Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I really want another phone. I love my Pre but for the last two years I always had 2 phones Sprint & Verzion. Since I got the Pre I canceled my verzion phone and been having one phone. And I hate it. Now I'm thinking about getting a blackberry bold (white) on AT&T with just a data plan. Being a college student I just have a need of having another phone. I refuse to get an Iphone.

So is blackberrys really that good? Is the OS that out dated? My parents asked what I want for christmas and I said a new phone and they said 'we'll see'. I want you guys who had or have a bold *and went to a pre to let me know. *ASAP.*
    The only Verizon I would consider is Droid. Blackberrys are fine for certain users. If you want an phone, with email and text capability. Anything else and they are just behind the times. But then again, my two phones are a Pre and Pixi.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    How on earth does being a college student mean you have a "need" for another phone?

I think you said it best earlier in your post, you WANT another phone. Which is fine. Blackberry is great for email, messaging like sacherjj said, but from my experience that is about it. The Droid, with its MASSIVE screen, would be pretty sweet on a data only plan. It would be fun for games, web browsing, etc.... If its a XMAS present, then that is what I'd be going for.
  4.    #4  
    lol you have two webos phones crazy. I think I just want a blackberry just for the email . Can the droid even have a data only plan? I don't need minutes I barely use 100 out of my 450 mins from sprint. Is the web on blackberrys slower than the pre's broswer?
    as a matter of fact, me and my brother both have pres, and my sister had the blackberry tour before she upgraded to the pixi. Before she upgraded we compared our pres browser to the blackberry and the pre is amazingly faster than the blackberry. So far I love my pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxBigJonxXx View Post
    as a matter of fact, me and my brother both have pres, and my sister had the blackberry tour before she upgraded to the pixi. Before she upgraded we compared our pres browser to the blackberry and the pre is amazingly faster than the blackberry. So far I love my pre.
    Not a surprise. The Blackberry browser is a joke. A cruel joke.

It told me.
    Go to the verizon website and look up there coverage. Click on mobile tv. Thats the only place were they have revA 3g coverage on verizon. make sure you refresh the map. You may be surprised at were they have revA 3g. It looks like the verizon commercials that make fun of att. Verizons 3g RevA sucks
    ;SPRINT SERVICE/REPAIR TECH
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleW View Post
    Being a college student I just have a need of having another phone.
    This seems odd. The CEO of my company doesn't even need 2 phones.
    I once carried 2 phones, @ first I loved it (2 toys) it became old quick, 2 devices to keep charged and double the head ache.
    I was thinking about keeping my old Centro with SERO for $30 bucks a month as a car phone with my Pre on the ERPR plan for 59.99 but I said screw that when I got Google Voice. Why let people have all that access to you. Unavailability is power. Plus you're being exposed to all that unnecessary radiation.

If you run a business Google Voice is the answer, if you just want to blow money donate to charity or get an iPod Touch 3G. Works for me.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    my sister hates her blackberry. she loaded on game on it (not a homebrew) and it caused major lag for her.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Love the ''I just need another phone'', sorry but just don't see the rationalization of being in college and having two phones, many business people don't have two phones, and if they do it's because their company pays for it and it is a tool they need to use for their job so they can reply back to their emails in a timely manner. Maybe I just don't see the point of getting another phone for just a data plan if you already have a phone with an unlimted data plan.

If you ''truly'' need another phone, sign yourself up for a family plan and tell them you have a split personality and need a phone for each one.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    If I was going to switch phones and carriers right now, I would get the Droid. Blackberries suck unless you're a business guy. You can definitely have a data only plan with the Droid. One of my buddies already inquired about that. Then you can sign up for Google voice and save a bunch of money. Although that doesn't seem to be a problem to you since you're considering having two cellphone plans while you're still in college. If you can make it happen, though, more power to you.
  14.    #14  
    Well basically I want another phone just so I can look into my ex's email and she has a blackberry on at&t. She uses the same password for everything. . No harm in that well there is but noone will know. I got a google voice and uses it daily but would I be able to make phone calls with a data only plan?
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    HAHAHHAHAA...That's awesome!!! (don't get caught, it's illegal)

Who are we to judge if he needs an extra phone or not?
    people live to judge others on this site........
    My HTC Evo Is Great...
    You have to be kidding me.....

Well basically I want another phone just so I can look into my ex's email and she has a blackberry on at&t. She uses the same password for everything. . No harm in that well there is but noone will know. I got a google voice and uses it daily but would I be able to make phone calls with a data only plan?
    your sarcastic right, right?!

if not

dude, you don't need another phone, you need to let go

you are a college student, there are plenty of other fish in the sea, ditch the second phone and use your cash to take another young lady out for a night.
    There are four lights.
    You realize that you can setup multiple email accounts on your Pre, right? You don't need another phone, just to break the law.

It told me.
  20.    #20  
    I'm not kidding and besides you can't view blackberry email without a blackberry or I would have to comfirm it. I can look but not touch!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast