooting in a well, I'm sure you'll find it a good experiance.

for myself, I don't think the droid would have been my choice over the pre if I were picking again and both were on sprint, just because I really love the UI, and there is no way to get legacy palm apps, like epocrates, on the droid at the moment.

anyway, cheers and happy gadgeting, may the droid serve you well.
    The Pre was my first Palm phone, so legacy Palm apps weren't important to me. Palm should be glad that I'm still willing to consider them in the future with the luck I had with the Pre. As long as they get their hardware sorted out, I'm certain WebOS will mature nicely and become a great platform. I think the gesture area is a neat idea, but I find the same area on my Droid has even more function, the touch sensitive "button" area with a dedicated back button, menu button, home button, and search button. I'm glad I was able to move on to a phone that fit my needs as well, and glad that, this time around, I waited, to see what others thought of the hardware, and see how the product fared with the end users. I wish I had that foresight with the Pre.
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    I don't understand I got a pre in october and it has absolutely no hardware failures thus far. I've even dropped it a few times. I know the first run of hardware had issues but it doesn't seem to be one anymore, or maybe I'm just lucky.
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by jwinn35 View Post
    I don't understand I got a pre in october and it has absolutely no hardware failures thus far. I've even dropped it a few times. I know the first run of hardware had issues but it doesn't seem to be one anymore, or maybe I'm just lucky.
    I have a friend who got hers the month after launch, and is still on it, and it's the most solid Pre I've ever used, I've even told her she's quite lucky to have such a nice Pre. I didn't have that luck with my first new one, 2nd new one, 5 subsequent refurbs, or even my final new one. The final new one had a bit of a gap between the 2 halves, otherwise was fairly solid, but not like her phone. It's like her phone was manufactured by the Motorola Droid manufacturer
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    So does the phone not function because of the light leakage or something?
  20.    #40  
    My Droid is now rooted
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast