Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Tcub View Post
    "At just 5 months into a new contract" You used the Pre for 5 months. How long have you used the Hero? Not as long.. Come back in 5 months and tell us how much more you love the Hero over the Pre.

I'm not ragging on you but you should have expected replies like this talking about switching from a Pre to a Hero on a Pre forum..
    In 5months his hero will function like new. It's a hardware problem he had.
    I am on pre 5, I stay for webos and pray for a successor. I know where this guys coming from like many others on this forum.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    In 5months his hero will function like new. It's a hardware problem he had.
    I am on pre 5, I stay for webos and pray for a successor. I know where this guys coming from like many others on this forum.
    I'm on Pre #4.. I feel you. Who knows! Something could go wrong in 5 months.
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by tomh1102 View Post
    I think palm sees but there is nothing they can do, they released the pre early to beat the 3gs to the market and have not had he resources to get the pre up to par as quickly as they had hoped.
    not true. WebOS is still in its infancy (1.x) while the iphone (and Android) is a mature 2.x. (apples and oranges, no pun intended). Palm is movin at a good pace in growin up the OS. Many don't remember the 1x days of iphone, but I do cause I had one. trust me when i say the iphone OS was rough, but it was the first of its kind so we didn't mind. Now that we have a reference we are more critical of other OS's. give Palm a chance to grow WebOS up. They have the resources and are well on the way.
    So many of these "so long, farewell, I'm moving to _____" posts reek of FUD.
    Dave Balmer, Gobico Games

Thanks for your support! Check out Wobble Words 2 and Poker Drops available now in the App Catalog for Palm Pre and Pixi, and follow us on Twitter @GobicoGames to get the latest news.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbalmer View Post
    So many of these "so long, farewell, I'm moving to _____" posts reek of FUD.
    yea i call BS on alot of these long goodbye posts....maybe this one is real who knows but you gotta take these threads with a grain of salt...
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by max.swell View Post
    not true. WebOS is still in its infancy (1.x) while the iphone (and Android) is a mature 2.x. (apples and oranges, no pun intended). Palm is movin at a good pace in growin up the OS. Many don't remember the 1x days of iphone, but I do cause I had one. trust me when i say the iphone OS was rough, but it was the first of its kind so we didn't mind. Now that we have a reference we are more critical of other OS's. give Palm a chance to grow WebOS up. They have the resources and are well on the way.
    Just a friendly correction, iPhone OS is on 3.X which gives it more of an edge. I started using it at 2.0 with the release of the iPhone 3G and I can tell you it was far from perfect. Apps took a few seconds to load, they'd quit unexpectidly, and there was MAJOR lag with the keyboard. All those issues were addressed in different releases of 2.0.

From a software development standpoint, I'd say Palm is doing fine right now. WebOS should bring good things to us when it comes in 2010. WebOS users need not fret. Well see good things on this platform within a few months.
    I would say it would have been better to wait until webOS 2.0 came out. If the platform isn't up to your standards by then, ditch it. The hardware issues you were having.. well, a lot of people have those but Sprint is REALLY good at making sure you have a solid phone. If you take advantage of that anyway. I've exchanged my Pre numerous times and I'm on Pre #4. While that sounds tedious, I'm pretty happy about that and I've noticed a big difference in quality over my first Pre to my newest one.

Palm is making changes to it's hardware and the Pre I have now is solid. My advice to those with hardware issues, take it to Sprint and get another one! If that one isn't up to your standards, keep taking it back until you have one you're satisfied with.

If you're not happy with the software, give it until at least 2.0 before making any serious consideration about getting a new phone. I think webOS is great right now and everyday developers are filling in the gaps left out by Palm and we all know Palm is always working towards improving our webOS experience everyday.

Understand the risk involved with buying not only a 1.0 device but also one that came in late in the game and has some big shoes to fill with regards to current touchscreen smartphones.
    So now a 1.0 device is like purchasing a beta device???
    I mean c'mon now... Are consumers just complete sheep now?

BTW... When exactly is webOS 2.0 set to be released?
    Last edited by gmanvbva; 12/07/2009 at 08:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by max.swell View Post
    Exactly. It's called a marketplace. Companies do not get to turn back time and compete for market share based on another companies offering from almost 3 years ago. Especially in technology... C'mon people...
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post
    So now a 1.0 device is like purchasing a beta device???
    I mean c'mon now... Are consumers just complete sheep now?

BTW... When exactly is webOS 2.0 set to be released?
    I didn't say it was beta. If you're building a house, do you start with the roof? No, you build a solid foundation first. WebOS is a solid foundation. IPhone IS 1.0 had issues too but it was a good start to a now great platform. These features take time to implement well. Remember this isn't your typical phone. They pay great attention to detail and it shows.

Consumers are not sheep either. You knew what you were buying when you got it. They not only have display models for trying it but you can take the phone back if you're not satisfied. There's also the precentral forums for doing research prior to getting the phone.

Who knows when webOS 2.0 will be out but we should hear something soon.
    I didn't say it was beta. If you're building a house, do you start with the roof? No, you build a solid foundation first. WebOS is a solid foundation. IPhone IS 1.0 had issues too but it was a good start to a now great platform. These features take time to implement well. Remember this isn't your typical phone. They pay great attention to detail and it shows.

Consumers are not sheep either. You knew what you were buying when you got it. They not only have display models for trying it but you can take the phone back if you're not satisfied. There's also the precentral forums for doing research prior to getting the phone.

Personally, I would not buy a house (or continue to live in one) with a solid foundation but has a leaky roof, no running water, electrical power issues, doors that will sometimes open and sometimes are stick shut, does not have central air or heating, etc...

Silly analogy.

And most people who bought the phone on release did not truly know what they were buying (obviously). Palm still has not implemented many features "teased" prior to it's release or basic features that are considered standard in today's market. Furthermore, they have really done very little to improve the overall experience of webOS in 6 months since the Pre's release.

Nearly EVERYTHING that makes the Pre acceptable as a smartphone has come from the Pre central community. I would estimate that 90% of Pre owners have no clue about homebrews, rooting, or Precentral.

I mean c'mon man! Six months and we still do not have a working microphone in the SDK?
    Seriously?

If I had to bet my leaky house with a solid foundation on when webOS 2.0 would be released. I would say late next ('10) summer or fall at the earliest. I hope I'm wrong... Kinda tired of this cold and leaky house...
    Last edited by gmanvbva; 12/07/2009 at 08:48 AM.
    I have to say i was glad to read this thread. I think we are all in a silent love hate hate hate relationship with our pre's. Everyday we live with a smartphone that has minimal functionality at best compared to its competitors. We are constantly reminded that we made the wrong (and expensive) choice in picking our phone. I find the excuse that is a 1.0 beta phone offensive. We deserved better for our money and loyalty. Its good to see someone who is fed up enough to dump the pre and all of its shortcoming and let downs for a more viable, functional, and promising alternative. Kudos to you for not sticking your head in the sand and hoping things will get better in a year or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by bugluv67 View Post
    I have to say i was glad to read this thread. I think we are all in a silent love hate hate hate relationship with our pre's. Everyday we live with a smartphone that has minimal functionality at best compared to its competitors. We are constantly reminded that we made the wrong (and expensive) choice in picking our phone. I find the excuse that is a 1.0 beta phone offensive. We deserved better for our money and loyalty. Its good to see someone who is fed up enough to dump the pre and all of its shortcoming and let downs for a more viable, functional, and promising alternative. Kudos to you for not sticking your head in the sand and hoping things will get better in a year or so.
    gonna have to agree with this.... i has hoping to buy another Pre today, called the guy... and canceled shortly after making a decision of saving my money rather than getting another Pre thus keeping my Instinct till the next big thing hits Sprint (hopefully a WebOS device)

The, coming soon excuse is laughable now cuz its been released in June and its DECEMBER!! And nothing groundbreaking has arrived, not even the promised Video Recording, App Catalog still in beta, so on and so fourth.... If waiting is the answer then why get a Pre?? Just wait till Palm's next high end device with all the updates the Pre was supposed to have
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    I think this is a good time for folks to watch the video below.
    |
    |
    |
    V
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    ^^^^

lol
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    I think this is a good time for folks to watch the video below.
    |
    |
    |
    V
    lol'd ............... thanks
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12